• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

It's really better if we were to just make a calc from scratch instead of putting together calcs from different places.

With the starscream feat probably not being 7-B, I think I might change the characters from At most 7-B to possibly 7-B.

Last edited:
ROS an't be called because starscream still wasn't at the epicenter of the explosion and we still don't have a size for trypticon.

I dunno about the ark

Tunguska is still very iffy, valid or not, previously, I'd give it at most 7-B. But considering shockwave had a ship that was completely destroyed upon impact and he had some sort of protection. Possibly works better than At most

ROS an't be called because starscream still wasn't at the epicenter of the explosion and we still don't have a size for trypticon.

I dunno about the ark

Tunguska is still very iffy, valid or not, previously, I'd give it at most 7-B. But considering shockwave had a ship that was completely destroyed upon impact and he had some sort of protection. Possibly works better than At most
Regarding Trypticon, maybe with some background and foreground shots that seem to show its size, and considering that the narration says the fireball alone engulfed the city, which would make the shockwave stronger. I think the explosion would be more powerful than what is required to destroy that city when the fireball thing is taken into account.

Regarding SS's position, he was a few dozen meters away I think.

With Tunguska, if the ship was completely destroyed, and yet the explosion was still 10-15 megaton with it still destroying the surrounding forest, and if Shockwave was at the epicenter of the crater, I think this would mean that the ship didn't offer much protection at all.

AP for IDW bayverse. Currently the supporting 7-B feats are:

- the ark crash which could be seen from space

- shockwave crashing on earth causing the tunguska event

- Starscream survives an exploding city

Last edited:
Regarding Trypticon, maybe with some background and foreground shots that seem to show its size, and considering that the narration says the fireball alone engulfed the city, which would make the shockwave stronger. I think the explosion would be more powerful than what is required to destroy that city when the fireball thing is taken into account.

Regarding SS's position, he was a few dozen meters away I think.

With Tunguska, if the ship was completely destroyed, and yet the explosion was still 10-15 megaton with it still destroying the surrounding forest, and if Shockwave was at the epicenter of the crater, I think this would mean that the ship didn't offer much protection at all.
The thing would still be lower, because like drite said, he wasn't at the epicenter of it. Starscream is also bigger so the same rule might not apply for regular sized humans.

Shockwave still was somewhat protected even if his protection was destroyed and he went into a coma

@Emirp sumitpo
I am aware, but it would have to be calced with the ISL. A possible calc would be a lowball anyway, considering we don't know Trypticon's exact size.

Wouldn't SS logically take more of the explosion than a normal human tho?

With the Tunguska thing, what I meant last post is this:

I think that if the ship was completely destroyed, it couldn't have absorbed much of the impact at all, considering the shockwave and fireball of which still caused the 10-15 megaton Tunguska event. If the ship didn't absorb the impact, and if SW was ay the epicenter, I think this would mean SW took most of it. This is my reasoning.

The starscream thing I'm not sure, drive will have to input on that.

Shockwave thing is still a maybe. A "likely" Could work better than a "possibly". But I'm still iffy on putting him at "At most"

The starscream thing I'm not sure, drive will have to input on that.

Shockwave thing is still a maybe. A "likely" Could work better than a "possibly". But I'm still iffy on putting him at "At most"
Either way, I am tired of talking about the same thing, so this is my last post on these specific scenes for now.

@Emirp sumitpo
But honestly, I don't understand something, IDW G1 gets to be multi-continental, even though the Toraxxis crater size itself is very inconsistent, I mean the crater shrinks many times over in the very next panel.

Either way, that is just one feat besides some very vague statements that could mean anything, like shaving an inch of a planet etc. Then, you have stuff like Optimus getting hurt by the shockwave of a kinetic harpoon that was stated to be stronger than a tactical nuke. That implies somewhere around megaton level at absolute best, not to mention the visuals also doesn't support anything remotely close to multi-continental. I don't see how Stealth Megatron's firepower scales to his durability.

Other characters besides OP, Megatron etc. are also implied or out right shown to be harmed by things like normal balistic human weapons. Especially in All Hail Megatron, Decepticons have to use jammers, or Frenzy's mind control thing etc. Thrust was also killed by a burning building collapsing on him off-panel in Spotlight Prowl. Scrapper was impaled by some falling normal metal construction columns.

I mean I'll admit I might be a bit bias, you know that since I came to this thread, I've done nothing but argue in favor of Bayverse, but still.

Last edited:
I would do:

Autobot
  • Optimus
  • Elita
  • Arcee
  • Bee
  • Kup
  • Red Alert
  • Wheeljack
  • Jetfire

Decepticon
  • Megatron
  • Starscream
  • Blackout
  • Soundwave
  • Shockwave
  • Barricade
  • Slipstream
  • Airachnid
  • Thunderblast
  • Knock Out

I would do:

Autobot
  • Optimus
  • Elita
  • Arcee
  • Bee
  • Kup
  • Red Alert
  • Wheeljack
  • Jetfire

Decepticon
  • Megatron
  • Starscream
  • Blackout
  • Soundwave
  • Shockwave
  • Barricade
  • Slipstream
  • Airachnid
  • Thunderblast
  • Knock Out
I am typing mine as we speak but, and that is just a thing that I normally see, so not really a bad thing in your list per se. I feel like the Autobots should outnumber the Decepticons, but should generally feel weaker, outside of 1 or 2 bots, since in cannon they have more characters. Also, I feel like there is way too many characters to focus And I see what you did by putting Elita and Arcee there

@Emirp sumitpo
But honestly, I don't understand something, IDW G1 gets to be multi-continental, even though the Toraxxis crater size itself is very inconsistent, I mean the crater shrinks many times over in the very next panel.

Either way, that is just one feat besides some very vague statements that could mean anything, like shaving an inch of a planet etc. Then, you have stuff like Optimus getting hurt by the shockwave of a kinetic harpoon that was stated to be stronger than a tactical nuke. That implies somewhere around megaton level at absolute best, not to mention the visuals also doesn't support anything remotely close to multi-continental.

Other characters are also implied or out right shown to be harmed by things like normal balistic human weapons. Especially in All Hail Megatron, Decepticons have to use jammers, or Frenzy's mind control thing etc. Thrust was also killed by a burning building collapsing on him off-panel in Spotlight Prowl. Scrapper was impaled by some falling normal metal construction columns.

I mean I'll admit I might be a bit bias, you know that since I came to this thread, I've done nothing but argue in favor of Bayverse, but still.
That's why they have a varies rating. Their rating quite literally varies. There's nothing inconsistent about the refinery explosion size?

I'd argue the kinetic harpoon is an outlier as their 7-B rating relies entirely on that. As the most consistent feats are High 6-A

Everything in the third paragraph is an outlier, at the very least, these characters would be High 8-C.

The difference is that IDW G1 has, IIRC, almost 20 High 6-A feats while movie bayverse has only 2 7-B ones and another possible feat.

Their ratings are: Varies. From 7-B to High 6-A

(I'd argue they should instead be straight up or likely/possibly High 6-A, but eh)

Last edited:
That's why they have a varies rating. Their rating quite literally varies. There's nothing inconsistent about the refinery explosion size?

I'd argue the kinetic harpoon is an outlier as their 7-B rating relies entirely on that. As the most consistent rating is High 6-A

Everything in the third paragraph is an outlier, at the very least, these characters would be High 8-C
In the second panel, the buildings are visible, yet we can see the other end of the crater at the same panel. I don't think those buildings are supposed to be that big that they are visible from space.

IDK about the Harpoon being an outlier. I have seen only one debatably multi-continental feat, yet several that aren't even City level. Why is the harpoon is City level anyway? Does Stealth Megatron have feats that scale his durability to his own firepower?

The third pharagraph is an outlier based on what tho? I haven't seen any feat that puts most of these guys (besides the heavy hitters like OP and Megatron) at even nuclear besides the Harpoon thing, which would be an outlier considering all the things I have listed here. It is repeadatly stated in AHM that Decepticons need to use jammers to survive human military's balistics, it is a plot point. Then you have Costa's anti-feats.

I am typing mine as we speak but, and that is just a thing that I normally see, so not really a bad thing in your list per se. I feel like the Autobots should outnumber the Decepticons, but should generally feel weaker, outside of 1 or 2 bots, since in cannon they have more characters. Also, I feel like there is way too many characters to focus And I see what you did by putting Elita and Arcee there
I usually think there should be more Decepticons because it’s like the Autobots are fighting an uphill battle.

And yes Arcee siblings but with no Chromia

In the second panel, the buildings are visible, yet we can see the other end of the crater. I don't think those buildings are supposed to be that big that they are visible from space.

IDK about the Harpoon being an outlier. I have seen only one multi-continental feat, yet several that aren't even City level. Why is the harpoon is City level anyway? Does Stealth Megatron have feats that scale his durability to his own firepower?

The third pharagraph is an outlier based on what tho? I haven't seen any feat that puts most of these guys (besides the heavy hitters like OP and Megatron) at even nuclear besides the Harpoon thing, which would be an outlier considering all the things I have listed here. It is repeadatly stated in AHM that Decepticons need to use jammers to survive human military's balistics, it is a plot point.
Cybertronian's buildings are gigantic. Several characters call earth buildings tiny compared to cybertronian's ones, and almost every cybertronian building is a skyscraper of sorts.

I had a collection of ideas feats somewhere, but out of all of them, High 6-A is the most consistent, mainly for high tiers. Kinetic harpoon is 7-B as it could harm SB Megatron, who could destroy a city with an uncharged railgun. Pre-DC Optimus and starscream could stagger him at best.

All of the feats in the third paragraph are tier 9. And they are definitely above tier 9. The ballistics is contradicted later on when in a series like the rid/John Barber comic, cybertronians could tank much stronger attacks.

The reason is say they should be at High 6-A is because High 6-A is the feat that pops up the most, this mainly for the top tier characters such as Optimus or six shot for instance.

I was thinking that 2 were there mainly for romantic subplots with Optimus and Bumblebee
Well, I would have Elita in a relationship with Optimus but make her a strong character on her own lol. I want Elita to be able to punch Megatron out goddamnit

Same with Arcee tbh, except she goes with Barricade uwu.

Well, I would have Elita in a relationship with Optimus but make her a strong character on her own lol. I want Elita to be able to punch Megatron out goddamnit

Same with Arcee tbh, except she goes with Barricade uwu.
I guess, if that is your opinion that is neat!

It just makes sense, at least to me, for Elita to be just as much of a badass as Optimus is. That’s one of the reasons I liked Siege, because they pretty much portrayed her as an equal to Optimus.

Barricade is best boy so he gets put with best girl, fite me

It just makes sense, at least to me, for Elita to be just as much of a badass as Optimus is. That’s one of the reasons I liked Siege, because they pretty much portrayed her as an equal to Optimus.

Barricade is best boy so he gets put with best girl, fite me
Seems neat, but I am quite eh on romance on Transformers stories, but it really depends on the scenario, I guess

IDW made me ship her and Sideswipe

Should range from 5-8 as new characters get introduced, having your favorite character is neat, but there is too many on transformers to focus on everyone who got a important role in their chareer.

For the Autobots for me:
-Optimus Prime (Who would have guessed)
-Prowl (The og one, mainly to cause some conflict against Optimus)
-Minerva (Could likely be replaced with Ratchet, but he is already too famous IMO, Minerva has a really cool desing that I would like to see in new transformers media, and being honest here, Arcee, Windblade and Elita-1 are kinda overused for the female protagonists)
-Bumblebee/Hot Rod (Bumblebee is now the face of Transformers nowadays, but I feel like having Hot Rod as the "kid appeal" from the start would make his transition to Rodimus a very interesting character arc)
-Sureshot (Sureshot was never used in any way that I can remember, I feel like he could be a neat character, kinda as a sniper or something like that, kinda like Blurr on Armada, could very well be those edgy characters, but if written well I see potential on him)
Possible ones alongside those 5:
-Ironhide/Bulkhead (Feel like they fuel the same function in newer stories, but I prefer Ironhide)
-Jazz (Jazz is technically the 2nd highest ranking autobot outside of Optimus IIRC, Lieutant if I am not mistaken, so he as a second in command would be neat, but if going by second in command, Jetfire and Ultra Magnus have that role more than Jazz, and I feel like having both primary and second in command of Autobots would make the power balance kinda to their side, which in narrative is not always a good thing, ya need to feel like the heroes are in danger when they are against the enemies, save for some epic moments I guess)
-Gears (I am biased towards his magnetic powers since he was one of the main characters on my fan fic uwu (he later was destroyed by Sixshot but that is besides the point), + he was never really used that much outside of that short story from MTMTE)
-Wheeljack (I like wheeljack)

Decepticons:
-Megatron (who would have guessed)
-Starscream (A stapple to the decepticons nowadays)
-Soundwave (Either his silent type or his monotone voice. Feel like either would make Soundwave a very intimidating foe for the autobots, plus I guess there is a need to counter Scream's treachery with some loyalty)
-New Barricade (Like it or not, Barricade went from a Micromaster to a character who got some fans to his new desing and function, could be someone who could go toe to toe with Prowl if ya are into thematic battles)
-Flatline (Decepticons rarely get their own medic, and Flatline is the first own who comes to mind, well, he and Prime Knockout I guess)
Possible alongside those 5
-Nightracer (Female Unknown Decepticon, that's it)

So in short, for me it would be those for the initial roster:

Autobots: Optimus Prime, Hot Rod, Minerva, Sureshot, Prowl
Decepticons: Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Barricade, Flatline

Seems neat, but I am quite eh on romance on Transformers stories, but it really depends on the scenario, I guess
I’m fine with romance because I’m addicted to shipping as long as it’s done right and doesn’t like, take over the plot.

I like your character rosters although I feel like I have to give descriptions for my picks now lol

I’m fine with romance because I’m addicted to shipping as long as it’s done right and doesn’t like, take over the plot.

I like your character rosters although I feel like I have to give descriptions for my picks now lol
I do like, but if done wrong it can't really **** up the pacing and overall enjoyement of a series

If ya want to, I normally like to have a reason to why I choose certain characters to be in a narrative, be it the most simplest to some other ideas that could work.

I really like a sniper and the fact that MTMTE highlited some unknown bots, so I picked Sureshot

As a sidenote, my plans was to only Hot Rod of the initial 5 to survie as the series progress uwu

@Emirp sumitpo

Ok, but almost every panel shows those buildings as gigantic, but NOT gigantic enough to be visible from space. Can you show me scans where they are drawn to be the size of countries?

What makes Bomber Megatron's durability city level? Does he have feats that scale him to his own firepower? He doesn't use physical strength to one shot cities, so how does firepower scale to durability?

What else can they tank that condradicts the ballistics thing? Even if they are above tier 9, they shouldn't be too much above if so many tier 9 anti feats exist. Overall all of those feats show the writers's consistent intention that they are not even close to city level, let alone multi-continent.

Other high A-6 feats seem to be statements like, Sixshot can destroy civilization? That doesn't necessarily mean he is multi-continent, especially when we have never seen him dish put such attacks. And he is a high tier anyway, doesn't really scale to most of the other characters. I highly doubt the writers had something specific in mind like "he can one shot continents" when they wrote him as a planet killer. There is another thing, but I am not sure, Sixshot is more often than not deployed in Phase 6 of infiltration miasions, so doesn't he strike more vulnerable civilization?

Back