• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

Okay, Bumblebee did manage to harm Skywarp once during Infiltration #4, so I guess he can just be Low 2-C.

Bludgeon was able to take out Laserbeak and Ravage, who should be 2-C due to helping Soundwave stalemate Shockwave. Although that could downscale to 'At least Low 2-C, likely far higher' / 'Likely 2-C' So him one-shotting Barricade wouldn't be a big strike against him.

If Tarn, Overlord and Magnus scale above Whirl, that would make a lot of people 2-C since Whirl Ôëê Autobot Megatron.

Not too sure on Windblade, I'll take a look for her scaling.

@CalebTB12 Whirl was able to fight on par with Autobot Megatron, and Cyclonus scales to Whirl.

Okay, Bludgeon seems to be a solid 2-C as he destroyed Laserbeak and Ravage, and he did fight Optimus during Syndromica (2). So Barricade being 'At least Low 2-C, likely far higher' / 'Likely 2-C' still seems fine to me, even if Bludgeon one-shot him.

As for the Tarn, Magnus and Overlord > Whirl situation, that would make all these people upscale to 2-C.

- Grimlock

- Slag

- Razorclaw

- Sixshot

- Black Shadow

- Rampage

- Megatron (Stealth Bomber)

- Arcee

- Galvatron

- Nova Prime

It would also up Stinger and Impactor to 'At least Low 2-C' and Jazz to 'At least Low 2-C, likely far higher' / 'Likely 2-C.'

EightAte8 said:
Also, Overlord, Tarn and Ultra Magnus should scale higher - all three are stronger than Whirl and Cyclonus, the former two strong enough to take on the entire crew of the Lost Light including them on their own, while the threat of the latter is enough to deter them from causing trouble.
Even though they should scale higher, that doesn't necessarily mean they can, unless you have canonical proof that this is true. Tarn needed help from the rest of the D.J.D to fight the Lost Light, and Overlord got pounded by Fort Max, and practically KO'd by Chromedome. Overlord and Tarn are both powerful characters, but whenever they fought guys like Megs or Grimlock, they got stomped, so I think they should stay where LordTracer had them.

Here's a list of IDW characters that should get profiles:

- Bumblebee (Low 2-C; Harmed Skywarp)

- Barricade (Likely 2-C; Defeated Slag in a single blow)

- The other Dinobots (At least Low 2-C, likely far higher; Harmed Shockwave)

- Windblade (At least Low 2-C, likely far higher; It was stated that she could kill Starscream, both by herself and Starscream, although he easily overpowered her twice)

- Vos (At least Low 2-C, likely far higher; One-shot Cyclonus)

- Bludgeo (Likely 2-C; Easily destroyed Ravage and Laserbeak, fought Optimus Prime)

- Scorponok (At least Low 2-C, likely far higher; Fought and injured Grimlock several times)

Do you think it's okay for Vos (and therefore Tarn and those that scale to him) to be 2-C?

Starbrand Fan said:
Actually, they used to have profiles before (Some of them anyway.) why were they removed?
I doubt I was here when they had pages, but I'm sure it was poor quality/inaccurate reasoning.

LordTracer said:
Do you think it's okay for Vos (and therefore Tarn and those that scale to him) to be 2-C?

- Scorponok (???)
I don't see why not, even though I still fell like they're not on the same level as Prime, Megs, and Shockwave.

Skorponok fought and injured Grimlock multiple times.

Meh, Grimlock's Low 2-C came from harming the 2-C Shockwave anyways. Also when Tarn's profile says he's slightly weaker than Megatron, does that mean Decepticon or Autobot Megatron?

LordTracer said:
Meh, Grimlock's Low 2-C came from harming the 2-C Shockwave anyways. Also when Tarn's profile says he's slightly weaker than Megatron, does that mean Decepticon or Autobot Megatron?
Decepticon. Tarn himself stated that Megatron "unchecked" could beat anyone, including him, but Tarn stomped Autobot Megs (Presumably because he wasn't "unchecked"). And yeah, upgrading a few more to 2-C couldn't hurt, especially since it would mean my Grimlock vs. Optimus fight would still be valid lol.

That makes sense, Megatron did say himself that he was weaker as an Autobot. I'll remake the Low 2-C - 2-C scale tomorrow.

Okay, I'm gonna put all of this in a sandbox because that'll probably be easier. It'll take longer though.

Updated list of the new profiles we should make. If you guys have anything to add or change from their justifications, that would be appreciated.

- Bumblebee: Low 2-C (Damaged the wing of Skywarp)

- Windblade: At least Low 2-C, likely higher (Threatened to kill Starscream, and he implied she could do so)

- Bludgeo: Likely 2-C (Easily defeated both Ravage and Laserbeak. Fought Optimus Prime)

- Vos: At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C (One-shot Cyclonus)

- Kao: At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C (Should be comparable to Vos)

- Helex: At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C (Should be comparable to Vos)

- Tesarus: At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C (Should be comparable to Vos)

- Scorponok: Likely 2-C (Fought and injured Grimlock several times)

- Swoop: At least Low 2-C, likely higher (Damaged Shockwave with the help of the other Dinobots)

- Snarl: At least Low 2-C, likely higher (Damaged Shockwave with the help of the other Dinobots)

- Sludge: At least Low 2-C, likely higher (Damaged Shockwave with the help of the other Dinobots)

- Barricade: Likely 2-C (Physically comparable to Slag, and one-shot him with his taser)

- Hot Rod: ???

LordTracer said:
Updated list of the new profiles we should make. If you guys have anything to add or change from their justifications, that would be appreciated.
- Bumblebee: Low 2-C (Damaged the wing of Skywarp)

- Windblade: At least Low 2-C, likely far higher (Threatened to kill Starscream, and he implied she could do so)

- Bludgeo: Likely 2-C (Easily defeated both Ravage and Laserbeak. Fought Optimus Prime)

- Vos: At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C (One-shot Cyclonus)

- Kao: At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C (Comparable to Vos)

- Helex: At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C (Comparable to Vos)

- Tesarus: At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C (Comparable to Vos)

- Scorponok: At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C (Fought and injured Grimlock several times)

- Swoop: At least Low 2-C, likely far higher (Damaged Shockwave with the help of the other Dinobots)

- Snarl: At least Low 2-C, likely far higher (Damaged Shockwave with the help of the other Dinobots)

- Sludge: At least Low 2-C, likely far higher (Damaged Shockwave with the help of the other Dinobots)

- Barricade: At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C (Physically comparable to Slag, and one-shot him with his taser)

- Hot Rod: ???
Rodimus should be weaker than Overlord, but also somewhat comparable to Strika's level because, like her, he survived a sucker punch from Ironhide, though he also took it worse than she did.

That's just dura though. He'd need to, at the absolute least, harm someone that can harm him for it to scale to AP.

Didn't Victory Saber survive an explosion of an entire planet? I think he should be much higher than Building level of that's the case.

Genericstickman said:
In Zone yes he did
Yeah, it's in the first (and only) episode "Enter the new Supreme Commander, Dai Atlas!" TFwiki.net even explains it, you can see it in the image on the right:
3E256CCE-8547-49FA-BA68-93F58C8E6288
But I can try to find the clip if you need more validation.

I found the clip, and I'm in the process of talking to someone who can calc it. I'll let you all know when I hear back.

Does anyone else appreciate how brutal IDW is? I think it really shows how they're actually in a war better than any other series.

Yeah, I would have to agree with that assessment. It's by far the best written TF storyline in my opinion, though I wish the ending was handled better.

LordTracer said:
Does anyone else appreciate how brutal IDW is? I think it really shows how they're actually in a war better than any other series.
Oh totally, yeah. One that always stuck with me is how Roadbuster feeds a guy his own spine.

CalebTB12 said:
Yeah, I would have to agree with that assessment. It's by far the best written TF storyline in my opinion, though I wish the ending was handled better.
I'd argue that Animated is pretty much just as good, too.

I think the kills that are really memorable to me are:

- Tarn killing Kaon

- Optimus killing Galvatron

- Arcee killing Jhiaxus over and over again

- Tarantulas killing Roadbuster

@Caleb I agree completely. The only series that even comes close to IDW is Prime IMO.

EightAte8 said:
Oh God, don't get me started on Prime. I have so many issues with that show.
I have issues with it, but it's still a good, well-written show most of the time.

My issues with Prime come in at the end and its... horrendous sequel. But for the most part, I love it. Especially with their portrayal of Soundwave, TFP Soundwave is the best IMO. TFP Arcee is also really cool.

LordTracer said:
My issues with Prime come in at the end and its... horrendous sequel. But for the most part, I love it. Especially with their portrayal of Soundwave, TFP Soundwave is the best IMO. TFP Arcee is also really cool.
My overall issue with Prime is that its writting at times comes off as "ooh, look how clever and edgy we are" without actually having the quality to make that work. Cliffjumper's death would be a prime (ha) example of that, but the episodes "Sick Mind" and "Out of His Head" would be one of the piggest points of annoyance for me. Also that show has what's easily one of the worst Megatron/Starscream dynamics, next to the Bay movies.

Prime Soundwave and Arcee are both pretty good, though my personal favourites would be either their IDW or Cyberverse incarnations.

I kinda like the TFP Megatron/Starscream dynamic. Starscream went through his whole treachery thing and eventually became truly loyal.

IDW Arcee is my favorite Arcee, TFP Arcee is a very close second. But with Soundwave, I like him being creepy and silent. And the screen instead of a face is nice.

Well he didn't really become loyal, so much as Megatron just beat him into submission, which I find both unsatisfying and a bit distasteful. The only series that I think did that sorta dynamic well was Armada. I do like the idea of Megatron convincing Starscream to put his own ambitions to the side for the sake of the Decepticon cause, though, like in All Hail Megatron.

Ooh, I almost forgot about Armada Starscream. That's the best Starscream IMO.

Back