• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

Also Happy Birthday to Peter Cullen

images

So Netflix Kingdom. It was alright I gotta say. Not as bad as I thought tbh. But still could be better. It's better than earthrise at least.

I enjoyed it much more than Siege and Earthrise, and I'm at least glad that the trilogy went out on a high note.

We also got a pretty notable pseudo-feat via a statement for Netflix Optimus, too. I'll keep it vague, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but there's a pretty big chasm in the ground that Bumblebee says and Optimus agrees only he would be strong enough to make.

I enjoyed it much more than Siege and Earthrise, and I'm at least glad that the trilogy went out on a high note.

We also got a pretty notable pseudo-feat via a statement for Netflix Optimus, too. I'll keep it vague, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but there's a pretty big chasm in the ground that Bumblebee says and Optimus agrees only he would be strong enough to make.
Same as well it's the best of the trilogy. And overall I feel it's a very... Ok trilogy imo

Has anyone been keeping up with the new IDW series? I managed to get the King Grimlock issue last week and quite enjoyed it. I was wondering if the rest was worth checking out.

Has anyone been keeping up with the new IDW series? I managed to get the King Grimlock issue last week and quite enjoyed it. I was wondering if the rest was worth checking out.
I haven't seen the new King Grimlock series (I think that was a spin off). I've kept up with IDW 2019 recently and it's pretty alright so far. The pacing is certainly starting to get better. The beginning is pretty rocky tho.

The crossovers are actually pretty good I won't lie

I haven't seen the new King Grimlock series (I think that was a spin off). I've kept up with IDW 2019 recently and it's pretty alright so far. The pacing is certainly starting to get better. The beginning is pretty rocky tho.

The crossovers are actually pretty good I won't lie
Cool, I'll check it out. Been looking for something to read recently.

apparently there is a character who can turn universes to fiction or possibilities in transformers
And there are some sights best left unseen. Perhaps, for your own sense of self, it would be best that you never encounter the many temptations of Carillon and her notorious gaming pits. I myself hope never to live to see the like again of the reconstituted revenant and her vampiric Omnicon horde. Pray that you never encounter Killswitch, the rogue engineer who toils endlessly at the heart of his plausibility matrix, a quantum computer that some believe has enough power to turn whole universes into mere theoretical possibilities, or worse, render them entirely fictional. Hope that Wallbreaker always has the fortitude to face him down, no matter the cost. Look not upon the terrible glory of the Lawbelcher, whose fiendish proclamations can condemn one to eternity in null-space for even daring to understand the concept of a crime. And seek not the fable of the forbidden love that condemned Heat Death and Genesis to an eternal torment, while creating the foundation for much of what you would consider Newtonian space.

There is so, so much I wish I could tell you. Perhaps some day I shall return to share these stories and more. Perhaps some day you will breach the dimensional barriers and see these stories for yourself

Killswitch can also manipulate probability

Wallbreaker was, of course, duly impressed. Though no scientist, he had enough of an understanding of computing and quantum physics to realize what an impressive feat this was. He was about to congratulate Killswitch, despite his misgivings, when the Destron's eyes flashed. "And," he said, "having calculated these probabilities, I can eliminate those I don't like." Wallbreaker's mind spun. What is reality, after all, but an enormous quantum wave event. And to eliminate a possibility meant...

"That's right," the Destron's aristocratic voice rang, "I am speaking of pruning the over-full bush of realities themselves."

Wallbreaker was out of his chair in an instant. "You can't," he hollered, "you'll kill uncountable quintillions."

Killswitch gave a small chuckle. "Your numbers are conservative by many orders of magnitude. But I won't be killing them, merely preventing certain outcomes which include their existence."

"You're mad!"

This invective caused the Destron's veneer to crack for the first time. It was evident he had heard this charge levied before, and had little use for it. "Mad? I hoped a fellow Cybertronian, one with the courage and intelligence you evidenced to arrive on Existimus despite the token obstacles placed in your path might appreciate my grand design. But I see you're as blind as the rest."

What happened next was an enormous battle, spanning the entirety of the artificial world of Existimus. I know not of the outcome, for my visions drifted to other matters at this point, but let us have faith that Wallbreaker prevailed over his adversary. If not, every existence, yours, mine, and those of the stories and tales you have watched and read, could be snuffed in an instant at the whim of a madman.

A shame he never appeared in canon

Danng. Where is this from? Is it JPG1?
Ask Vector Prime. It's ambiguous what universe he's from, though; it's either Generation One (specifically the Japanese cartoons) or Unicron Trilogy. There was another, albeit completely different version of Killswitch in a Generation One based story, Of Masters and Mayhem, where he became a Six Changer called Hexadeathimal.

Well that's neat. Tho I'm not sure what this ability would be. I guess Plot Manip? Doesn't seem tierable to me

Ask Vector Prime. It's ambiguous what universe he's from, though; it's either Generation One (specifically the Japanese cartoons) or Unicron Trilogy. There was another, albeit completely different version of Killswitch in a Generation One based story, Of Masters and Mayhem, where he became a Six Changer called Hexadeathimal.
For the record, the Of Masters and Mayhem version of Killswitch wasn't intended by the writer of the former to be an alternate version of the Ask Vector Prime version of Killswitch, but the guy who wrote the Ask Vector Prime version of Killswitch does consider him as such, so make of that what you will.

Hm. I dunno if it does would scale to anyone really. Just hope I'll find something juicycif I do more digging

His High Mid Regen is odd, basically he's able to tear himself apart and then put himself back together, as seen here. Bumblebee does seem to have a limit, like he seemed to think he was gonna die when Optimus was aiming for his head, but yeah, the regen is applicable.

Note that the glass on one of his windows shattered and came back together, implying he can reassemble parts that've even been shattered into little scraps (presumably he'll still die if his brain or spark are destroyed, though).

Also, I feel like it it should be noted that his separated parts don't just automatically come back together, they can all just generally move around, but they can all generally move around on their own? Like that should fall under Body Manipulation or something, right? Say he gets an arm torn off, that arm can still move around and maybe land a on his opponent from behind.

Well, if the high-mid regen was because he teared himself into a pieces, then i suppose that would'nt be a problem, as you know...destroy his parts then he can't reattached himself

At least based from what i get

Back