• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toujou Karuna vs Saiki Kazu

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Toujou Karuna vs Saiki Kazu

I try finding good matches for Karuna, but it is hard... Maybe this can work.

Saiki gets 30 minutes prep time.

SBA for the rest (especially In-Character)

Looks like a clear hax stomp from a quick look to Toujou's page, since Toujou can steal skills at range without giving any outward signs, Invulnerability, Space-Time manipulation that also includes Time-Stop, etc... (and that's just in the first five skills on the list)

To be fair, it isn't suprising that it's the first 5 skills, as I tried sorting the skills according to battle relevance when making the page.

That said, this is one of these cases where I wish pages had a "combat style" section.

Basically Karuna has never really fought seriously against anything at this point. The only time he used skill stealing is to take back his skills after a different character stole around 5 of his skills during a fight. And the only time he used time manipulation is for the purpose of cooking...

He usually lets his opponents play their cards and responds to them with his skills, instead of instantly hax stomping people.

A combat style section would be very useful for a lot of characters, yeah. A combat skill section would also be nice, so as to not have to put it all in the Intelligence section.

Shouldn't skills like Future Prediction, Appraisal and Mind Reading make it so that he'll know if Saiki is a serious threat or not? Or is he like Gilgamesh from Fate that ignores abilities that warn him of serious threats? He has skills to counter basically anything Saiki has shown to use, like better space manipulation, cloning abilities of his own, dispelling curses, precognition, etc...

I don't really see how Saiki would win unless we seriously wank his ability to give himself powers.

I suppose you are right that his skills would tell him (heck Naviko tells him stuff even if he doesn't ask). Though it is hard to tell if he would really get serious, given that he never encountered anyone that poses much of a threat to him.

But I will concede that the match doesn't seem to work. And with that the search for a good matchup continues..

Back