• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unified "Explosion Feats" and "Earthquake Feats" pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Continuing from the last thread, I will suggest compositing the following calc pages into one, for reading convenience and keeping track of crucial page content better.

Mass-energy conversion doesn't just deal with creation. It also deals with the reverse. Should stay separate.

Inverse Square Law doesn't just deal with explosions and hence should be separate.

Explosion speed is too extensive to be cleanly integrated. We would not be doing ourselves a favor by fusing it into one extremely long hard to overview page. Would rather have multiple pages than one hard to navigate one.

The example pages can probably be integrated, ye.

What DontTalk has accepted is probably fine.

Should I send a notification to our calc group members or administrators for additional input?

I agree with DT, and if Mass-Energy Conversion is going to be a subpower of anything, it would be transmutation; with some extent of being matter manipulation and energy manipulation. But I still think it is it's own thing in the end.

Inverse Square law also refers to things like large objects slamming onto tiny targets or luminosity feats, not just explosions.

I don't think some of those fusions would be page ruining but yeah, agree with DT

Thank you. DontTalk's conclusions can probably be applied then. Is somebody here willing to handle it please?

I want to ask:

1. If a person tanks an explosion deemed to be a nuclear explosion, does its durability scale from the yield of a nuclear explosion or just the fireball of it?
2. A real nuclear explosion has a fireball blast and also a far wider range of ionizing radiation and residual radiation (and receives some far less shockwave).
If one said character tanks the explosion from only the range of ionizing radiation, what durability does the said character receive?

Otherwise DT's suggestions seem valid.

I want to ask:

1. If a person tanks an explosion deemed to be a nuclear explosion, does its durability scale from the yield of a nuclear explosion or just the fireball of it?
Not sure, usually we just use near-total fatalities radius.

2. A real nuclear explosion has a fireball blast and also a far wider range of ionizing radiation and residual radiation (and receives some far less shockwave).
If one said character tanks the explosion from only the range of ionizing radiation, what durability does the said character receive?
I'm curious about this too but I think it needs its own thread.

Mass-energy conversion doesn't just deal with creation. It also deals with the reverse. Should stay separate.

Inverse Square Law doesn't just deal with explosions and hence should be separate.

Explosion speed is too extensive to be cleanly integrated. We would not be doing ourselves a favor by fusing it into one extremely long hard to overview page. Would rather have multiple pages than one hard to navigate one.

The example pages can probably be integrated, ye.
Thank you. DontTalk's conclusions can probably be applied then. Is somebody here willing to handle it please?
@The_Impress @DontTalkDT @Armorchompy @Aguywhodoesthings @Migue79 @Jasonsith @CloverDragon03 @Dark-Carioca

IDK what DT meant by Example Pages here TBF.
I mean the pages that just list a number of precalculated results.

I.e. the contents of the Earthquake Power Chart could be put on the Earthquake calculations page.
The contents of the Explosion Radius/Area page could be put unto the explosion yield page.

I.e. the contents of the Earthquake Power Chart could be put on the Earthquake calculations page.
The contents of the Explosion Radius/Area page could be put unto the explosion yield page.
Ah. Okay then. You can carry out the edits if you wish.

Would anything else be left to do after that?

@DontTalkDT and everybody else here:

Was this ever handled?

DT was talking about integrating example pages. Not sure how he'd do that TBF.

Basically only thing left to do is to put the Earthquake Power Chart into the Earthquake Calculation page and the Explosion Radius chart into the Explosion Yield Calculations pages.

Basically only thing left to do is to put the Earthquake Power Chart into the Earthquake Calculation page and the Explosion Radius chart into the Explosion Yield Calculations pages.
Could you handle it if I opened those pages?

I'd prolly screw it up, I'd leave it to someone more capable like DT.

Okay, given how DT has shown no interest in helping, I merged the pages myself. This thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back