• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tower of God Discussion Thread

just a general post to talk about current chapters and potentially about making a system for the characters in ToG since the old one was close down

Urek you are a god amound gods! and to think there are at least ten others that are comparable to this, dear god i'm scared yet excited to see future chapters. SIU sure knows how to make a proper balance between regulars and High Rankers.

Thorn power negs immortality and regen

Urek with 1% of power >>>> White-hair soul eater guy and black robed FUG guy with a mask

the immortal negat is only a thing in the FoD because of the Spell that was casted over the floor it self. There is no information about it working like that outside of the FoD.

I'm talking about the other 10 great families and the other Irregulars.

as long as the spell itself is weaker then it since even the 10 mothes are able to kill the residence of the FoD

I will be caught up with Tower of God soon, however I just wanted to know why it took so long for characters pages to be made.

I honetsly don't know, the best i can think of is that not many people really want to create them. I just started helping out with whatever I can so I suggest you read the previous thread to catch up with what was stated, wouldn't mind your opinion on it.

poor white that is why you should read the fine print before singing on the doted line. still To see the Aloof Wave in person again is exciting.

well I created this so that one can talk about the new chapters of Tower of god, many other series have one so doing it for ToG wouldn't hurt, but it seemse like no one really want to talk about it.

The talk about the power systme is only a possibility depending on who wants to join and if they really want to do it, I started a basic AP systme in the previous one so if you want to help out it be best to read that first.

I did read through that first. I haven't done a calculationg before, but I do like Tower of God and figured that I could at least help with listing powers and abilities as well as pointing out chapters to find good feats that can be calced in order to get some solid numbers with which to scale the other characters. The first question I'd need answered is whether or not Ran's lightning is true lightning, which I don't believe it is. I don't think there's been a sky to ground lightning feat. AP wise, however, I guess we should go back to the first arc and see how strong the ordinary, no class regulars are like you said. And then from there we can scale up to E and D class regulars, use Kaiser as a way of scaling to a C class regular, Reflejo as a way of scaling B class regulars, and so on and so forth.

Like I mentioned I think the lowest we can start at is street due to what's that kids name being able to decapitate limbs with a needle and the trained and strong regulars being at wall maybe higher for Annak and Androssie due to simply being stronger and is able to overwelm the 'normal' regulars.

E and D regulars could easily between wall and room due to simply how stronger they are then those at the second floor. I can also find a lot of feats but we need someone who's good at calculations.

I don't think Kaiser is C level just yet, i know that she could of easily climb the tower but having her as a C Level doesn't seem right at least untill we get an idea on C class Regulars. I honestly don't think Reflejo is an actual B class regular, I'm not sure if SIU did comfermed it in a blog post but if Reflejo is a B level then the gap between E and B is very small and after seeing the difference between E and D I highly doubt he's a B Regular.

The ranking systme I suggested is only for a estimating for character that we don't have any good feats for due to SIU wanting to not showcase the true power of Rankers and High Rankers and that any colid levels would have to be set to feats.

Speed I think we can start at Supersonic due to Koon being able to block two sniper bullets in the Crown Gameif not then superhuman for now untill we can get someone to do some calculations.

I do think that street level is fair, at least for no class regulars.

As for E and D class regulars, some of them might be at least building level, though I'd have to point to specific chapters for that. That one battle Baam had with Mule Love was while he was still E class, and he was damaging Love, who is a low class ranker. There's no way that Ranker only has room level durability. Honestly, Rak at the beginning of the series could likely destroy a room simply by his mere size and spear. And with the expansion on Green April at the beginning, that likely would have made Anaak at leave building level, but we'd have to calc that to see exactly how much damage was done, and how large it expanded.

I think Kaiser was compared to a C class regular, though I'd have to look back at that. It might have been Bam who was compared to such, and perhaps I was simply comparing them relative to each other.

Reflejo, when he released what power Karaka had given him, was directly stated to be a B class regular. While this might have been before the author knew of the power gap between each class, this doesn't change the statement. He was almost casually knocking around both Koon and Baam, and Rak as well I believe.

I can't say too much on the calc as I haven't calced anything myself. If I knew how to obtain the pixel amounts, determine time frames, and determine how much length there is per pixel, I might be able to help. But, truthfully, we just need someone who is able to calc feats that we can point out to them. That much would be greatly appreciated.

It's unlikely that Mule love was going all out while againts Baam also I don't think Baam was damaging him, he was hitting him and sometimes pushing him back at time but I don't think he was damaging him. For the E-D I was just makeing a averadge estimate I know that some characters are stronger then that but I was just simply wanted to make a base line for what I think is a safe bet.

Elaine may be comparable to C regulars due to her thousand year experience as the ruler of the Name Hunt Station, both of them are probably comparable to C regulars but I ust simply want to not assume C level strength just yet.

FOr reflejo did SIU himself stated that he was B level or did Reflejo himself only said that because if SIU said then it's probably due to the concintration of shinshoo is low on that floor compared to where C level regulars are normally at. If SIU didn't then I think that he may have said that rank due to having Poken's shadow(not karaka) and more of a status thing rather then strength since the ranking systme is more base on status then strength since Even is higher rank then Yuri.

I have no doubt that we'll need a lot of help and good people who's good at calculating to get this done correctly due to how open the series is I have a feeling we have barely scratched the surface on how stronge the character can get if Gustangs statement about Urek is correct.

I agree the Mule was likely not going all out against him, but he certainly wasn't taking it easy on him either. Though to see if he damaged him I'll have to take another look at the fight, though I'm fairy certain that the flare wave explosion would have likely done some damage to him.

That's fair enough. I'll have to look back at that fight as well, see exactly what was said.

I see your point, SIU didn't state such, Reflejo himself said it. And he only ascended to that level because he had a portion of Karaka's shadow, like I said before. Your point about status is a very good one, but with status come strength. Evan is very powerful in his own right and we haven't seen him go all out. Also keep in mind that he was able to keep at Bay attacks from both Yuri and Karaka.

Yeah, we'll need help. I'll provide links on my points later and also provide links to feats that need to be calced. Is there any way to tag an admin or a person kind enough to help us with the calculations, or perhaps teach me how to do them so I can do them myself if I have the time?

Flare wave explosing seems more like a 'piercing' attack that bypasses normal defense rather then a heavey damageing attack, beyond that nothing really effected him.

The only thing I can remember that indicated Elaine's strength is Baam saying that she could've easiy have became a ranker if she had climb the tower although that probably means that she would have no huge problem climbing it and becoming a ranker rather then she is comparable to a ranker. Her strength came from her talent as a anima and her useing the stations rules agaitns her apponents rather then raw power like Androssie although she isn't lacking in that area.

I honestly don't know, I know you can highlight blogs and post but I don't know anything specific.

But flare wave explosion was never stated to be such, and even appears to be a small explosion.

That's fair enough, though Baam is nowhere near the strength of any Ranker we've seen yet, even Mule Love, so that was likely a bit of an exaggeration, or perhaps there was simply some other factor to her that would've allowed her to accomplish such.

There's a calculation thread so we can ask for calculations on there once we find pages that can be calced. I think we should gather speed feats as well as feats for destructive capability for Baam especially as most of the other characters can be scaled to him.

I apologize for the late response.

"Allows one to transfer a shock of shinsoo through vibrations from oneself to a targeted object, vibrating the target's inner shinsoo and destroying it from within." while it never states clearly it does suggestes that it bypases traditional defense by directly effecting the shinshoo inside of the target.

I feel like SIU is delibertly holding Rankers strength so that they don't completly overshadow Baam and the rest the fact that Urek hasn't even gotten a bit serious even after that large battle againts the red thryssle is proof.

I tried the calculation thread before and I was ignored, if you want to then go a head. For speed I have a couple that we can start off now, there's kun being able to block two sinper bullets with his bag during the crown game in the beginning arc. next there's the Kun Ranker being able to launch electrical shinsoo from around 15km way within a coupel if seconds durng the woden horse station.

http://*********.com/Manga/Tower-of-God/S001---Chapter-021?id=349962 for the sniper bullet block

http://*********.com/Manga/Tower-of-God/S002---Chapter-162?id=350929 for the ranker.

I set it up so that it shows all the pages so I don't know the specific page number.

although that was with shinsoo Baam certainly has strength after his 5-6 year training.

I probably should state this now but when we start I think we should have two different states for each version; one for with shinshoo and one without. It has been shown all throughout the series that shinshoo makes a huge difference in how much damage one can deal and take. Baam is a clear example of the difference between the two, although for him it's not a huge difference at times.

Tbh, I think that might be just a bit too ambitious for trying to revise an entire page. I think it might be best to try to calc everyone at their strongest, while using Shinsu, and then go on from there.

Also, someone is helping me calc the discharged electricity feat as well as the sniper rifle feat. If you know the speed of discharged lightning used on this wiki that would be a great aid, as he needs it for the calculation.

well I was just mentioning it right now so that we remember it later since it is a thing that is presented throughout the series we don't need to deal with it now.

I was just thinking that since the ranker was 15km away and the shinshoo did landed on the train within a couple of panels I figuered we could just use that rather then trying to figure out the speed of the shinshoo first.

Yeah, but the feat involved discharged electricity. Hence why I can't use the value for the average speed of lightning on this site.

If both feats eded up as I thought they were then that would probably make it Supersonic for regulars and High hypersonic for Rankers.

wow, I wasn't expecting that to be so underwelming. I figured it be higher, wow I'm speachless.

yeah but I figured that blocking two bullets was an impressive feat, if it was supsonic or transoinc I would be okay with but we barely pass superhuman.

any news on the ranker feat?

The feat with Hoaquin? None so far, we still don't have a value for the speed of discharged electricity.

Also, that feat was with two D-rank regulars, they weren't rankers.

Since it's getting close to the weekend, I'll try to use that time to reread tower of god, and post any potential feats that can be calced here and on the calculation thread as well. I'll be starting with season 2.

wait were you trying to see how fast the shinshoo was? because the khun was 15km away it does say so earlier in the chapter. also I don't think hoaquin actually dodge it because I don't think it was aimed at him.

It was aimed everywhere. Everyone had to dodge, lol. Hoaquin has a specific panel where he is seen dodging it.

The D-class regulars didn't dodge Hoaquin's electricity though. They just died, lol.

Back