• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transcending Space-Time on a 2-A setting = Transcending the space-time of the entire multiverse?

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
no it doesn't have anything to do with the concepts

Okay so... simple question:

Does transcending space-time in a 2-A setting equals transcending the space-time of the entire infinite multiverse?

It depends on the context.

Does the person clearly transcend space and time on a multiversal scale? Or is it just "transcends space and time" and that's it?

Well, in this hypothetical situation, it is just transcending space-time and... that's it

i assume we treat that as transcending it on a Universal scale... right?

Seems like transcending space-time only means you transcend the space-time of a planet now owo

on a serious note, why though? By assuming this, you are implying said being only transcends the space-time of their own universe, while still being bound by the space-time or other universes

There's a difference between transcending space-time on a universal scale and multiversal scale. Doing it in one doesn't mean you do it in the other, we need proof you transcend all of it.

Otherwise everyone who "transcends space and time" is High 2-A.

So.... Even if you transcend space-time, you can still be bound by the space-time of another universe...?

thisdoesn'tmakeanysense

Yes, but... when you transcend space-time, you technically start existing naturally in a void outside of the space-time of the universe you once lived in, so... even in that void, you are still bound by the space-time of the Multiverse... even if it is nothing more than a collection of universes...?

no i'm not :c

Well technically transcending space and time (if taken at face value) would be 1-A, as dimensions are just a feature of space-time. But the problem is that fiction is filled to the brim with statements like "oh such and such transcends space and time" and we can't just have everyone at 1-A, it wouldn't make sense for the vast majority of characters who are described as such.

No, to be honest transcending the concepts of space-time should be 1-A, but transcending the regular space-time that makes up a universe / multiverse shouldn't

and the former isn't the case here so...

Ultima Reality said:
No, to be honest transcending the concepts of space-time should be 1-A, but transcending the regular space-time that makes up a universe / multiverse shouldn't
and isn't the case here so...
Yeah that's what I meant. Would there be any difference between what you and I said from a mathematical or scientific perspective?

It's just that we have a clear definition to account for author error and plot induced stupidity.

I mean, time and space by themselves aren't concepts, they are dimensions which compose a space-time continuum (3 Spatial Dimensions + 1 Temporal)

Ultima Reality said:
I mean, time and space by themselves aren't concepts
Aren't they...? Haha now I'm confused :D

"Concepts" has a pretty loose definition. Space and certainly time are highly abstract ideas by nature... idk it's weird.

I suppose anger is clearly a concept and time doesn't seem all that different. It changes depending on perspective, we can't touch it, it could be an illusion, scientists aren't sure it exists etc.

I'm sorry, I hope you don't mind the conversation.

No, like i said, they are just dimensions which compose the space-time continuum

Concepts are more like absolute generalizations which defines their existence, it's... hard to explain, like, if you destroy a single space-time continuum, the spatial and temporal dimensions composing it will be gone as well, yet Time itself will be fine, meanwhile, if you destroy the concepts of space and time... then Time and Space will be gone for good, since the ideas that define their existences is destroyed in that moment

I think I understand what you are getting at. I'd say that it's a distinction that is probably only applicable to fiction though.

Eh, as for your second example, Anger is just a result of biological processes (right?), yet, there is still an idea defining it

Yes, I would think so. But the question is does that idea exist outside our minds? Which is to say, if humanity was to disappear would the idea of anger still exist? Would any concept still exist? Speaking strictly in terms of reality here.

Back