• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Understanding Ragyō's mind manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
So, her very specific mind manipulation had come up quite a bit in threads. And it's due to the fact that it's not at all similar to traditional mind manipulation. She messes with the actual brain to achieve the effects of mind manipulation. Because of this, I feel as if she should get mind manipulation via biological manipulation. This would Chang Ryüko's resistance from mind manipulation to that of biological manipulation.

Was this never pushed through? Makes sense to me, I guess. It is not like Ragyo had the best mind manipulation in the world before, to be frank.

No, it is in no way biological manipulation. Wraping a string around someone's brain and then mind controlling them isnt biological manipulation.

WeeklyBattles said:
No, it is in no way biological manipulation
I am part of the narrow minded opinion mind manipulation should not apply if you need external factors such as manipulating biology of the victim, which is what Ragyo does. It could be an argument in Semantics weekly, but I dont agree with Ragyo current ability. It is either 'Limited Mind Manipulation' or 'Mind Manipulation via Biological Manipulation'

But then again, I dont personally care enough to make a big deal out of it.

The brain is biological, so being able to affect the mind via BM isn't too far out there.

An example from another verse would be Panacea (Parahumans), who can alter minds by manipulating the brain with her biokinesis.

This is an old thread. It should probably be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back