• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion II: The Sequel

EliminatorVenom said:
Now a recent opinion that some may find unpopular:
Composite & Combined Organism profiles aren't stupid, they're in fact an incredible idea.
A N I N C R E D I B L E I D E A ! ! !

The first season of the Pokemon anime was completely random and had almost no pacing at all.

Also, I thought Ash losing to Alain in XY&Z was just fine, and it was a good battle, including the climactic showdown of Ash-Greninja and Mega Charizard X.

Here are some of my unpopular opinions. (Popular opinions are contained like this)

Shadow the Hedgehog was actually a fun game.

Final Fight is better than Streets of Rage.

The original Paper Mario is better than Thousand Year Door.

Ocarina of Time and Wing Waker are two of the weaker Zelda games, (Though pretty much the entire franchise is still master-pieces).

Mario is actually the worst Mario character, (Luigi is #1, Wario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Bowser are also awesome), Even Waluigi is pretty cool.

Shulk should be at the top of the Smash 4 tiering system instead of Cloud.

Metroid Fusion was a master-piece with a storyline better than any of the Halo games put together.

E.T. for the Atari 2600 was actually an OK game.

Bayonetta's plot was better than any of the DMC games.

Mass Effect and Bioshock's stories are overrated, and are greatly outshined by the Fire Emblem and Zero Escape franchises.

Doomguy has way more character than Master Chief because he avenged the bunny.

Some more from Halo.

Halo Reach's story is overated. And the characters die too fast for me to care about them.

I think I already said that Sgt Johnson's death was pointless and poorly executed.

Master Chief has way deeper lore, development, and personality than Doomguy. (Fight me DDM. lol)

Others.....

Saitama should not be the MC of One Punch Man anymore. Genos, or imo preferably Garou should be.

Yhwach is my waifu.

(^^Joke)

the ET game for the atari is a good game,

Action 52 is a good game,

heck, big rigs over the road racing is a great game,

but you know whats bad? if you said The Real World, your ABSOLutely right (pun based of the pokemon called absol)

EDIT: You're Winner

Superman looks cooler with a mullet than he does normally.

Turning Superman into a bad guy; like in the Injustice games, suddenly makes him a much better written character.

Final Fantasy V is better than Final Fantasy IV and Exdeath is way better than Sephiroth. (FF6 and Kefka are still the best game and villain respectively)

The Wii U was a really great console, (Basically the Sega Dreamcast 2.0)

Battletoads & Double Dragon is an amazing game that aged very well.

Mario & Luigi Dream Team was an amazing game and better than Partners & Time

Ur-Didact getting hax stomped by Cortana was NOT PIS.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Ur-Didact getting hax stomped by Cortana was NOT PIS.
I agree. Considering her history of crazy hacking feats + Experience with Forerunner systems AND knowledge of the Forerunners themselves. It's not at all PIS.

Though it's worth noting that All Cortana managed to do was restrain him,long enough for the Chief to stun him.

Yeah that, and the fact that the only reason fans shout "PIS" is because they're so desperate to portray Forerunners and other Halo God Tiers as being upper-dimensional gods when in reality. They aren't that powerful outside of their ships, mechs, and other constructs.

Also on Halo. Nowdays the series has probably THE worst, most childish, and toxic fanbase of any game series. I'd argue the fanbase is equally as toxic as One Punch Man and Bleach really.

The "fans" are a bunch of entitled assholes who can't get over themselves just because changes were made to the series. The Halo fanbase is a prime example of nostalgia, gone bad.

I enjoyed the fullbring arc of Bleach, and despite its many flaws Bleach as a manga series is still a joy to read especially the beginning.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Also on Halo. Nowdays the series has probably THE worst, most childish, and toxic fanbase of any game series. I'd argue the fanbase is equally as toxic as One Punch Man and Bleach really.

The "fans" are a bunch of entitled assholes who can't get over themselves just because changes were made to the series. The Halo fanbase is a prime example of nostalgia, gone bad.
Well the games kind of went very bad so don't I don't blame them all the sane ones left.

I personally thought that Big Top Turnabout from Ace Attorney: Justice For All was a pretty okay case. It definitely pales in comparison with Farewell, My Turnabout, but I don't really see the hate behind it. (Then again, it's very hard to find something that truly annoys me.)

The Star Wars fanbase these days tends to be more toxic than the Halo fanbase. From Original Trilogy and Prequel Trilogy fanboys/girls who can't get over the nostalgia of the Star Wars movies they grew up with, to Legends EU fanboys/girls sad about its end, to people arguing about more diversity and more LGBT characters in Star Wars, the arguments and rants that can ensue are just horrible. Star Wars is a way better example of nostalgia gone bad.

As for Halo: The games did end up losing much of their original charm and a lot of horrible decisions were made. While I agree that the fanbase these days can be toxic, a lot of the hostility is actually warranted.

Some light novels and webtoons are better than certain animes or shows

One Piece really does deserve its position as one of the best manga or King of Shonen out there

Akame ga Kill is actually a solidly founded manga, I don't watch the anime though, and anyone who calls it edgy seriously needs to stop. It isn't really about edge just because of dark moments.

I feel like Berserk and Jojo gets too much credit, with latter being overhyped or overrated and people gloss over the plot holes or ass pulls a lot just because. They're entertaining, but they also have the smuggest fanbase ever.

The mist is a good series.

Darkmon cns said:
Supers scaling makes sense if you don't over complicate it.
18 takes on a 3-A without ever training once.

Master Roshi is stronger than Tien, without even using special methods of training.

Gohan and Piccolo became 3-A outta nowere.

Jiren can blink away SSJBKKx20 Goku, but he can't do the same with A17.

Kefla is somehow stronger than Vegito.

Do I need to go on? I'm not overcomplicating anything.

DMB 1 said:

Master Roshi is stronger than Tien, without even using special methods of training.

It makes sense in my head.

Also your kinda ingnoring some stuff from thos episodes

For 18 never considered the fat one 3-A for the record,

Darkmon cns said:
DMB 1 said:

It makes sense in my head.
Also your kinda ingnoring some stuff from thos episodes
Your first quote is... Ok.

>Ignoring stuff in these episodes

Such as?

Well goku said in the same episode master Roshi must have been doing some secret training to get that strong which implied master roshi did train

Only gohan really did anything 3-A piccolo got eliminated cheaply.

For 17 Apparently Toryama wanted him that strong? I mean it's said he got a lot stronger and I guess the Infiniti energy thing would let him train

I don't remember anyone really comparing them to vigeto.

Infinite Multiverse cosmology is stupid and makes no logical sense for any verse that can travel to alternate universes.

Darkmon cns said:
Well goku said in the same episode master Roshi must have been doing some secret training to get that strong which implied master roshi did train
Only gohan really did anything 3-A piccolo got eliminated cheaply.

For 17 Apparently Toryama wanted him that strong? I mean it's said he got a lot stronger and I guess the Infiniti energy thing would let him train

I don't remember anyone really comparing them to vigeto.
> Well goku said in the same episode master Roshi must have been doing some secret training to get that strong which implied master roshi did train

That's not what I'm talking about: Tien,, Yamcha and the others did training with Kami a,d King Kai, which were special types of training, which Roshi didn't do. Heck, Kami even said that Roshi should have not trained to fight the Sayians. Realistically, even if he trained all of this time, he wouldn't be stronger than Cell saga Yamcha.

Back