• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Soul Manipulation - Just or Unjust Removal?

I’m ngl, I disagree. The thread is discussing how the previous removal was unjust and is asking to add it back. If the removal was unjust, then there’s not any contrary-evidence- the entire game is literally based around using your SOUL to dodge, or your SOUL is taken away. It’s quite obvious should the previous arguments be ignored, and blatantly laid down in plain sight throughout the game.
If the removal's reasoning was flawed, I think we should take precautions to ensure those flawed reasonings don't 'cause a re-removal, especially if that could lead to a re-adding, etc.
I'd say that making such a blog is not about whether the ability is correct to have, but preventing misunderstandings that could lead to misused resources. It's often not very fun to have to have repeat CRTs.

Should that mean all the matches originally before the durability negation removal should be readded?

If it's accepted yes.

If the removal's reasoning was flawed, I think we should take precautions to ensure those flawed reasonings don't 'cause a re-removal, especially if that could lead to a re-adding, etc.
I'd say that making such a blog is not about whether the ability is correct to have, but preventing misunderstandings that could lead to misused resources. It's often not very fun to have to have repeat CRTs.
But the issue is that the very thing of the game is everyone attacks the soul, this isn't something that needs some extensive explanation blog, it's quite self-evident, the arguments against were extremely flawed, if the flawed reasonings come back, it's easy enough to just link this thread and be done with it.

Should that mean all the matches originally before the durability negation removal should be readded?
Does it function precisely the same as before?
If it's accepted yes.

But the issue is that the very thing of the game is everyone attacks the soul, this isn't something that needs some extensive explanation blog, it's quite self-evident, the arguments against were extremely flawed, if the flawed reasonings come back, it's easy enough to just link this thread and be done with it.
I'd like to think it is self-evident, but how many Undertale revisions have there been on this topic, going back & forth?

Back