• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

EightAte8 said:
Frankly, I'd not only say no, but also that I think it's wrong to have Beast Wars Megatron as part of Megatron's tabs to begin with. He's not a different incarnation of Megatron from another universe, he just named himself after Megatron for the sake of grandstanding.
Yeah, I'd have to agree. I'm gonna fix it.

Also I don't think a calc is necessary for the star explosion, it seems like a pretty clear cut baseline 4-A explosion.

LordTracer said:
I thought BW Megatron was G1 Megatron's descendant?
Maybe? I kinda think it makes more sense to split them up, especially since they'll have their own Tab2 eventually.

LordTracer said:
Also I don't think a calc is necessary for the star explosion, it seems like a pretty clear cut baseline 4-A explosion.
So who all do you think should get 3H pages?

The Beast Wars Predacons are said to be the descendants of the G1 Decepticons, but the only relation made between the two Megatrons is what I'd already mentioned - adopting the name of a legend because Beast Wars Megatron is a grandiose diva.

CalebTB12 said:
So who all do you think should get 3H pages?
Cataclysm for one, since the feat comes from him. Antagony as well, as TM1 Megs and Primal scale to her. Shokaract doesn't need one, but I think it would be cool if he did have one. As for BW characters that should get 3H profiles, I think just Optimus Primal and Megatron would be fine.

Would anybody be willing to make G1 profiles for the likes of Omega Supreme, Scorponok or the gestalts?

Would they necessarily scale to Megs and Prime, at least in the case of Omega and the Gestalts though? I'm all for adding more G1 profiles, but they may need new feats.

I would imagine they would, wasn't Omega the strongest Autobot before the 1986 movie?

LordTracer said:
I would imagine they would, wasn't Omega the strongest Autobot before the 1986 movie?
I think you're right, I just wanted to make sure. I'll get started on them in a minute.

Found some Japanese stuff, in Victory, Victory Saber destroyed this.

Here's my takeaway from all of these: • Each of the Dinobots are about on par with Megatron and Optimus, individually, and overpower them in a group.

• Devastator is superior to the likes of Optimus, Megatron and the Dinobots, individually, but can be overwhelmed by multiple opponents of that calibre attacking as a group.

• Omega Supreme is stronger than Devastator.

• Bruticus is stronger than Devastator and Superion.

• Menasor is stronger than Superion, overwhelmed by Superion and Omega Supreme attacking together, and one-shots Bruticus with a surprise attack.

I'm open to hear if someone disagrees, of course.

Would we be making profiles for the individual components of the combiners? The likes of Motormaster and Onslaught would scale to Optimus, for example.

EightAte8 said:
Would we be making profiles for the individual components of the combiners? The likes of Motormaster and Onslaught would scale to Optimus, for example.
Perhaps a key for all the combiners? For example:

Key: Bruticus|Onslaught|Blast Off|Swindle|Vortex|Brawl

I feel like that would make the profile really cluttered, but that's just me. And I don't think there's ever been a profile that works like that.

Just a thought, but yeah, it'd probably be rather cluttered. I'll consider doing pages like Silverbolt and Motormaster eventually, but for now I've already got quite a few to work on:

• Grimlock
  • Magnus
  • Cyclonus
  • Devy
  • Omega Supreme
  • Menasor
  • Superion
  • Bruticus

Some Unicron Trilogy pages would be epic too. Optimus and Megatron for sure, and maybe my boi Starscream, Smokescreen, Hotshot, and Jetfire too.

Yeah, except for it has a much better animation studios working on it (It already looks better than the entire Prime Wars Trilogy in just a two-minute trailer), and it's actually going to run on something people use instead of being a crappy web-series. I'm not going to get overly excited for it, but I'll certainly be happy to actually have a more mature-themed Transformers show on my screen again.

Starbrand Fan said:
I honestly it looks fantastic. Especially since Elita is finally going to have a major role in a cartoon again. She hasn't had one since Animated.
Yeah, I'm excited for that as well. Another thing I'm extremely pleased about is that people who haven't ever heard of/seen Transformers before will finally get some (hopefully) positive exposure to the franchise.

Not really sure; I've never seen the show. I just know a bit about here and there.

If I had to take a guess I'd say:

Megs >> Optimus Primal = Dinobot > Rhinox = Blackarachnia >>> Cheetor >>> Rattrap >>> Waspinator

Or something like that.

Curious about this myself, I've just been rewatching Season 1 (it's pretty easy to find the episodes on Dailymotion). I'd rank the initial cast members (none of the protoform characters like Tigatron or Blakcarachnia, yet) like this: Optimus = Rhinox > Dinobot = Megatron > Scorponok = Tarantulas = Terrorsaur > Cheetor = Rattrap = Waspinator

So I just finished watching Beast Wars, boy their exist a ton of explosions that could be calced, also Tigerhawk should be the strongest character in the series since not only could he beat Transmetal 2 Megatron in a fight but also content with the Nemesis for a short while

Genericstickman said:
So I just finished watching Beast Wars, boy their exist a ton of explosions that could be calced, also Tigerhawk should be the strongest character in the series since not only could he beat Transmetal 2 Megatron in a fight but also content with the Nemesis for a short while
Bumping because I still need those explosions.

The best one is probably from Go with the Flow where the Predacons survive an explosion strong enough to cause an earthquake

theirs also a island destroying feat in The Trigger Part 2 but I'm pretty sure it's a city level feat that nobody scales to

Genericstickman said:
has anyone calced Primal lifting the maximal base in the episode Victory?
He didn't really lift it, though. He was just slowing its descent as it crash landed, and I think his jets were adding most of the pushing force there.

Found this video of all of Shockwave's appearances in the original cartoon. I've taken note of feats and abilties from him, obviously, but also some other characters.

Shockwave
• Stronger than Bumblebee - has knocked him down both by blasting him and just standing still and having Bee run into him
• Knocked down Brawn in one shot, though he got back up pretty quickly
• Weaker than Starscream, but is able to knock him down with a sneak attack
• Wields a handheld blaster, his hand cannon can vaporizing structures and robots as big as he is, and he has a built-in spotlight in his chest
• Commands the Sentinel Guards, who're individually weak but also numerous enough to overwhelm the Dinobots and force Bruticus into fighting strategically
• Knocked down by Swoop, but noticeably damaged him with one shot
• Stronger than Chromia
• Commands a network of cameras that let him see all of Cybertro
• Downed by shots from Powerglide, Ironhide and Inferno
• Seems to be noticeably stronger in cannon mode, knocking down an entire group of Autobots and even injuring Bruticus
• Battled and critically injured Omega Supreme, albeit off-screen
• Can create illusions with a holographic projector
• Died in the battle with Unicron

Slag

• Overpowered Shockwave

Powerglide

• Dodged shots from Starscream before drop-kicking him

Elita One

• Overpowered Astrotrain in hand-to-hand, but downed by a shot from Starscream

• Downed Shockwave with one shot

Brawn

• Knocked down Soundwave in one shot, though he got back up pretty quickly