• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Universal question

So hypothetically if a character snaps his fingers and it causes 5 universes to explode, separately but simultaneously, would that actually be 2-C?

This isn't a troll question because it's more important than you think. You'll see why later.

That's not how it works. To be multiversal you have to destroy the universes + the gap in between. My question is what if you destroyed the universes at the same time but not the gap.

Oh I see what you mean now you're getting this confused with the Low 2-C requirement.

The reason why Low 2-C can't get to 2-C via power ups and multipliers is because you can't know whether the blast, energy, etc can actually travel to another universe which requires it to travel, what we call here, along a dimensional axis.

But if you can destroy multiple space-times it means that you can already do that, other wise your destruction would've never reached them in the first place.

It wasn't destroying a 5D axis, it was being able to bridge that gap

Granted I don't agree with that as a standard but

I believe it works off equating it to the lower tiers. The reason 4-A is so high isn't because destroying 2 stars takes trillions of times more energy than one, it's because of the massive distances between stars so to destroy them wjth one attack does legitimately take that much more.

Universes are thought of as 4D structures if applicable for tier 2 and the direction in which they're separated would be a 5th axis. I think the whole "unquantifiable distance" comes in how we don't know how far away one universe is from another along this axis and why people don't want linear multipliers: it's not just what it takes to destroy 2 universes, but what it takes to destroy 2 in one shot and overcome the space between them.

I don't agree with this though. I don't see why we assume that measurement just stops working when you get more dimensions (there are methods to calc hypercolume and such), why we assume every verse adheres to this sort of cosmology (seems derived from brane structures?), why we don't account for verses where the distance is quantifiable, and most of all, why are we treating universes the same as tier 4.

@Wokistan

Well, as you say, we rated it like that because we did not know how to properly quantify the distance between the universes.

Do you have a better practically workable solution in mind?

We just didn't know how to approximate the distance between the universes, especially as fiction does not get that specific about cosmology except in very rare cases.

Wiki had some questions about it too though.

• What happens if the verse specifies an actual distance

• What happens if the verse says there is no distance

• What happens if the verse says they all occupy the same space but are different in some way (Like how in Cthulu Mythos Cthulhu's universe is made of a totally different matter imperceptible and intangible to normal beings under normal circumstances)

I do not think that our system is flexible enough to make a distinction. Sorry.

Back