• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unicron 5-A Key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't he be At Least 5-A or even another tier or higher since he's far above the likes of Optimus Prime and others around his level and also with Cybertron being described to be around the size of Saturn in at least some continues with him being consistently comparable to it?

Yeah, even if we go by the original Transformers animated Cybertron being only Moon sized... he would still be way higher on the scale than Optimus or Megatron, who he treated like a ragdoll and even upgraded with little no problem.

He should definitely be 5-A at least.

He's also described to eat stars when consuming an entire universe so the possibility of a High 4-C to maybe even a 4-B exists if we count in blackholes. But one of the other guys wants to keep it as only 5-B and 2-A Unicron for his avatars because of how numerous his avatars and forms are.

I understand having a variable, but in what continuity is he only 5-B? And wouldn't it still be more fair to put him 5-A as that his most consistent low end anyway?

He's 5-B most of the time from what I've heard, you should ask CrabWhale more about this since he's more knowledgeable about the verse than I am.

Jared1111 said:
I understand having a variable, but in what continuity is he only 5-B? And wouldn't it still be more fair to put him 5-A as that his most consistent low end anyway?
5-A is not consistent at all for Unicron. Except for Marvel G1, he's almost shown as either smaller or the size of Earth.

Also, you're trying to scale Unicron to a composite, in this case Composite G1 Optimus Prime. That's not how it works.

But isn't G1 Optimus Composite considered 5-A for scaling to Unicron, and also scaling tot G1 Animated Megatron (who was shown in the animated movie to be far weaker than Unicron)?

I'm curious what other continuties he's only considered 5-B though. I know Prime, but is he still only 5-B in the newer IDW books as well?

I have unfortunately not been keeping up with IDW's run of the Transformers.

G1 cartoon, Bayformers, several Japanese G1 continuities and probably a few more. Again, 5-B is his weakest avatars, that doesn't mean slightly stronger avatars like the one that's as big as Saturn aren't counted.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't Unicron in the G1 cartoon be 5-A if he's considered way stronger than Optimus Prime and Megatron, who are also 5-A because of the Ultimate Doom feat?

The waekest by far is one from the old continuity around 7-B but 5-B is so consistent among his avatars its even funny.

Yeah, for a good baseline "weak" avatar, 5-B is the most reasonable choice, while 5-A is restricted to the Marvel G1 comics and cartoon.

Being honest his size fluctuates a lot, like from 5-A to 4-B, most of the times he is aprox. the size of the planet rather than bigger than it.

I mean, on the opposite end of that scale, you got his size fluctuating to 7-A or less.

I think in some he is at best 7-C or so, hell the supposed size of the Bayformers' version of Unicron is bigger than some of his most OP comic counterparts

Unrelated but, does Optimus Prime's Powermaster Armor just gives him 4-B Durability or also AP too?

I...can't give an answer on that. I don't have much info on the Powermasters.

@Crabwhale

Thank you for handling this.

Should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back