• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbaddonTheDisappointment

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
I agree, but shouldn’t the tyranid hive fleet have FTL travel speed due to the narvhal?
They still travel at similar speeds relatively, it’s just they compress space and push themselves via gravity. In my opinion, it would at most boost their speed to some unknown degree given they propel themselves with gravity and we don’t have a confirmed bioship speed so it’s kind of hard to say how fast it’d be.

Aye, one major edit I forgot to add in.

I will be merging the hivemind with the nid page, the hivemind itself is just the collective consciousness of the Tyranid species and isn't really its own separate entity, they are pretty much one in the same.

Thoughts on the new edit to the sandbox would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Yeah that's fine with me, plus the old page sucked anyways. Now we gotta wait for more staff approval cuz now it's a tier 1 upgrade lol

I think the Hive Mind could get its own page as opposed to being lumped in with more general specimens, but the CRT looks good.
The Hive Mind does have its own page but like Roach said above, they are all technically the same linked entity so it would make sense for it to be attached to the Tyranid page itself and just merge the two

Well yeah, but by that same logic aren't the other two technically the same entity, since they're all part of the hivemind
IIRC the Swarmlord is slightly separate from the Hive Mind itself but fair enough. I'll make a quick sandbox for a hive mind page just swapping over the stats and abilities and such.

Well yeah, but by that same logic aren't the other two technically the same entity, since they're all part of the hivemind
Okay being told that it's not the best idea for that considering that while the hive mind itself is connected to all tyranids, the swarmlord and malantai themselves are entirely unique entities/biomorphs, just tied with the hive mind which is why they should have their own profiles. Meanwhile the hive mind is less it's own unique entity and just the tyranids themselves which is why it'd be better to just place it under the tyranid page and remove the hive mind page.

If the powers that be for Warhammer don't think it's a good idea, so be it, I am not a Warhammer man. I'm just saying from an outside perspective it seems odd.

If the powers that be for Warhammer don't think it's a good idea, so be it, I am not a Warhammer man. I'm just saying from an outside perspective it seems odd.
Fair enough. I’m not a Tyranid guy so I’m just going off what they’re saying.

Do you think it’s fine to apply these?

I also think that the swarmlord should have its own profile. It is a unique individual amongst the hive mind of the tyranids, and is pretty much the equivalent of a named character for the tyranids. There’s only one of them that’s able to be spawned at a time, and it’s different enough from a ordinary hive tyrant because each time it is respawned by a norn-queen it keeps all of its memories, knowledge, and experiences. It’s specifically said to have a level of autonomy to it that no tyranid has, and even sort has a “personality” of its own (which is mainly just the methods it leads the swarms of tyranids under its command and engages in combat).

I also think that the swarmlord should have its own profile. It is a unique individual amongst the hive mind of the tyranids, and is pretty much the equivalent of a named character for the tyranids. There’s only one of them that’s able to be spawned at a time, and it’s different enough from a ordinary hive tyrant because each time it is respawned by a norn-queen it keeps all of its memories, knowledge, and experiences. It’s specifically said to have a level of autonomy to it that no tyranid has, and even sort has a “personality” of its own (which is mainly just the methods it leads the swarms of tyranids under its command and engages in combat).
To be clear, I was rooting for the hivemind to get its own page as opposed to being included on the overall species thing, since while it is a representation of the species as a whole, it is also a singular organism (sorta). Just a funky situation, I'm happy to stick with what the Warhammer bros would rather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back