• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Troubles with Eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the roots of our problem go back to the very description of Eternity - "Encompasses the Far Shore, which was described as a void of nonexistence beyond all levels of space, time, life and death on a multiversal scale", but this is completely wrong.
As Eternity said, Galactus, who was on the Far Shore or in the Great Nothing, was now beyond his influence (Ultimates vol 3 #5). And it wasn't just once. In a recent comic, Eternity sent the Defenders into the void himself, pointing out that void is not just beyond himself, but above. (Defenders: Beyond #1)

Last edited:
Okay, so at least based on what's in the post, I agree that describing Eternity as beyond the far shore seems to be an error. However, OP, are you arguing that Eternity's rating should be changed or do you just want his description changed?

Not really... IIRC, Eternity was chained at that time, which limited his size.
Do you have a scan? Ik that he was chained, and that he later got stronger, but not that he got larger.
Please explain.
The void outside Eternity is not the Far Shore but instead Oblivion's realm, also known as the Outside. These are completely different places. Far Shore exists at the edge of Eternity, and the Outside exists beyond that.

Ahh, I see it now. I should've been more thorough. His initial scan doesnt actually mention the Far Shore. I shouldn't have assumed that it was an accurate description, but he also shouldn't have described it that way without justification.

So I agree with the others that as of yet, this is unjustified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back