• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Trevor Henderson verse deletion or fixing

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some things on his Insta and a few other spots, but the majority of what we have right now has been deleted. The only thing we could really do is remake the verse from the ground-up with what he currently has.

If we're not just deleting it, of course.

Just looking at a couple of the pages, the justifications for their ratings seem sus.
The verse probably needed an overhaul anyways.

As much as I want to keep this verse around, I'm mixed on this and don't have that much faith in it. You can still get scans for the verse via the Wayback Machine, but not all of them are on there. The Tumbr stuff was crucial for the verse since it gave way more info on it then his Instagram and with his Tumblr being deleted, the powerscaling for the verse as a whole has been gutted. I'm with Axx on this one, where the only way to fix the problem is to delete it and rebuild it. It is either that or just delete it permanently.

Last edited:
damn, yeah if certain sources are just lost forever the whole verse needs lots of revision, maybe make a note on the profiles of the abilities and tiers that cant be used anymore because the proof is lost

Having asked around, a user over Discord pointed me to the Siren Head page on Omniversal Battlefield wiki having some scans for Siren Head, I'm unsure if this is the same for the other pages there (granted that nobody can foresee these things being deleted always), but some do exist. If this helps.

Having asked around, a user over Discord pointed me to the Siren Head page on Omniversal Battlefield wiki having some scans for Siren Head, I'm unsure if this is the same for the other pages there (granted that nobody can foresee these things being deleted always), but some do exist. If this helps.
That can be of use, albeit you're gonna have to do some digging around the bullshit like every single monster being non-corporeal but it can still be useful.

However, I'm worried for the verse as a whole. Characters that aren't Siren Head, Long Horse, and Cartoon Cat. Lesser entities like The Lamb, Fencer, and Rowdy seem to be screwed here since unlike the more popular monsters like Siren Head their information are not on the Wayback Machine. Along with that, I feel like if we go with Axx's idea where we rebuild the verse with what we have (I.E. Trevor's Instagram), there is only gonna be like three or five profiles on characters that hardly have anything to them, if you ask me a lackluster verse isn't much better then no verse at all.

Last edited:
If I understand correctly there is enough info to keep Siren Head page, therefore we can keep the verse even if only with one profile.

I mean. I get this isn't the only instance where a verse page only has one character indexed on it, but I don't think that would be necessary. But if we do end up keeping it, that would be fine.

I'm ok with just rebuilding Siren Head (the only dude that would have enough to index), it would be an alright compromise between either rebuilding the verse entirely with what we have and just nuking it.

I mean. I get this isn't the only instance where a verse page only has one character indexed on it, but I don't think that would be necessary. But if we do end up keeping it, that would be fine.

I'm ok with just rebuilding Siren Head (the only dude that would have enough to index), it would be an alright compromise between either rebuilding the verse entirely with what we have and just nuking it.
For the moment trying to save Siren Head seems the better option.

Thank you, but let's wait a bit for JustANormalLemon first.

In this CRT most of the important links where brought back thanks to the way back machine, the ones that couldn't be founded there we can still find a limited amount of info trough this post that compiles a lot of the twitter posts. some of the lost info in the verse can be substitute with non lost info or are at this point in serch of other ways toconfirm this verse lost midia

in the end most of trevor principal monster are saved thanks to the wayback machine restouring their content, trough some like the fencer don't have any info recovered from the tumbler

in other words, this verse needs a edit and not a delete sinse almost all lost info can be found and brought back in a way or another

In this CRT most of the important links where brought back thanks to the way back machine, the ones that couldn't be founded there we can still find a limited amount of info trough this post that compiles a lot of the twitter posts. some of the lost info in the verse can be substitute with non lost info or are at this point in serch of other ways toconfirm this verse lost midia
Won't lie, I think Wayback Machine links shouldn't be used as scans since you're using deleted content
Unless you find another source from Trevor with the same scans I think it should be axed

Won't lie, I think Wayback Machine links shouldn't be used as scans since you're using deleted content
Unless you find another source from Trevor with the same scans I think it should be axed
It's used for most of the legendaries okemons sinse the lugia AP calculation is in a way back machine and most legendaries scale from It

It's used for most of the legendaries okemons sinse the lugia AP calculation is in a way back machine and most legendaries scale from It
Calculation is not the same, but even then it’s bad
Someone should redo the calc in a blog

Just because something is "no longer avaliable" doesn't mean it's retconned, to say the least, so I wouldn't dismiss content that's only in backup sites out of that.

We've done some work and we have many scans which we retrieved from before the info wipe.
I feel like they should be used until they're cintradicted

No
If the scan now only exists through your back up then it’s basically like using deleted scenes from movies

Oh yes, time to ignore lore from shut down websites out of being retconned with no basis beyond availability.
Yeah no, that's against current standards, we'd need something else to claim they aren't usable anymore, as said before.

yeah just because something got shut down doesn't mean that the statements went anywhere. Unless trevor comes out and says he is retconning previous lore we shouldn't just ban the usage of those statements

I agree with Ant on this, if Trevor himself is the one who deleted them but I guess the reasoning behind it is an important factor to consider.

Is there a difference for the Wiki's standard between retcons vs outright deletion? Trevor's verse is sounding like its entering Lost Media territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back