• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two highschool girls that aren't quite what they seem. Yuki Nagato vs Monika

@Saikou But the others arent aware, why is Monika able to survive in any fashion her file being deleted when everyone is completely gone. I mean I guess she was close to being "gone" gone, and in the brief time she was able to fix everything before she was truly gone?

Monika lasted quite some time without her file actually, so it wasn't a last time action. I guess that's just because she had her president powers. that,s also how she has her infinite speed, so.

Also what's that 1183482 reply number, lol

@Saikou: Well, I guess it's partially opinion-based on what it does, so I'll concede. Even so, Yuki still erased Asakura in a way that would affect Monika. So, I guess it comes down to whether Yuki or Monika hits first; in-character Yuki does seem more aggressive than in-character Monika in terms of using her better powers, though. So I do believe Yuki still has a better chance. And she doesn't need long to sync herself with her future self, either.

She didn't though. You say she erased her non-corporeal self across time.

Monika survived having her non-corporeal self (Her file) erased across time of 54 timelines.

@Saikou: True. Well, I'll just vote Monika for your reasons, then. Yuki will try to erase Monika, but it won't affect her, and Monika will realize how powerful Yuki is, and just delete her.

Man, I have changed my vote too much now...

Saikou The Lewd King said:
She didn't though. You say she erased her non-corporeal self across time.
Monika survived having her non-corporeal self (Her file) erased across time of 54 timelines.
but at that point time literally doesnt even exist and you CANT make any more save files. there was only that one timeline ou and she were in.

The effect is the same though. Much like Sayori getting erased over all the save files, Monika got erased from the game itself, which contains said timelines. That's like if Monika got erased from the entire multiverse.

And once again, if we did this for every characters, very few of them would actually use their full power from the start.
Fact is I wouldn't assume that for many characters.

There is a reason the Standard Battle Assumptions explicitly say "The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual". So the character will react to such a battle as it would should an unknown person just start attacking it (or maybe more accurately as it would would it intent to kill some random person due being being told to fight it).

For example one reason I appreciate Othinus is that she is one of few high level reality warping characters that would actually right away nuke the universe in response to a small fry.

Fighting style is a important factor in a battle and having a bad one or having no feats of having a good one serves to ones disadvantage. Basically the same principle as for any other fighting atribute of characters.

Aside from that one might bring up that Yuki is an interface of the Data Overmind (or part of it, considering that the one that controls the interface is part of it). Her memories shouldn't be easily manipulated due to being backed up by the Overmind. The Overmind and with it Yuki exist to some degree beyond the timeflow given that it could keep overview during the timeloop. Scaling it to the Sky Canopy Dominion in regards to existing outside the timeline is probably is stretch, though.

Either way given both are the 2-C versions Monika probably takes this as Yuki has to work herself though each save to kill her, which should give Monika sufficient time to adjust to erasing Yuki.

The problem comes from assuming a character would treat them as a regular human and/or fodder. A lot of characters are only casual due to knowing fully well that the characters they're up against stands no chance against them. Mxy and Yukari coming to mind.

I know that characters being casual even against people they're equal to, which is fine. But I'm talking cases where a character is only casual to people who they casually fodderize. Having them have the same mindset against people who can actually harm them isn't really fair for a VS Fight.

but we really have no frame of reference on how Monika would react to coming across someone reliatvely equal to her.

So why would the assumption that she'd just decide to, I don't know, punch Yuki take precedence over any others?

Why not? She did it to far weaker beings when they were far from being able to threaten her.

Actually, Monika DID face someone equal to her now that I think about it. Sayori. Who she promptly and instantly erased.

@Saikou: But Monika knew Sayori was a threat. She would have no idea what Yuki can do; she looks just like her friends like Natsuki and Yuri, and the worst she did at first was drive one to suicide. She didn't take further action until later. Thus, she wouldn't immediately try to erase Yuki. That's what I think Aqua's trying to say. I also agree with that, but since Yuki's erasure can't finish Monika right away, she can immediately erase Yuki right afterwards.

Except that Monika had reasons to not delete them. After all that pretense falls off, she outright deletes them.

Sayori is weird since she was immeditely gone despite Monika doing the same thing to her that you do to Monika. despite Sayori having pretty much ALL her knowledge and being the president...Monika is weird since she for some reason had superiority in that situation.

Arguably, Monika caught Sayori off-guard. And she completely erased the game, making it impossible for her or anyone else to exist in it.

She also erased her cause she saw Sayori was literally just as dangerous as she was before Monika had her realization about herself.

@Aqua: Speaks magnitudes of how strong Monika is.

@Saikou: Yes, because they were her friends. But we still have no point of reference to say how Monika would act to someone who isn't her friend and looks as harmless as her friends. We can't assume she'd immediately go insane on them when it's in-character for her to not immediately resort to that stuff.

wait Yuki's rprecog require action on her part then why did she ahve to actively make it so she couldnt link with herself? that sounds like it would have to passive before hand.

What? You say Monika would go to the delete button faster against her friends than some random girl who she needs to kill? That would rather be the opposite. Monika has far less resistances to doing it here.

Good lord you guys. You're trying to find any possible excuse to explain Monika's fight against Sayori away so you can assume she won't do it again against Yuki.

When Monika wasn't self-restricting herself anymore she outright deleted Natsuki and Yuri. When Sayori became a threat she also instantly deleted her. What more do you want?

The problem comes from assuming a character would treat them as a regular human and/or fodder. A lot of characters are only casual due to knowing fully well that the characters they're up against stands no chance against them. Mxy and Yukari coming to mind.
I know that characters being casual even against people they're equal to, which is fine. But I'm talking cases where a character is only casual to people who they casually fodderize. Having them have the same mindset against people who can actually harm them isn't really fair for a VS Fight.
Unless she has shown to go full force against an opponent, whichs power she does not know, she would basically treat them as a random strangers not as people of similar powerlevel.

Even if she did it requires more argument to assume that she would be efficient in that situation than lack of showing of being inefficient. As said, lack of bad feats doesn't allow the conclusion of being good at it.

If she usually knows to be so superior to everyone else that she doesn't go serious against an unknown opponent, because she assumes it is as weak as everything else in her verse, that is a legitimate weakness as well. That is absolutely fair.

Actually the opposite would be outright unfair, given that it takes an legitimate advantage away from actually careful characters or those that have an ability that enables them to tell how powerful an opponent is. After all no prior knowledge is amongst others a rule exactly because of that.

This isn't the case here though. Or for a lot of characters. They wouldn't go easy on any opponent just because they're used to be superior. Assuming a character would go easy on a random, unknown opponent only really works if it actually happened in-universe. Characters who are casual due to their usual situations shouldn't be made to take random characters lightly because of it.

The very model of a 1v1 fight is unfair to a lot of characters whose main combat attributes aren't applicable in such fights. Rick's type 6 immortality or the Great Race of Yith's time travel comes to mind. SBA taking away advantages isn't anything new.

@Aqua Still haven't answered my above points. In all cases where Monika had to kill someone and she wasn't holding back, she deleted them.

She didn't have to kill anyone, she got to that point due to being fed up with them still being desireable to the protagonist. to put it simply anyway.

False. At that point, Monika doesn't care about keeping up a masquerade anymore. So instead of using subtility, she just deletes them. Proving that she could have done so all along if she wasn't trying to keep the game "normal".

She's already proven that when not self-restricted due to her need to keep the game "normal", she can and will just delete whatever troubles her. Even if it's something ultimately harmless.

If anything this only proves Monika will delete at the slightest provocation. She had literal infinite choices over deleting and still did it. She could had just trapped you in the space room and the other girls would had been unable to do jackshit, or just have them transfered to s school in the other side of the world.Yet she still deleyrd them. And this was supposedly Monika playing nice with kid gloves becsuse its her friends...

Am I supposed to believe she is going to hold back against Yuki? Why?

I applaud you for this since I can't remember any TMoHS related these days.

I don't think Yuki has enough arsenal to put up with Monika's Plot and Script Erasure, Monika takes this FRA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't Monika just be able to delete Yuki's character file? For now, my vote's on Monika, but that could change.

Back