• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unlisted Alien X abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's relevant or helps: Verdona calls mana life energy(and it can be absorbed from living things like plants, usually wilting them when done). Charmcaster says all magic in the universe comes from Ledgerdomain, a different dimension from the main one. Kevin says mana is multi-dimensional(as in it can take effect in parralel dimensions, preventing their enemies who walk between dimensions to pass Gwen's mana shield by doing so).

Edit: Charmcaster said magic not mana, but still worth noting because magic is how most of the characters utilize mana and possibly means the same thing because Gwen has said what they've called magic is effectively using mana.

Since this does not quite seem to fit with either of them, couldn't we just go with Reality Warping instead? It is a form of both of them after all.

Reality warping is such a loose concept, I'd prefer to go with a more defined power if at all possible.

Okay. Going back on track what about Law manipulation?

And Celestialsapiens having to "alter the universe" would that be Conceptual Manipulation or Information manipulation?

"The Universe" isn't an abstract concept, altering it is just Reality Warping. Something like "Flow" would be.

And I'd trust Andy's word on this.

Okay. I also trust Andy's sense of judgement. That is probably fine.

Okay, Information Manipulation and Fire Manipulation is a yes

We still need input on Law Manipulation and Ant's proposal on Physics Manipulation

I don't see any abilities Alien X used as far as information manipulation goes. I think Law manipulation is better as Serena states they can change the very nature of space and time. Meaning changing the laws and physics of the entire universe with Ben having his favorite smoothie in a different taste, a new jacket, and new everything.

Can you summarise the arguments for them please?

Shouldn't he have Existence Erasure? Kevin stated that they can and Professor Paradox was close to being erased.

Please elaborate about Paradox almost being erased.

He was breaking their treaty between him and their species. The Celestialsapients are regarded to make their thoughts become reality so there was no reason to assume that he wouldn't have just dissapeared.

Antvasima said:
I do not remember this discussion very well anymore, so this would be appreciated.

The statement only mentions destroying paradox not easing him from existence

Kevin 's statement was also only about them being able to casually kill them

"They could blink and we'll be gone"

there's no evidence of EE here

What suggests they can't though, reality warping already implies that power in its page. Also he's missing Self-Sustenance Type 2.

No it doesn't, that's just a possible application of it. A reality warper doesn't get EE by virtue of being a reality warping, they actually need to show they possess the ability

Not Icarus Dwayne McDuffie stated that Celestialsapiens eat star stuff and this was already discussed further up the thread

Antvasima said:
Information Manipulation-The statement by Matt Wayne where Celestialsapiens would need to change the fundamental of the universe to manipulation mana.

Law Manipulation-Celestialsapiens creating the Multiverse Preservation Act that all of them must follow

Don't need to word about Existence Erasure since that isn't gonna get accepted

Fire Manipulation-When Ben transformed into Alien X in Ultimate Alien, Bellicus threatened and proposed to set Ben on Fire for a 1000 years

Here is the video. Start at 0:38

I'm pretty sure the Preservation act is just an agreement between the Celestialsapiens, not a law dictating what a person is and isn't capable of like Law Manipulation implies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back