• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(undertale) the anomaly/player revisions

for a couple other abilities that could be added under the player's reality warping through messing with the files,
  • statistics amplification and reduction via screwing with frisk's LV and other stats, and I think you can change the other characters' stats as well but I'm not sure
  • hyper-limited plot manipulation via screwing with dialogue and other text (maybe just text manipulation, just found out that's a thing)
also just another ability to add, acausality type 1, we're totally unaffected by frisk or flowey rewinding time and even whatever asriel does during his fight that would eventually overpower frisk's type 1 acausality has no effect on us

also just another ability to add, acausality type 1, we're totally unaffected by frisk or flowey rewinding time and even whatever asriel does during his fight that would eventually overpower frisk's type 1 acausality has no effect on us
The player does not exist within the game so acausilty type 1 probably is not a good idea

We need some more input before this can be applied.

Renaming the profile is fine

Player will still have time manipulation because of true reset, which is very clearly an ability for the player

Not sure about reality manipulation via messing with data

Not sure possession is right, I always imagined it as entering a host to control them. Controlling them from outside could be mind manip or body puppetry

Acausality is fine imo

Don't think deleting the game should be considered canon, unless that ability has been acknowledged within the game itself

Don't think deleting the game should be considered canon, unless that ability has been acknowledged within the game itself
Not sure about reality manipulation via messing with data
in a game like this, with just how strange it is, how 4th-wall breaky it is, how it seems to be partially centered around alternate timelines and how the game is clearly centered around all of your choices mattering and having consequences (so an ending you chose to get just not being canon is kinda balls), the stuff may as well be canon lol
also https://vsbattles.com/threads/undertale-the-anomaly-player-revisions.119499/#post-3904308

in a game like this, with how strange it is, how 4th-wall breaky it is, how it seems to be partially centered around alternate timelines and how the game is clearly centered around
iirc, undertale verse now is rated as only having 1 timeline due some reason that I dont know

So which staff members and retired staff members have agreed to what so far?

So which staff members and retired staff members have agreed to what so far?
idk what @Ricsi-viragosi thinks other than he disagrees with removing time manipulation

@DemonGodMitchAubin agrees with everything from what I gather

@Andytrenom agrees with adding acausality type 1, disagrees with adding reality warping and removing time manipulation, doesn't think deleting the game is canon and thinks mind manipulation or body puppetry should be added instead of possession

Eficiente also agrees with everything except for Low 2-C.

Should we go with applying the parts that none of them disagree with then?

Okay. I will unlock it. Tell me here when you are done.

Actually, why is the player range Universal instead of Universal+? The Player can reset a timeline, which is Universal+ and not Universal

you can probably re-lock the profile for now, but we still need to all come to a conclusion about the player's reality warping, low 2-C and the stuff that might be added under their reality warping (statistics amplification/reduction and super-limited plot manipulation)

I have done so. Shouldn't we remove Chara as a name for the player though. They are clearly different entities.

Hmm. It still seems a bit confusing though.

when we play undertale the first time, it's likely we'll think the name we enter is naming ourselves/the character we play as, so we might try to put our actual name in there
flowey calls us the fallen human name because it's the closest thing he has to our actual name
well he definitely shouldn't know that we named chara, but he shouldn't even know we exist so🤷‍♂️

Found something interesting if you edit your save file to change player name and the changed name is longer than six characters then game actually the game actually address the said change and this message comes up

But we know Chara can't reset before you sell your soul to them
It can't be Chara, they need us to sell our soul at the end of genocide for that.
I know this may sound weird but, how do we know that? In their speech, nothing really implies that they need the soul, only that it is their bargaining chip:
  • Interesting. You want to go back. You want to go back to the world you destroyed.
  • [...]
  • Perhaps. We can reach a compromise. You still have something I want. Give it to me. And I will bring this world back.

I know this may sound weird but, how do we know that? In their speech, nothing really implies that they need the soul, only that it is their bargaining chip
If chara could have done it without Frisk's soul then he would have been present in pacifist and neutral route too

Asriel even acknowledges in pacifist that frisk is not chara so their is no chara in pacifist

Post pacifist flowey talks with us telling us now you are the only threat left
Flowey may use "you", but he's talking with someone he believes:
  • Is the "One last thread" to a pacifist ending;
  • The "One being with the power to erase EVERYTHING";
  • Isn't Frisk;
  • Has probably heard this speech "a hundred times already";
  • Shares a name with Chara.

Which could point back to Chara, as, if you were to do a Geno run as your first, Sans' speech about timelines would remain unchanged.

(There's the fact that Sans can call Frisk out in their very first run as always knowing what will happen, as if they saw it all before, but I feel like this would be too much of a stretch to include properly)

Flowey may use "you", but he's talking with someone he believes:
  • Is the "One last thread" to a pacifist ending;
  • The "One being with the power to erase EVERYTHING";
  • Isn't Frisk;
  • Has probably heard this speech "a hundred times already";
  • Shares a name with Chara.

Which could point back to Chara, as, if you were to do a Geno run as your first, Sans' speech about timelines would remain unchanged.

(There's the fact that Sans can call Frisk out in their very first run as always knowing what will happen, as if they saw it all before, but I feel like this would be too much of a stretch to include properly)

True pacifist flowey knows we are not chara he acknowledges that as Asriel so no he is not talking about chara in this

That's just sans mentioning the save ability

Also flowey in this context is talking about true reset which becomes available after true pacifist

Back