• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Triforce Fate Manipulation?

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So this been brought up in other threads before by TriforcePower and Cal but never really got much attention because it wasn't the focus of said threads (The recent 4-B upgrade for example).

ÞºªÒéîÒüƒÒéïÞÇàÒü« ÒüäÒüïÒü¬Òéïµ£øÒü┐ÒéÆÒééÒüïÒü¬ÒüêÒéïÒâ╗Òâ╗Òâ╗
The one who touches it will have his any wish granted…

ÒüØÒüåþö│ÒüùÒüƒÒü¬ÒÇüÒé¼ÒâÄÒâ│ÒâëÒâ¡Òâò´╝ü
Isn't that what you said, Ganondorf!

Òâê Òâ®ÒéñÒâòÒé®Òâ╝Òé╣Òü«þÑ×ÒÇàÒéê µêæÒü»µ£øÒéÇ´╝ü
Gods of the Triforce, this is my wish!

µ£¬µØÑÒéÆ´╝ü ÒüôÒü«Õ¡ÉÒéëÒü½ÒÇüÕ©îµ£øÒüéÒéï µ£¬µØÑÒéÆÒüéÒüƒÒüêÒéê´╝ü
A future! Give these children a future full of hope!

ÚüÄÕÄ╗Òü«Õ£░ÒâÅÒéñÒâ®Òâ½ÒéƵÂêÒüùÕÄ╗Òéè ÒüôÒü«Õ¡ÉÒéëÒü«µ£¬µØÑÒü½ÕàëµÿÄÒéÆ´╝ü´╝ü
Erase Hyrule, the land of the past. Give these children a bright future!!

ÒüôÒéîÒüºÒÇüµêæÒéëÒü«Õøáþ©üÒééþÁéÒéÅÒéìÒüåÒâ╗Òâ╗Òâ╗ Òé¼ÒâÄÒâ│ÒâëÒâ¡ÒâòÒéêÒÇüÒâÅÒéñÒâ®Òâ½Òü¿Õà▒Òü½ µ▓êÒéÇÒüîÒéêÒüä´╝ü´╝ü´╝ü
Now, let our destiny come to an end… Ganondorf, sink with Hyrule!!!

Translations taken from here.

The events surrounding this are as follow:

• Ganon beats the hell out of Link

• The King makes his wish (See above)
    • Hyrule starts flooding again and never resurfaces
    • Link defeats Ganon who turns to stone and "Sinks with Hyrule"
    • Link and Zelda/Tetra are forced back to the surface
    • Link and Tetra eventually discover a new continent and establish New Hyrule, which is their "bright future"
So thoughts on this? I'm neutral about it but since it's been brought up twice I thought may as well try and get an definitive verdict on whether or not this is legit. Who knows, would be a pretty considerable upgrade if accepted.

I'm just going to copy what I wrote on the other thread: "It sounds, to me anyway, that his wish is for the destruction of Hyrule, Himself, and Ganondorf.

The 'future! Give these children a future full of hope!' sounds like flowery language of what would happen when 'the land of the past', Hyrule, is 'erased'.

Not that it literally alters there futures. "

TriforcePower1 said:
Except that everything he said happened.
You mean Link defeating Ganondorf. Like he does in every other game?

Link and Zelda moving away from Hyrule to found New Hyrule could just as easily be them taking the King's final wish to heart, not that the Tri-Force literally controlled their Fate.

Ganon stomped Link 3 seconds before. Normally, Link shouldn't have been capable to defeat him, but he did.

A very strange coincidence, don't you think?

TriforcePower1 said:
Ganon stomped Link 3 seconds before. Normally, Link shouldn't have been capable to defeat him, but he did.
A very strange coincidence, don't you think?
Not really.

Link's greatest asset in battle has always been his adaptability. Not to mention Zelda weakening Ganon with Light Arrows makes the fight make sense.

Ganon blitzed and stomped Link by punching him. And he wasn't even completely serious, as he didn't want to kill Link. A fully serious and equipped Ganon would have stomped Link even harder.

Also, it's highlighted the fact that Ganon tried to go against the wish, and he died.

TriforcePower1 said:
Ganon blitzed and stomped Link by punching him. And he wasn't even completely serious, as he didn't want to kill Link. A fully serious and equipped Ganon would have stomped Link even harder.
Also, it's highlighted the fact that Ganon tried to go against the wish, and he died.
In the span of that cutscene, both Ganondorf and Link lose their respective Tri-Force pieces and Ganon is then further weakened with a barrage of Light Arrows in the fight, which are powerful enough to injure Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power.

And even then, Link struggles in that fight.

Link winning that fight is not this impossible feat that you are suggesting. You're leaving out important context.

That would warrant a pretty big downgrade, you know that, right?

Also there's the whole "a future for you is foolishness, let me show your future" thing. The existence of these statements is just to showcase Ganon's madness after losing the TF, and his own foolishness into believing to go against the wish.

Okay. So would it be safer to wait for more evidence in this case?

I've searched around, I've found some things, and even if I doubt any of this is Fate manipulation, better safe that sorry:

Destroyed Demise in SS

Resurrected Link's uncle and the King

Made the bully and the ball-kid to become friends

Heals the illness of the bug-catching kid

Death mountain's lost old man finds a way to go home

Was used by the king of Hyrule to keep peace at Hyrule (AoL)

Broke Zelda's sleeping spell (Kiss are overrated)

Guides intelligent life

I most likely missed something (I haven't written things that are obviously RW or that are wildly known).

Back