• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Universal Kratos/Cronus was debunked right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apperantly people still say Kratos is universal, but is there anything at all in the main canon [The games] which suggests that Cronos actually beat Uranus? Didn't he die during the Primordial war after a battle with the other Primordial and even the comic confirms this so there is literally no point in which Cronos could have killed him so its a massive inconsistency at best

I'm not an expert on God of War but the above is correct right?

It was since Kronos allegedly killed Ouranus and yet Ouranus died LONG before with the other Primordials. Plus Universal GOW is a mad outlier when the feats for the verse are consistently Tier 6 throughout.

Ouranos wasn't killed during the war though, we see him get punched and that's it, he doesn't break into pieces like some of the others, and people seem to forget that Gaia and Ouranos sired Cronos and that was after the War with the Primordials so he couldn't have died, and the timeline was released in conjuncture with the game to further show that Cronos beat his father, and again how could Ouranos be Cronos's father if he died before he and Gaia created Cronos, he couldn't have died. Also, Nxy is in the GoW verse and is literally the same as her myth counterpart as confirmed by a GoW writer, yet Helios is strong enough to banish her, as said in the opening of one of the Ascension multiplayers maps, and yes the lore of the multiplayer is canon as well, so that is canon, and he isn't even close to as strong as Zeus, Posidon, and Hades. I can see why it is considered an outlier though, because in game there is nothing to truly indicate their strength level, similar to how strong the magic is, or how fast certain characters as, like Zeus throing the bolt to Egypt in an instant, described as if he was shooing away a fly, or Posidons rage atomizing people in the novel, but it isn't that strong in game, in game makes them look weaker than they really are.

Also, Thanatos is a Primordial and survived the Primordial War but is only considered multi-continental, I assume this is because it doesn't seem like he is that strong when you fight him, so I see why this is the case.

The whole thing with Ouranus is that his death birthed the Universe which did indeed happen. This retconned the origins of Kronos and Ouranus ruling before hm. As for the Nyx thing despite that statement Nyx has shown no feats on the scale of her Mythical counterpart (the same goes for all the Gods) And no one is disputing the Game nerfed their powers for gameplay purposes but the fact of the matter is they dont have evidence for being higher then they currently are.

Helios has his Power of the Sun, and since it forcefully banishes Morpheus, who is Nyx's son, without Helios actually having to go and fight him, I assume it does the same to Nyx. Hax vs. AP.

Cronos beating Uranus is an outlier.

Didn't Ascension retcon that Ouranos dying birthed the Universe, because all of the Primordials together in the intro create the world and Universe, a GoW writer says that it was all of them togehter, and they were basically the embodiment of the Big Bang. Also, the Ascension guidebook shows Ouranos as the heavens, Chaos as life, Ourea as mountains, and Ceto as oceans. I do understand that it is considered an outlier because there is nothing in the game to point towards Cronos or the others having this power, but there is GoW director confirmation on how the Titans and Olympians are at least as strong as the Primordials, because they replaced each other, but again I know why this is considered an outlier, since they never display Universal power in game, or at the very least not Universal AoE.

Not quite Ouranus died and stars emerged from his body which backs up the previous thing bout Univwerse making Ouranus

I understand that part, but that doesn't neccessarily show us that he died, just that the stars flew from his body, which is where the timelines come in, and the GoW writer and director, explain that he did fight Cronos and lost to him, if he was dead he couldn't have fought him, or made him for that matter.

Also is there a way to calc a part from one of the novels, there is a part where Artemis shoots so many arrows all at the same time that the field they are in looks like a yellow haze, or a horde of bees. She did this in a field that held giant sized Ares, his entire army, and an entire army of animals, including bears, wolves, and elk, and more, so the field is huge, and I've seen a calc where covering the sun as shown in 300 required over 300,000 arrows and that was far smaller than the field that Artemis and Ares, and the armies are in. Also, she shoots her first arrow, and then outreacts her own arrow, over and over until she shoots all of them covering the whole field. Each arrow is also faster than lightning and she picks her targets since she only shoots Ares's army leaving her animal army untouched, she also does this in an instant. This may be too hard to calc, becuase they don't say how many animals, or creatures Ares's has in his army, do you think it's possible though?

Covering that field could be as low as 3,000 arrows, actually, if you assume it is an entire acre.

Seems best to just use the speed they tell us it is traveling at.

In regards to Thanatos actually, does no one else find it strange his Parents and siblings are listed under 3-A (The Primordials) yet he sits at 6-A. Could someone help me wrap my head around it?

Well it makes sense that not all Primoridals are made equally and it could be argued that he managed to survive the war by not being a target for his more powerful brethren.

^ This, some Primordials created the universe, but others simply created the ocean and mountains with their deaths.

Here's the thing though, both of his parents AND at least two of his siblings from what I've seen are among the lot in 3-A

Also @Kep I deleted my thread but you used Morpheus as an example correct? Morpheus isn't a child of Nyx but a grandchild. So perhaps that generation may have started after the war but there's no reason Thanatos should be branched off from his parents and brothers/sisters (Aether and Nemesis are the 2 off the bat I see are bunched with the 3-As)

It was stated by multiple directors that Cronos and Uranus had a full on cosmic battle over the Universe. It was never EVER shown/stated how Uranus died. Just that Cronos over-threw/beat him in their battle. And he did NOT die during the Primordial War.

Kepekley23 said:
My point is that Morpheus's domain is also related to the night, and Helios doesn't have to fight him to make him retreat, he just has to show up with the Power of the Sun. In fact, it is outright stated that Helios's Power of the Sun comes from Primordial Energies.
What I'm saying is that it's a hax property. The light forcefully banishes Nyx just like it does with Morpheus. No fighting required.
https://youtu.be/7k0OF_M0mUU 'On the edge of the Aegean, where the God, "Helios. Banishes Nyx from the night sky", An epic battle rages within the walls of Troy." The fact that it says "Banishes" means that he is forcefully removing her. You're wrong.

Also, we don't know what Helios had to do to morpheus to make morpheus retreat. Notice that the sun disappeared in three and morpheus was nowhere to be found. Hera: The sun is gone. Also, seeing as the Sun fell because of Helios being Kidnapped, him dying would have far worse results. So the argument of "Only the clouds cover the sun" is sorta invalid.

Kep will be unavailable for some time since no one else is available to respond this thread, i will have to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back