• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Typhlosion Speed?

Currently, Typhlosion's speed is Unknown, which is kinda useless. So, I figured there should be some entry for it.

I was thinking , since Charizard and Typhlosion have the exact same base stats, they should be considered comparable, and thus Typhlosion would have At Least High Hypersonic as its speed?

If this wouldn't work, I did have another idea. I remember Jimmy's Typhlosion having a pretty impressive speed feat early on in episode 2 of Raikou, the Legend of Thunder! where he uses flamethrower to block Raikou's thunderbolt attack midstrike, from what has to be a pretty short distance.

I figured if somewhat could find out the distance they were from each other, and the speed of the flamethrower attack, they could calc how quickly typhlosion needed to react and move in order to intercept the attack. Or just calc it like any other lightning feat, using just the distance (the two attacks seemed to travel at similar speeds, by eyeballing it).

The only problem is that there's not really a good shot that shows their distance from each other, as they're not both put in the same frame, and are only shown in Dutch angles in relation to Jimmy.

Lightning interception feat, for reference: https://youtu.be/hp5wNq-I8pM?t=3m53s

Further, under the notable attacks/techniques area, shouldn't we make a note of Typhlosions ability to create explosions, raise air temperature, and create heat shimmers (all from Pokedex entries)?

Well we don't use stats no matter what and the other option is scaling from a legendary which also isn't allowed.

However I do remember his dex entries mentioning explosions so wed might be able to use that.

This wouldn't have anything to do with speed. It would just be a mention of the feats in the Pokedex.

Back