• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Warrior Monks. Knuckles (Sonic X) vs Jago

Maverick Zero X said:
The AP seems negligible and why would Jago be mores skilled?
What makes the AP negligible? As for your argument of Knuckles fighting a thousand-year-old, imo the same could be said about Jago fighting much more ancient characters in the cast like Gargos or Eyedol. I do agree that age doesn't equal skill but Jago still has the edge there, he has fought the cast even without his powers.

Maverick Zero X said:
Knuckles beat a guy who was over 1000 and stronger than him
Tusk is over 10,000 and easily one of the strongest fighters in the series and Jago's skills still compare to him.

Clyde McReady said:
Maverick Zero X said:
Knuckles beat a guy who was over 1000 and stronger than him
Tusk is over 10,000 and easily one of the strongest fighters in the series and Jago's skills still compare to him.
So the experience advantage becomes moot and... vote count for Knuckles reset?

^Maybe, I think there's a lot to re-evaluate here before calling a win because these were literally the only arguments:

"Knuckles beat a guy who was over 1000 and stronger than him"

"Knuckles FRA. He's not unused to facing people stronger and more experienced than him and coming out in top."

Neither sounds convincing, everything else is just FRA spam.

You only discount votes if they are objectively wrong, like "I vote via AP" when the opponent has the AP, not if they don't "sound convincing"

Wow this became active lol

Well if Jago can keep pace with someone that's got ten k worth of experience that rends the experience edge moot wouldn't it?

Theuser789 said:
You only discount votes if they are objectively wrong, like "I vote via AP" when the opponent has the AP, not if they don't "sound convincing"
Well, if we're being objective you just came and said Knuckles beat a 1,000 year old stronger than him without any references.

The other guy says he's not unused to fighting people stronger than he is and coming out on top but without seeing any track records that suggest that it could be seen as an assumption simply because we don't even know the guys he's talking about. Been a while since I watched the show but I don't recall Knuckles being that damned.

Theuser789 said:
Not really, experience isn't mesuread just by fighting people stronger than you, there's other factors
Perhaps but it's the argument being used here for Knuckles apparently. We know this of Jago, he has formal training, he can beat enemies based on his skills rather than strength whereas all I've seen of Kncukles in the show is "Punch it, punch it, punch it" and he also has powers that aren't being accounted for like TK and energy projection.

True but you did ask why Jago would be more skilled and that's what I'm getting at. Skill may be a subjective area but the criteria we're using here points at Jago being superior, he's not just a martial artist, his skills are actually what he relies on more than power, the entire point of the comics was that he and the other two mains can kick ass without any enhancements.

Maverick Zero X said:
The AP seems negligible and why would Jago be mores skilled?
This says otherwise. Honestly, can we actually debate this? We're only backtracking on what you may or may haven't said. Here's some points, Jago has an AP advantage of almost 3 gigatons, has the skill advantage from what I can tell and I'm waiting for an argument on durability for Knuckles.

I'm using Maverick as a point of reference since everyone after said FRA. You said FRA, for reasons above, and those were the reasons above. So their argument is your argument.

Uh, no, it isn't, that's not how it works, I didn't make the argument, I just voted because I thought his argument was better, that doesn't make it my argument, therefore I am not going to debate based on other people's arguments

If you're not using their reasons you might as well just said Knuckles and ditched the fra. If you thought their argument was better then that is your argument but if the argument is proven wrong then you have nothing. So you either present some sort of valid argument yourself or just state that you're voting just because, randomly.

Dude, you are overcomplicating this, yes, I did vote for their reasons, however I wasn't the one who made the reasons, so I can't debate on a argument that I didn't make it myself, aka debate for other people, that's literaly it, it's not hard to understand

I'm not complicating anything, you either debate on the subject or not, else you're the one complicating things by contributing to misinformation, casting a vote on something you don't have enough interest on to tackle completely. You might as well have said you like Knuckles but never heard of Jago so you're sticking to what you know.

And you're going to have to understand if from there on the voting isn't taken seriously. I think there's a reasonable cause to simply ignore the votes so far since none had a decent argument to be based on. Not like this thread is moving anyway, been a while since the votes were counted.

None of those were arguments, the dude just asked why Jago would be more skilled, left the talk before I came in to answer and hasn't made a statement since. The other one is a fallacy too, when has Knuckles fought anyone more experienced and stronger than him and how many times? These points are wrong, your vote doesn't crap because you're actively avoiding the debate. So you either debate me right now and make a case for Knuckles or I'm just going to disregard your stance altogether.

Back