• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TV Tropes Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
a thread to discuss TV tropes and anything involving TV Tropes

TV tropes is a website that discusses tropes in fiction. (basically common things you notice in those fiction) Examples would be chekhovs gun (about a thing that's not important right now but will be later on) or conspicuously light patch (object brighter than other objects will be the object used)

what are some tropes you've noticed in your favorite franchise and why?

also what is your favorite trope, (i have some favorite tropes and one of them is historical gender flip aka fate saber

agree not to mention

the

yep. It's hilarious
I’ve got you covered with another one

Shotgun truck

edit: I mean Winchester truck

I dislike the Always chaotic evil race trope

since why can’t there be some good ones in that fictional race too.
Don't get me wrong villains should be allowed to be villains (tragic/sad/sympathetic villain origin stories that leads to redemption have unfortunately gotten very stale and grossly predictable these days) but an entire civilization or race of people that are all irredeemably evil is pretty stupid tbh.

Don't get me wrong villains should be allowed to be villains (tragic/sad/sympathetic villain origin stories that leads to redemption have unfortunately gotten very stale and grossly predictable these days) but an entire civilization or race of people that are all irredeemably evil is pretty stupid tbh.

yeah that’s why I hate it unless the writers can give extremely good reasons on why. If not then you might as well not read it.

also virgo Here’s the list of cliche tropes

it’s why we subvert, avert, invert and other things to these tropes. We don’t play them straight cause that’s too cliche

Also joker may be a lunatic but he’s an American lunatic

(I like it when the even villains have standards trope is in effect, it shows that the villains are not completely evil bastards)

🦍

Then I embody

this one's always fun

every verse on this wiki. Their supporters probably has this tbh

Hey guys AKMsama and confluctors avatars basically make me think they represent this trope

Cause they don’t care how lewd their avatars are.

which trope alignment are you guys?

which trope alignment are you guys?
Chaotic. No, just Chaotic. Not good. Not evil. Not neutral. Just chaotic. True Chaotic.
Or maybe this

Chaotic. No, just Chaotic. Not good. Not evil. Not neutral. Just chaotic. True Chaotic.
Or maybe this

Not bad choice

but curious ultra

Hey guys AKMsama and confluctors avatars basically make me think they represent this trope

do @AKM sama and @Confluctor fit this trope with their banners and avatars?

Let’s be honest some people are like this in real life

Does your favorite fictional series have truth in this trope?

Mine usually this.
I love anime or stories that are self-aware of themselves, Senyuu, Gintama, Daily Live of Highschool Boys, Sket Dance, etc.
Another Reason why I like Instant Death.

does this mean

does this mean

I like that too, especially when the character jumps out of the TV and beat the narrator for trying to dictate their action.
Like Amazing World of Gumball.

I like that too, especially when the character jumps out of the TV and beat the narrator for trying to dictate their action.
Like Amazing World of Gumball.

This is correct.

Does anyone of you ever had a hair trigger temper?

Also guys

Where would I fit on the forum pecking order (is it regular?)

what about you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back