• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Pearl6 by dottorfile-da2y4h2
411166 safe solo twilight sparkle magic book glowing horn magic circle artist-colon-ponykillerx

Twilight Sparkle vs Pearl

Twilight is a Unicorn (6-C)

Battle is in the field where Pearl's Cherry Blossom Tree is (was)

Battle starts with them 10 meters apart

Both are in-character

Both have no knowledge or preptime.

Fight begins at night.

Speed is equalized

Win via any method other than incap.

I'll go with Pearl, she has much more fighting experience, and, without knowledge, Twilight wouldn't start using her best haxes in character.

I say Pearl as well. Twilight's abilities aren't necessarily all for combat, and Pearl is a far more powerful and experienced fighter.

The thing is, if Twilight could survive long enough to notice how much of a thread Pearl can be, she could hypnotize her, transmutate her into a orange, brainwash her into falling in love with the tree, making her spear come to life and attack her, etc, but, in character, Twilight tends to save those spells as a last resort, and seeing how much combat experience Pearl has, Twilight will be dead before that.

I am actually going with Pearl here

Twilight may have much more hax, but Pearl knows about her powers so I am sure she should be able to dodge her magic blasts. The only problem will be the telekinesis, but I am sure Peark should be able to take the damage and counter

Ah

I am still going with Pearl, since she fights stuff weirder or as weird as Twilight. So I am sure she is going to adapt to Twilight's beams being capable of transmuting stuff

I would say Twilight stomps, she has a huge array of spells from straight lasers and shields to rendering people completely immobile, upwards of a few dozen in Hoofields and Mccolts. She has the power to create life from inanimate objects. She has some combat experience (she fought Tirek, trains with Starlight) not to mention she can fly at decently high speeds, not casually breaking the sound barrier like Rainbow Dash, but she is still decently fast.

Pearl has a lot of combat experience, though once Twilight realizes some woman charging at her with a spear she will either quickly take to the sky or just teleport out of the way like she did against Nightmare Moon in the series pilot. she could then freeze her, and blow her to kingdom come.

Twilight is far too powerful for Pearl

AquaWaifu said:
@Ryanmahaffe

I equslized speed.
Right, my bad

Doesn't change anything, Twilight can still teleport unless she can't in that case we are straight nerfing her.

So...I still say Twilight wins because of her vast arsenal of spells

Ryanmahaffe said:
she can fly at decently high speeds, not casually breaking the sound barrier like Rainbow Dash, but she is still decently fast.
You do realize she can fly at Relativistic speeds right?

WeeklyBattles said:
Ryanmahaffe said:
she can fly at decently high speeds, not casually breaking the sound barrier like Rainbow Dash, but she is still decently fast.
You do realize she can fly at Relativistic speeds right?
Yeah sorry I never saw any feats in the show to support that as I don't think they are comparable to the two natural born alicorn princesses

Anyway, even Unicorn Twilight could teleport easily, shoot dozens of lasers in seconds at changelings, use magic to hold herself in the air, she even knows a time travel spell albeit a severely limited one at that point. etc etc.

Yeah....you cant just ignore profile information. regardless it doesnt matter here.

all of those arent really too impressive considering that Pearl has thousands of years of combat experience and has endless stamina.

the time travel spell is practically useless given how limited it is. it lasts only about a minute

A minute is enough time to warn Twilight of an incoming threat provided she didn't freak out. Pearl was nearly defeated by one immobilizing attack by Aqua Marine, assuming Twilight could use her freezing spell at the tail end of her being a unicorn, she could easily combo Pearl down. Pearl is primarily a close ranged fighter, Twilight, because of her proficiency in magic, is more long ranged, that alone already places Pearl at a minor disadvantage.

I can ignore baseless information if I choose to.

No she wasnt, she was just fine and ready to keep fighting when she landed. And Twilight only has the freezing spell as an Alicorn, she never demonstrated the ability to use it as a Unicorn.

No, you go by whats on the profiles here. If you disagree with something then make a Content Revision Thread, but youre not allowed to just ignore stats for no reason.

Well what does it matter if I "ignore" speed feats if her flight speed is irrelevant here?

So yes...in this case, I can. Because it is irrelevant to the fight.

She was still unable to fight while immobilized, Twilights long range combat being able to take on dozens of changelings, go back in time however briefly, she thought she would be able to stall Cerberus, she can teleport easily, she is extremely intelligent so it's not like Pearl can beat her in that regard

The literal only point I have seen given to pearl is combat experience, what does that matter if your opponent is vastly more powerful than you with a far larger array of combat options.

Because its against the rules and potentially grounds for a block if you continue

Pearl has ranged attacks as well you know, and she's easily more intelligent than Twilight.

Pearl is actually the more powerful of the two here...

WeeklyBattles said:
Because its against the rules and potentially grounds for a block if you continue
Pearl has ranged attacks as well you know, and she's easily more intelligent than Twilight.

Pearl is actually the more powerful of the two here...
How could you block someone for saying they disagree with something so minor, I never even used that against or for Twilight, what I said was that she is near Rainbow Dash speeds or slower, the only "wrong" thing I said was that she doesn't casually break the sound barrier, then I stated I disagreed and I can ignore if I choose too when it is irrelevant to the discussion, I wasn't the one who said anything about ignoring it in an actual discussion.

But go ahead.

How ridiculous.

Pearl specializes in close ranged combat, that should be painfully obvious. Her spear shooting lasers isn't really the same thing as Twilight who has access to countless spells.

I have not seen Pearl be able to do anything that could counter such a wide assortment of spells and attacks. I don't think you can guage their intelligence that easy that easily, both are at least smart enough to basically counter the other, so it will mostly come down to techniques, and Twilight has pure hax

Twilight used telekinesis firsthand against rainbow, whereas pearl is a meelee fighter, and twilight can teleport, and if twilight realizes it's neccesary she'll just turn pearl into an orange

Back