• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

True magic god resist

I concur with True Magic God's having probability manipulation/resistence. Magic Gods in general, not just Othinus, are defined as embodying infinite possibilities of success and failure and those who become perfect Gods have complete control over these odds. Meaning, True Magic Gods have overcome this omnipotence paradox/probability dilemma in some way related to their myth/religion and the method they chose to became a Magic God. Gungnir is not a weapon that manipulates probability.

"Othinus is another way of saying Odin, the head god of Norse mythology. They are likely following that mythology. They are modifying the nature of that god by preparing a spiritual item that symbolizes that god's nature. …Norse mythology is a mythology of weapons. The power of the gods is represented by the power of weapons. Keeping that in mind, it is not too hard to predict what Othinus is after." Ollerus spoke casually even though he was speaking of information that was directly linked to the fate of the world. "The holy spear of Gungnir. A spiritual item that represents Odin's power as the head god. Most likely, they have been heading around the world in order to put that spiritual item together into its ultimate form."

For Norse Mythology, Gods need their weapons to reach 100% power. For Othinus, being the top ranking Norse god, she was subjected to this incomplete 50/50 state because she requires a weapon to control the full power of Odin/a magic god. That was why when she acquired Gungnir she could then, with control of the power of a Magic God, choose to unify her probabilities to success.

"This may be a bit hard to understand for someone at the age where you still believe in infinite possibilities. Just think of flipping a coin. The odds of getting heads or tails are 50/50. That is the true identity of 'infinite possibilities'. Whenever you take an action, you carry both the possibility for success and the possibility for failure. No matter how hard you train, you still have 50% odds of losing in a fight to a child. That is what a Magic God is."

We are told explicitly what a Magic God is so it is not necessary for Kamachi to give us additional information on the method True Gremlin became perfect Magic Gods, as being one in of itself means complete control over infinite possibilities.

"It's nothing more than a final destination reachable by human means. It could be Indian mythology, Buddhism, Greek mythology, Maya, Voodoo, or in this country, Shinto or Shugendo. If people mastered those paths to the very end, it could lead to a few different Magic Gods."

I also agree with full power Magic God's having resistance to the general powers of a Magic God, not the specific myth related powers unless shown. Based on what High Priest says, he makes it painfully obvious nothing conclusive comes from a Magic God v Magic God fight. Like the fight over resources in a glass house, clashes between them end in standstills as neither can defeat the other. One of the reasons why True Gremlin was made in the first place.

The different Magic Gods are fighting over the limited resources to decide what to do with the one and only world. Whether we peacefully talk it out or exchange blows, our actions could unintentionally shake destiny to the point that the outside world is destroyed.

If multiple individuals with Othinus's full power existed in a single world, he could see how they would end up in an unmanageable fight over their ideas of happiness.

But even that is ultimately nothing more than the result of an unseen clash between the opinions of Magic Gods. Of course, we have no intention of harming any specific individual.

"Yes. That leaves a struggle over resources with the other Magic Gods. We all have the power to change everything, but there is only one world. Think of it like having ten painters but only one canvas. If they each continually try to overwrite it as they see fit, it would develop into a fistfight. Do you understand what I'm saying?" The golden world Othinus had shown him had only been happiness as she saw it. If there had been five or ten Magic Gods there, they each would have added their own ideas of happiness and come into conflict. As a result, they might have started fighting to protect their own version of happiness.

>What makes FP and Nerfed MG's fundamentally different is several levels of infinity and a ton of hax.

This is the most ridiculous argument I ever heard in awhile, it's like you are using NLF analogy but in reverse. We are not brain dead for the story to tell us that magic gods can throw a punch at each other, it's COMMON SENSE

This like saying Golden form gives Frieza magial resistance to EE Haxx but in hise base form he loses that treat magically?

>Fiction doesn't care. Look at Arceus fighting other pokémon with energy beams instead of reality warping them out of existence. There are plenty examples of fiction making a fight work for plot reasons even if it shouldn't.

More like your own headcanon doesn't care. You don't go and create a scenario for an off-screen battle just so it can fit your own narrative. So let me get this straight, Alister fought HP who reality warp and move at Immeasurable off-screen and survived, but in your head, The High Priest just stood there and fired beams at him at human speed cuz why the **** not right? Are you being serious here?

You are the last person who gets to talk about other fiction tbh. Zeno is getting Resistances to almost every abillty in dragon ball just becaue one character "whose been wrong many times" said that notthing could kill him, here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3634387

>And if the MG's counter each other powers by reacting on them with their own power that isn't a resistance either.

You don't ******* outrun reality-warping and mind control unless they can blitz each other which another level of headcanon you are trying to imply here:

'The different Magic Gods are fighting over the limited resources to decide what to do with the one and only world. Whether we peacefully talk it out or exchange blows, our actions could unintentionally shake destiny to the point that the outside world is destroyed. '

High Priest acknowledges AND addresses the idea of them fighting each other at full power and still concludes that nothing will come out of it which will give any person the idea that they can fight each other to a stand still. He doesn't tell they would kill each other he just says the world would be destroyed

@don't talk

if it's a passive application of their power that allows them to resist those changes then it's the same

We should put it to a vote at this point.

So it'd be: 5 votes in favor (Omai, Me, Zensum of course, Destiny, Schnee )

Opposed: 1 (DT)

I'm not sure if Malox is for everything or just passive and I wanna make sure Zero is onboard as well.

Well the probability 0art is given that they should have it, 1 it's literally 0art of being a mg 2 we have proof with ollerus

MG's should be able to atleast resist other MG abilities, otherwise one could just warp the others out of existence if they turned their backs or let their guard down which doesn't really fit the narrative the story sets (MG's would just endlessly fight eachother with no winner)

so i'm fine with this.

Favor: 7

Neutral: 1 (Matt leaning towards DT)

Against: 1 (DT)

Okay, I think the MG revision should be handled first before we decide what to do with these resists in case anyone else brings up anymore debates and arguments against it.

Lets bump this 0v0

Whatever happens with the magic gods AP own't effect this thread, we have 9 people who agress with adding the resistances, can we get this over with please?

You need to write a list of the exact page titles for my script to handle it.

It's all characters under "True Magic Gods" category. Anyways I already asked Pegasus to open the profiles.

Can someone add a list of the resistances we are gonna add again?

MG all abilities: Death Manipulation, Time Manipulation,Reality Warping ,Spatial Manipulation, BFR(Teleport), Energy Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Element Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, Fear Aura, Physics Manipulation, Mathematics Manipulation, Void Manipulation, Durability Negation, Causality Manipulation, law Manipulation, Magic.

I mean, how long do you plan on dragging this out though? everyone who cares about this topic has responded.

Yeah, which staff approval wise comes down to me disagreeing, Schnee One agreeing FRA and Matthew being neutral but leaning towards my position.

And from the staff I'm the only one to actually participate in the debate. So as it stands this looks more rejected to me than accepted.

I wouldn't discount every non staff users opinion here though, doubly so considering they do most of the work related to the verse.

Even worse yet you disregarded their arguments and my own without even bothering to address them.

lets avoid the appeal to authority here and give everyones opinions equal value.

Oh right you are still alive.

Everyone who cares and knowledge about Toaru has response and accepted the changes. You seriously gonna disapprove the the credibility of 10+ users because you are staff? What a load of crap tbh.

So, shoould we bring green guy here and just let him says "I agree FRA"?

I trust DontTalk's sense of judgement. Have all of the magic gods profiles been relocked?

It's one staff for the change, one staff neutral, and one staff against.

How is that considered "rejected" in any shape or form?

And like what Malox said, "passive counters" are pretty much a synonym for resistance.

DontTalkDT said:
Yeah, which staff approval wise comes down to me disagreeing, Schnee One agreeing FRA and Matthew being neutral but leaning towards my position.
And from the staff I'm the only one to actually participate in the debate. So as it stands this looks more rejected to me than accepted.
By ur own words they counter each other abilities but those are passive, wouldn't they have the same effect as resistance? Not that it would change anything if u added " able to counter similar abilities with their own "

Well, Schnee One technically wasn't promoted to evaluate discussion threads, whereas DontTalk is a consultant due to how reliable he is when it comes to logical evaluation.

Back