• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Triforce Fate Manipulation

Literally looking into the future dude
Do you even want me to tell you why being a fortune teller doesn't mean you have Precognition? I could call myself a fortune teller but I wouldn't have Precognition just cause its my occupation.

Do you even want me to tell you why being a fortune teller doesn't mean you have Precognition? I could call myself a fortune teller but I wouldn't have Precognition just cause its my occupation.
Difference is he actually looked into the future. Did you play wind waker? He is the fish who's actually knowledgeable on the triforce and tells you where the Triforce shards are, and accurately predicted that Link was gonna fight there and everything

Difference is he actually looked into the future. Did you play wind waker? He is the fish who's actually knowledgeable on the triforce and tells you where the Triforce shards are, and accurately predicted that Link was gonna fight there and everything
I don't see anything there is remotely precog, let alone fate manipulation. Accurately predicting thing is either high intelligent or Analytical Prediction. Also if you want someone to acknowledge you argument, please post scan, not tell people that: Did you play this, play that

I don't see anything there is remotely precog, let alone fate manipulation. Accurately predicting thing is either high intelligent or Analytical Prediction. Also if you want someone to acknowledge you argument, please post scan, not tell people that: Did you play this, play that
It says it controls fate though

It says it controls fate though
"The key that control that fate are none other than the lucky item....."
I suppose this is a joke line more than anything, so where is the feat, you literally nitpicking a single word "control that fate"

I suppose this is a joke line more than anything, so where is the feat, you literally nitpicking a single word "control that fate"
Why is it a joke line? Why is it nitpicking? What am I supposed to do, look at the context instead? The context is just Link being destined to fight Ganon, and the thing that altered fate to where that happened is the Triforce, all stated in the scan

Why is it a joke line? Why is it nitpicking? What am I supposed to do, look at the context instead? The context is just Link being destined to fight Ganon, and the thing that altered fate to where that happened is the Triforce, all stated in the scan
Feat?????. Where is it, scan say nothing aside from a lucky item that control that fate, the rest is irrelevant and what you made up yourself

Feat?????. Where is it, scan say nothing aside from a lucky item that control that fate, the rest is irrelevant and what you made up yourself
"It looks like you're fated to come to this place many times and the thing that controls this fate is the triforce"

You have to be trolling

"It looks like you're fated to come to this place many times and the thing that controls this fate is the triforce"

You have to be trolling
i saw nothing on those scan you post, and the line you posted also prove nothing about fate manipulation

Controlling fate dude
Five scans on imgur you posted in OP only have a single line:

this line: "It looks like you're fated to come to this place many times and the thing that controls this fate is the triforce" is not in those scan you posted, thus i don't know the validity of it

You just post just some line about fate, but you failed to post a feat which supporting this. Fate can be flowery with context, same with destiny.You can interpreting them as literal fate controlling, but i also can interpreting it other way. And when dialogue can be interpreted in too many ways, it is invalid, unless there is supporting evidences or feats

As others have said, this isn't fate hax or precognition of any sort.

Also if the context makes a difference, I would recommend you writing a much longer post with relevant scans. Because this by itself doesn't really do anything.

As others have said, this isn't fate hax or precognition of any sort.

Also if the context makes a difference, I would recommend you writing a much longer post with relevant scans. Because this by itself doesn't really do anything.
The context is there, the triforce controls fate to where they're fated to meet there

this line: "It looks like you're fated to come to this place many times and the thing that controls this fate is the triforce" is not in those scan you posted, thus i don't know the validity of it
"It looks like you're fated to come to this place many times. And the keys that control that fate are none other than the lucky items known as the Triumph Forks!"

All in this scan

You just post just some line about fate, but you failed to post a feat which supporting this. Fate can be flowery with context, same with destiny.You can interpreting them as literal fate controlling, but i also can interpreting it other way. And when dialogue can be interpreted in too many ways, it is invalid, unless there is supporting evidences or feats

Prove that it is flowery, prove that your other interpretation is more valid

"It looks like you're fated to come to this place many times. And the keys that control that fate are none other than the lucky items known as the Triumph Forks!"

All in this scan

Prove that it is flowery, prove that your other interpretation is more valid
1. Again, you still too focusing the word fate to give fate manipulation, no supporting feat at all.
2. Now like i said before, context and feat are important, the line: "It looks like you're fated to come to this place many times" is very common trope in fiction, he destined to do this, fated to kill that, etc.......to save this or save that, doesn't mean manipulating fate at all, just flowery talking about how important the main character is. Next the line: "And the keys that control that fate are none other than the lucky items known as the Triumph Forks", can well be just a normal item in player journey, the fortune teller hyped it up as something control fate, which all fortune tellers (even in the real world) love to do, exaggerated their stuff to the heaven. Now the most important question is, THE FEAT, is there any fate manipulating feat, at all????

1. Again, you still too focusing the word fate to give fate manipulation, no supporting feat at all.
2. Now like i said before, context and feat are important, the line: "It looks like you're fated to come to this place many times" is very common trope in fiction, he destined to do this, fated to kill that, etc.......to save this or save that, doesn't mean manipulating fate at all, just flowery talking about how important the main character is. Next the line: "And the keys that control that fate are none other than the lucky items known as the Triumph Forks", can well be just a normal item in player journey, the fortune teller hyped it up as something control fate, which all fortune tellers (even in the real world) love to do, exaggerated their stuff to the heaven. Now the most important question is, THE FEAT, is there any fate manipulating feat, at all????
The statement is enough

Now like i said before, context and feat are important, the line: "It looks like you're fated to come to this place many times" is very common trope in fiction, he destined to do this, fated to kill that, etc.......to save this or save that, doesn't mean manipulating fate at all, just flowery talking about how important the main character is.

Strawman argument. I never said that grants fate manipulation

Next the line: "And the keys that control that fate are none other than the lucky items known as the Triumph Forks", can well be just a normal item in player journey, the fortune teller hyped it up as something control fate, which all fortune tellers (even in the real world) love to do, exaggerated their stuff to the heaven.

You have to prove its an exaggeration

Now the most important question is, THE FEAT, is there any fate manipulating feat, at all????

Statements are enough dude, not everything needs a feat. How are they supposed to show fate manipulation without a statement? I suggest you don't comment on things you don't know much about

The statement is enough

Strawman argument. I never said that grants fate manipulation

You have to prove its an exaggeration

Statements are enough dude, not everything needs a feat. How are they supposed to show fate manipulation without a statement? I suggest you don't comment on things you don't know much about
1. What, yes but no, while statement is can be enough, you still multiple statement to prove fate here is not something flowery, figurative or metaphor
2. It is a supporting argument on my side
3. Already prove it, and you failed to prove that it is actually control fate, 1 line is not enough
4. What, yes but at the same time no, fate manipulation or all other ability require more than just one or two line of word if you have no feat.

Bonus: Tell me don't comment on the thing i don't know about is kinda, well......bad counter argument, i suggest you need to have better one

1. What, yes but no, while statement is can be enough, you still multiple statement to prove fate here is not something flowery, figurative or metaphor
2. It is a supporting argument on my side
3. Already prove it, and you failed to prove that it is actually control fate, 1 line is not enough
4. What, yes but at the same time no, fate manipulation or all other ability require more than just one or two line of word if you have no feat.

Bonus: Tell me don't comment on the thing i don't know about is kinda, well......bad counter argument, i suggest you need to have better one
Why is 1 line not enough, and you need proof that its flowery or metaphor since you made the claim

Because the one line comes from a fortune teller, a role that almost always hypes shit up even IRL, and it's the usual story going "MaIn ChArAcTeR iMpOrTaNt" flowery language. There is no feat of fate manipulation here, simple as that.

Because the one line comes from a fortune teller, a role that almost always hypes shit up even IRL, and it's the usual story going "MaIn ChArAcTeR iMpOrTaNt" flowery language. There is no feat of fate manipulation here, simple as that.
a role that almost always hypes shit up even IRL

Prove it applies here. Zelda fans know about this fish and why he's actually knowledgeable, that's why I expected them to comment lol

Prove it applies here. Zelda fans know about this fish and why he's actually knowledgeable, that's why I expected them to comment lol
Houston, you have to prove that it isn't the same dead and done flowery language I alone have seen in hundreds of stories. This ain't a case of "Well he could be right" this is a case of practically all evidence pointing to flowery language and hype for an ability as esoteric as Fate Manipulation. Ya need more then a single statement from a Fortune Teller that is the trope of "character is fated to do this", "main character is fated to kill him". Especially from a fortune teller, an occupation that lives and breathes hyping fate up.

Houston, you have to prove that it isn't the same dead and done flowery language I alone have seen in hundreds of stories. This ain't a case of "Well he could be right" this is a case of practically all evidence pointing to flowery language and hype for an ability as esoteric as Fate Manipulation. Ya need more then a single statement from a Fortune Teller that is the trope of "character is fated to do this", "main character is fated to kill him". Especially from a fortune teller, an occupation that lives and breathes hyping fate up.
Its not about "fated to do this", its controlling fate, so thats another massive strawman. You also made the positive claim that its hyperbole

Back