• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

Is g1 unicron not the same being? He doesn't display nearly any of the powers he has on his profile, and if he did he would have stomped everyone.

Iisdude1 said:
Is g1 unicron not the same being? He doesn't display nearly any of the powers he has on his profile, and if he did he would have stomped everyone.
Does G1 Unicron suddenly have some godly powers I wasn't previously aware of? I haven't seen the movie in a few years, but I'm fairly certain that's one of Unicron's weakest incarnations.

Iisdude1 said:
they just don't seem to be the same being. Do his weaker avatars have less abilities then?
I think so, but I'm not really sure. I have no involvement with the page; it was created by Crabwhale before I joined the wiki.

I did not in fact create the page. I edited it and fixed a couple of things about it, and know more about Transformers cosmology than most, but aside from that I can't say much more.

And yes some of his weaker avatars would have different lesser powers and the like to coincide with their weakened AP, but it'd be too laborious to list them all on the page.

Crabwhale said:
I did not in fact create the page. I edited it and fixed a couple of things about it, and know more about Transformers cosmology than most, but aside from that I can't say much more.

And yes some of his weaker avatars would have different lesser powers and the like to coincide with their weakened AP, but it'd be too laborious to list them all on the page.
Huh, I always thought you did, my mistake. I think lisdude1 wants to know if we should make a G1 Cartoon Unicron page.

LordTracer said:
Okay, Orion would be Low 2-C, as the Thunderwing feat currently on his profile was done as Orion Pax. Black Shadow overpowered Magnus and Optimus at the same time, so he could either be Low 2-C or 'At least Low 2-C.' The other Phase Sixers and Mid-War Optimus (and the likes of Megatron, Galvatron and Arcee) would scale to that. Then Post-War Optimus could have his current ratings of 'At least Low 2-C, likely 2-C' or maybe he could just be plain 2-C.

That's my take on it, at least.
Btw the only people that would scale to Post-War Optimus are Post-War Megatron (he could probably use some more keys as well), Shockwave and maybe Soundwave, since he scales to Shockwave.

So, I did some research, and it turns out that Orion was in fact a Prime when he fought Thunderwing, so that technically falls into the Mid-War category, and we're left needing a feat for Orion.

He and the younger Megatron were the bases of scaling for my profiles of Whirl, Impactor, Springer and Jazz.

Impactor also scales to harming the Six Changers, Whirl's profile says he fought an older Megatron, Springer scales to Overlord, and Jazz scales to Springer. So they all have Low 2-C scaling apart from Orion and young Megatron.

Yeah, Orion and Young Megs might not be able to have keys, unless we find a new feat for them to scale to. Honestly, they may not even scale to each other.

LordTracer said:
Impactor also scales to harming the Six Changers, Whirl's profile says he fought an older Megatron, Springer scales to Overlord, and Jazz scales to Springer. So they all have Low 2-C scaling apart from Orion and young Megatron.
How did I forget that when I'm the one who made those profiles in the first place? 😅

That works too. The only issue now is the Optimus-Six Changer scaling. Though I guess you could just word Black Shadow's profile to say something like "Fought evenly with an early Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus at the same time and eventually bested them."

Before you do that, should Post-War Prime, Megatron and Shockwave be straight up 2-C? They scale above Low 2-Cs already, and base Shockwave's feat is basically just 2-C.

Most likely, yeah. That would probably be the best, even if this is just a slight upgrade.

LordTracer said:
I just remembered, we need to sort out the scaling of the Combiners as well.
Regarding the Combiners, actually, Soundwave scales to at least Devastator, since he's harmed Strika, who herself has stopped a blow from Devastator. Granted, this was after Devastator had lost Scrapper, which weakened him, but it's still worth at least bringing up.

Oh, that's interesting. That could mean 2-C for Devastator, although I'm not sure if Soundwave should downscale to 'At least Low 2-C' for stalemating Shockwave with help.

If he was, then Soundwave (and Devastator) should definitely just downscale to 'At least Low 2-C.'

This is what the overall scale should be, IMO. If anyone has questions about why I placed a certain character where I did, feel free to ask.

2-C

- Shockwave (IDW) (Base and Regenesis)

- Optimus Prime (IDW) (After the War)

- Megatron (IDW) (Autobot)

- Cyclonus (IDW)

- Whirl (IDW)

- Predaking (IDW)

- Devastator (IDW)

- Soundwave (IDW)

At least Low 2-C, likely far higher / Likely 2-C

- Megatron (IDW) (Stealth Bomber)

- Arcee (IDW)

- Galvatron (IDW)

- Nova Prime (IDW) (Base and Nemesis Prime)

At least Low 2-C

- Optimus Prime (IDW) (During the War)

- Megatron (IDW) (Base)

- Grimlock (IDW)

- Slag (IDW)

- Tar

- Star Saber (IDW)

- Overlord (IDW)

- Black Shadow (IDW)

- Sixshot (IDW)

- Starscream (IDW)

- Razorclaw (IDW)

- Rampage (IDW)

- Divebomb (IDW)

- Headstrong (IDW)

- Tantrum (IDW)

- Jazz (IDW)

Low 2-C

- Dai Atlas

- Minimus Ambus (IDW)

- Thundercracker (IDW)

- Skywarp (IDW)

- Impactor (IDW)

- Springer (IDW)

I'd personally like a Bumblebee profile, and Barricade if you can find anything for him. The rest of the DJD and Dinobots would also be nice.

Bumblebee would also need a second key for his Goldfire upgrades, though I'm not sure what tier he'd be put in - all I can remember is him getting one-shot by Regenesis Shockwave.

It kinda seems like Barricade one-shot him, which would put him in the 'At least Low 2-C, likely far higher' or 'Likely 2-C' group with Arcee, Galvatron, etc.

I'll look for some more stuff for Bee.

Granted, he used his taser instead of trying to directly fight him. Later in the comic he gets pretty much one-shot by Bludgeon, who I think is at least not that much stronger than Slug.

Also, I think we should make a profile for Windblade, but I wouldn't know off the top of my head who she'd scale to. She can certainly fight, but her story doesn't focus on fighting as much as other characters.

Also, Overlord, Tarn and Ultra Magnus should scale higher - all three are stronger than Whirl and Cyclonus, the former two strong enough to take on the entire crew of the Lost Light including them on their own, while the threat of the latter is enough to deter them from causing trouble.

LordTracer said:
This is what the overall scale should be, IMO. If anyone has questions about why I placed a certain character where I did, feel free to ask.

2-C

- Shockwave (IDW) (Base and Regenesis)

- Optimus Prime (IDW) (After the War)

- Megatron (IDW) (Autobot)

- Cyclonus (IDW)

- Whirl (IDW)

- Predaking (IDW)

- Devastator (IDW)

- Soundwave (IDW)

At least Low 2-C, likely far higher / Likely 2-C

- Megatron (IDW) (Stealth Bomber)

- Arcee (IDW)

- Galvatron (IDW)

- Nova Prime (IDW) (Base and Nemesis Prime)

At least Low 2-C

- Optimus Prime (IDW) (During the War)

- Megatron (IDW) (Base)

- Grimlock (IDW)

- Slag (IDW)

- Tar

- Star Saber (IDW)

- Overlord (IDW)

- Black Shadow (IDW)

- Sixshot (IDW)

- Starscream (IDW)

- Razorclaw (IDW)

- Rampage (IDW)

- Divebomb (IDW)

- Headstrong (IDW)

- Tantrum (IDW)

- Jazz (IDW)

Low 2-C

- Dai Atlas

- Minimus Ambus (IDW)

- Thundercracker (IDW)

- Skywarp (IDW)

- Impactor (IDW)

- Springer (IDW)
I'll add this to the CRT. I do have one question, why are Cyclonus and Whirl 2-C?

Back