• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally i make it!!

Alright, this thread is not your usual vs matches, its about discussing and debating the pro and cons from this three visual novels, the points are:

• Story-Wise
  • Design-Wise
  • Development-Wise
  • Characters-Wise
  • Impact-Wise
  • Theme-Wise
  • Background-Wise
Not too much to say here aside let's begin the discussion!!!

Dunno about XBlaze, so I'll only talk about the first two:

Story -Wise: I really like DI (it was my first VN), but Umineko is something else entirely and my favorite piece of fictional work ever, so...

Design: I mean, have you seen the OG sprites from Ryukishi

Development-wise: Still Umineko, but DI is not that far away

Characters-wise: Both have some of the best characters, but I'm still going with Umineko (yeah, I know, I'm biased)

Impac-wise: Umineko had impacted me much more than DI did

Theme: Still Umineko. From themes like Family and Love, to more meta ones like What makes a good mystery and Storytelling.

Background-Wise: DI has some really good backgrounds, like Reinhard's palace. Meanwhile, the Umineko backgrounds didn't stood out that much (even with the PS3 patch lol).

I don't know jackshit about any of these verses stories, well I am a bit familiar with Umineko, I do remember seeing Bernkastel getting pussified by Battler, yeah that was pretty funny. But as an outsider my opinion will probably not count. But I'll still give one.

From what I heard, Umineko is said to have some of the best stories in fiction. It has a layer of "deepness" rivaling amazing series like Hunter x Hunter and has an enthralling mystery feel to it all.

Masadaverse, from what I hear is like a good popcorn flick. It's pretty damn entertaining but not as thought provoking as Umineko. Though in my opinion the world seems to intrigue me much more then Umineko with its use of Taikyokus, Hadou gods, and Nazis.

I remember hearing from a YouTube review that Xblaze is pretty damn awful. I can't say that it is, since I didn't get to experience it, but that's as far as my opinion goes about that series.

I'm pretty sure I'm wrong in certain aspects, so feel free to call me out on it.

Tbh i prefer ace attorney more than Umineko. The only thing i like about Umineko is their power level.

@Marquis I would have to agree. Their not ugly, as a matter of fact Bernkastel is quite cute, but they are hella generic. Characters from Masadaverse looks more better. Look at Hajun, his design is based off Buddhist monks, and he still manages to look badass. He has many features that warrants his appeal. His skinny stature, robes, and ears, shows off the origins of his design and what they are based off from (Buddhism). And the dark skin, yellow flaming hair, the color of the pupils in his eyes, and his grotesque third eye peering out, shows how threatening he can truly be. I have yet to seen a Umineko character that has matched Hajun in terms of dynamic looking designs. Most of them are just anime boys and girls wearing fancy shit.
E26DA46E-AB33-451C-890D-D3E52D5EB37B

I finished XBlaze and it's pretty darn good. Though I admit that there is some flaws like the lack of character development and THIS ************'S EXISTENCE!!!!!!! Es was much better protagonist than him.

I give it to the other two in impact, character, story, character and stuff, though I liked XBlaze theme (I mean theme songs) more than the other two. Though it may be subjective since I'm in love with electronics compared to Masada's orchestral whatever though Umineko has electronics and I liked XBlaze better.

Background wise, I also give it to XBlaze. Creating a whole picture is just isn't there in other VNs and makes XBlaze battle scenes look much better in comparison. Hell even main Blazblue is better. Their mouths flap when they talk which is really nice. They blend to the background which is also really well drawn. And I like the best is the fight scene because they didn't have narration that leaves you out of experience sometimes because they didn't need to. The choreography is already clear and spot-on, characters react to the others' attacks and it just makes much more sense and clear than DI's action scenes. Though DI has much better choreography.

Design wise I think 3K and XBlaze will tie, I hated DI's character designs because it looked samey, swastika style. I loved XBlaze's designs because it looked really cool while knowing who they are and what's their deal is. Though like 3K, the villains has like "I'm the ******* villain!" look always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back