• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Updating Chou Goku and Vegeta's Notable Attacks/Techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
As the title says, I've prepared some updates for Chou Goku and Vegeta's Notable Attacks/Techniques section.

Here is what I changed and what I removed.

Goku

Removals:
  • Martial Arts tabber. This because it is kinda pointless to keep it. The introduction is just a list of Goku's teachers, the Crazy Fist and Rock, Scissor 'N' Paper are things he has only performed as a kid, also helped by his small size and never used ever again in any of his incarnations. The Eight-Arms Fist is in a similar position and the Dragonthrow, for how legitimate it is, it's no enough to justify a "martial arts" section alone.
  • Telepathy: It's not a technique nor something he often uses (more like never) and it shouldn't be on a notable attacks section. It being listed as a power is correct, but not as a technique.

Additions:
  • A little expansion on how he can project ki and some scans of him using it in a "generic" way, more specifically a single-handed beam, a volley of ki blasts and an aura explosion.
  • Moved some attacks to an "other techniques section" to mark the difference between ki projection and everything else.
  • Fusion Dance: Description and gif (remember that DBS Broly is canon to the Chou manga.
  • Three scans for his SSJ 1, 2 and 3 forms.
  • Scans and explanation for the Ultra Instinct in base form, which he learnt in the previous chapter

Vegeta

Removals:
  • Oozaru form: This Vegeta doesn't have a tail, thus is pointless to have the Oozaru listed.
  • Power Ball: Same as the oozaru, him being unable to transform means he will not use the Power Ball, making it useless to list it as a notable technique.

Additions:
  • Scans for almost everything, I limited myself to what he has shown in the manga
  • Tabbers for Ki attacks, other techniques and Saiyan physiology for the same reasons as Goku
  • Some text expansion and scans for some of the things he can do with ki but weren't given a name, specifically a volley of ki blasts, a sword-like construct, an explosion that has been compared to his self-destruction attack and him causing rocks to explode with a hand gesture, similarly to the Dirty Fireworks
  • Kiai: Description and gif, as he used it against Broly
  • Fusion Dance: Description and gif
  • Spirit Control: Description and scans, with Instant Transmission and Forced Spirit Fission as part of it.
  • Hakai: Description and scans, as he recently learnt how to use it.
  • Scans for his SSJ forms, a description for him "switching" between God and Blue and a description for his "Mastered SSJ blue", which he copied from Goku.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

Btw maybe add we should note that the drawback of him using hakai is no longer a problem for him while in UI .

I'm not sure, because if the technique drains energy, it does it anyway even if Goku can control Ultra Instinct. Because now Goku's stamina isn't being drained from the Ultra Instinct itself, but Hakai is unrelated to it.

But honestly, I've read again that part of the manga (which I'm unsure if I can link or not) and it's not said anywhere that the Hakai requires a lot of energy, so I could even delete that line. After using it, Goku is fatigued because Zamasu delivered a powerful kick in his gut and he was alreayd pretty worn out from the battle, even because maintaining the "Mastered SSJ Blue" was a huge strain for him.

Thanks everyone!

I'm not sure, because if the technique drains energy, it does it anyway even if Goku can control Ultra Instinct. Because now Goku's stamina isn't being drained from the Ultra Instinct itself, but Hakai is unrelated to it.

But honestly, I've read again that part of the manga (which I'm unsure if I can link or not) and it's not said anywhere that the Hakai requires a lot of energy, so I could even delete that line. After using it, Goku is fatigued because Zamasu delivered a powerful kick in his gut and he was alreayd pretty worn out from the battle, even because maintaining the "Mastered SSJ Blue" was a huge strain for him.
I was mostly reffering to when he used it on Rock that was on Moro and it didn't exhaust him at all .

He went on to fight angel Moro right after it with no problem

I totally forgot about it, mostly because I've never been totally sure it was an Hakai. I totally looks like it, as the boulder is turned into dust, but aside from it not having been called Hakai, there are two more things that make me doubt.

First, Goku closes his hand while doing it, as if he was "grabbing" the boulder or affecting it with some sort of energy, while neither him or Vegeta had to move the hand in that way when performing it. We also know they can destroy things from distance with ki or "telekinesis". Goku buried Vegeta's grave on Namecc in a similar way, the Dirty Fireworks uses like the same principle and so on.

But what definitely made up my mind is that, after witnessing Beerus using the Hakai on Vegeta's armor, Goku, referencing himself using it, mentions only that single time against Zamasu, reason why I think what he did to the boulder was something different.

I don't know if it not being Hakai would grant Goku limited deconstruction through ki alone, that should be discussed in another thread.

I just don't think there are enough evidences to consider that Hakai, and placing it in the notable attacks section would make it look like it definitely is.

Telepathy: It's not a technique nor something he often uses (more like never) and it shouldn't be on a notable attacks section. It being listed as a power is correct, but not as a technique.
Not knowledgeable into Dragon ball but I disagree with this removal. It’s still attack/power/ability available to him and it’s always nice to get further information on the powers of what a characters use.

He still has it listed and described in his powers&abilities section, and it's not even combat applicable, he has used it to read Crilin's mind on Namecc by placing a hand on his head and never again.
It would be no different from listing each of his other powers and abilities a second time.

I totally forgot about it, mostly because I've never been totally sure it was an Hakai. I totally looks like it, as the boulder is turned into dust, but aside from it not having been called Hakai, there are two more things that make me doubt.

First, Goku closes his hand while doing it, as if he was "grabbing" the boulder or affecting it with some sort of energy, while neither him or Vegeta had to move the hand in that way when performing it. We also know they can destroy things from distance with ki or "telekinesis". Goku buried Vegeta's grave on Namecc in a similar way, the Dirty Fireworks uses like the same principle and so on.

But what definitely made up my mind is that, after witnessing Beerus using the Hakai on Vegeta's armor, Goku, referencing himself using it, mentions only that single time against Zamasu, reason why I think what he did to the boulder was something different.

I don't know if it not being Hakai would grant Goku limited deconstruction through ki alone, that should be discussed in another thread.

I just don't think there are enough evidences to consider that Hakai, and placing it in the notable attacks section would make it look like it definitely is.
It had the same effect as every hakai pre-granola arc .

If you don't think it's hakai then eh , fair enough , it's not that important anyway, the rest looks cool

It had the same effect as every hakai pre-granola arc .

If you don't think it's hakai then eh , fair enough , it's not that important anyway, the rest looks cool
I know, that's why I acknowledge it being possible, but there are things that suggest it being something else.

I don't want to say that my opinion prevails on yours, but without clear confirmation I wouldn't call it hakai in the respect attack section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back