• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Everlasting

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
To help give the Undertale threads some variety, I decided to create this battle with the two very determined women.

Rules:

Undyne the Undying is excluded... for obvious reasons.

Speed is equalized, also for obvious reasons.

This is Bayonetta 1 Bayonetta with all of her equipment and accessories.

Bayonetta is not allowed to summon Hekatoncheir or Madama Butterfly, but the rest of her Demons are fair game.

Round 1: Bayonetta vs. Undyne.

Round 2: Same as above, but Bayonetta has her equipment/accessories from the second game as well.

Fight takes place on the top of Mount Fimbulventr.

Who wins? Stating your reasoning would be appreciated.

Undyne the undying by gannadene-d9dkafs
"You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT."

Bayo-1
"Let's rock, baby!"

This...is a really tough one. In round 1, I'm inclined to say Bayonetta could have an edge with Witch Time, but Undyne's not gonna go down, easily. Since it's been a while since I played Bayo 1, could you remind me what level her soul manipulation resistance is at?

As for round 2, well...pretty much the same as above.

She can also attack on an atomic level with Bazillions and poison people with Kafka.

Don't know how much that's going to work on Undyne, as monster's bodies are composed of very, very low amounts of traditional physical matter.

I think one of the main factors for me is if Bayonetta can resist green mode.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to say Bayonetta. Now what demon would she use to end the fight...?

And to answer Azzy's question about Bayonetta's level of soul manipulation resistance, both Resentment and Alraune from Bayonetta 2 have attacks where they literally remove Bayonetta's soul from her body, and she can easily pull it back in and continue fighting like nothing happened.

WeeklyBattles said:
And to answer Azzy's question about Bayonetta's level of soul manipulation resistance, both Resentment and Alraune from Bayonetta 2 have attacks where they literally remove Bayonetta's soul from her body, and she can easily pull it back in and continue fighting like nothing happened.
I meant could she resist soul manipulation potent enough to restrain the soul of a likely multiversal monster.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
WeeklyBattles said:
I meant could she resist soul manipulation potent enough to restrain the soul of a likely multiversal monster.
Wouldn't that just be a strengthened version that only Undyne the Undying has access to? Because frankly, it's really difficult to imagine regular Undyne being able to restrain Chara.

The Everlasting said:
Wouldn't that just be a strengthened version that only Undyne the Undying has access to? Because frankly, it's really difficult to imagine regular Undyne being able to restrain Chara.
As far as I know, UtU doesn't change the way her powers work. It just makes her more physically powerful. Doesn't actually change my vote, as Undyne's not gonna exploit it (because that's completely against her character), and Bayonetta should still win after a good fight due to a versatility advantage.

If Bayonetta qualifies as human, then game set & match. She's aiming to kill, and that's what did in the monsters the first time.

If she's some sort of witch-species instead, she doesn't get the effects of LOVE on account of not having a unique and mighty human soul or determination to help out and is going to have to contend with a foe who has 1,500 HP (and 7 damage is considered enough to blow up an entire city), can freeze her in place, and can continue attacking for several turns after she is dead.

This is how Undertale explains Health/Damage Assymetry.

This is my favorite way to do VS. matches. You figure out a few minor background details and all the pieces fall into place.

I don't buy the concept that just any ol' human can kill any ol' UT monster if they really want to. UT seems to be like Pokemon or Invader Zim in that regular humans are way stronger in that verse than in most. Frisk was filled with an amount of Determination that no character has shown before: so much Determination that they can reverse time and their own death with it. After all, like Undyne said, no human has ever made it past Asgore, regardless of their killing intent.

WarriorWare said:
I don't buy the concept that just any ol' human can kill any ol' UT monster if they really want to. UT seems to be like Pokemon or Invader Zim in that regular humans are way stronger in that verse than in most. Frisk was filled with an amount of Determination that no character has shown before: so much Determination that they can reverse time and their own death with it. After all, like Undyne said, no human has ever made it past Asgore, regardless of their killing intent.
Also, to be entirely fair, Asgore probably could have killed a LOT of humans in the war, but didn't, because Asgore never wanted to actually hurt anyone. After all, it was the humans who initiated the entire war due to fear, after all. The monsters were living peacefully up until then, and as we learned from the library (and experience), monsters are much, much more compassionate than humans.

I don't believe just any human can do it.

I myself would get creamed by a froggit because I can't kill things like that when I'm not behind the safety of a screen.

However, we are dealing with exemplerary action heroes here. The amount of people they kill and continue on without so much as a single tear-drop.

Regardless, after the last Undertale thread I was in, I agree with Azzy that humans do not possess determination as a super-power like in Undertale in any series aside from Undertale unless stated otherwise by an authority or that story's canon (I'll give the benefit of the doubt to anyone with a -_- face like Flowey made when he was referring to killing all the humans, however).

I put my money on Undyne on account of Bayonetta needing to strike her 150 times with multi-cityblock level attacks before Undyne even starts to act like she's losing.

Undyne. Sure, humans are filled with determination, but, in Undertale, determination to monsters is like leukemia to humans. But Undyne managed to stay together with her *cough* DETERMINATION. If you're a fan of Undertale like me, you would know what happens to monsters when they're injected with determination. Anyway, back to the point. If Undyne can take tons of blows from a frenzied human who's killed tons of monsters and form an entire new body because of that determination, she'd be able to take out some hag.

This battle isn't taking the fact that Undyne can use Determination to keep her being together into account, otherwise this battle would just not end.

Do you even know how ridiculously unfair that would be?

The Everlasting said:
This battle isn't taking the fact that Undyne can use Determination to keep her being together into account, otherwise this battle would just not end.
It's technically on a time limit, not something that's permanent. Frisk can just outlast her after she pulls herself back together, after all.

Back