• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toriko upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing that in space there are beasts of solar level, and that neo virtually devoured a universe ... I find it too unfair that they do not raise the characters.

Also keep in mind that if the explosion of the planet was to do more massive than a supernova, then the resistance or hardness of this should be extremely ******.

I had a issue with the small star thing, but I wasn't aware of that eating other stars quote.

Honestly I don't mind a "likely Star level", aslong it isn't contradicted by something in the series

I don't know whether it'd be consistent or not, but the statement seems reasonable in its own.

Well, considering the fact that Acacia considered crushing Toriko's planet (which is about as large as Jupiter) to be an easy feat and the fact that it took a great deal of effort on Midora's part (the next strongest character) to stop him, I'd say it's consistent.

So this guy called DocAnimeTheory said "JiJi said that the Red Demon's "individual strength has been hailed as histories greatest", ie the Red Demon is the strongest creature in the Red Universe. The Red Universe has Mammoths as big as stars, hence the Red Demon should be Star Level." From what he said I think star level for Toriko top tiers is reasonable.

Hmm. Based on this, Star level may actually be reasonable for NEO, which I suppose might upgrade full power Acacia, Midora, Toriko, and other more powerful characters to "Likely Large Star level".

Somebody should message CrossverseCrisis about this, and help with organising potential upgrades (deciding which characters that this should scale to, what their tiers should be, and carrying out the edits) would be very appreciated, as I cannot do so myself.

I've brought this up before but no one listened and i'm glad that people are now looking into it again.

Theres a lot of evidence that neo could easily be star level.

1. he showed no real fear when don slime began this attack.

2. He was not hesitant about destroying earth or even the planet exploding WHICH was stated to be even greater than a supernova if it were to explode, meaning he knew he would survive.

3. He was KILLED by a supernova and then came back and as shown in one of the chapters, neo can indeed evolve from anything that kills him. He's like Perfect cell when he blew himself up.

4. When neo became his true form, theres an attack he did against emperor crow that it was stated it was bright enough to "wipe the sun out"

5. Neo Acacia also has summoned enough gourmet hands that could POSSIBLY put him at star level if he had summoned more hands at the time near his peak.

05 (1)

Antvasima said:
Hmm. Based on this, Star level may actually be reasonable for NEO, which I suppose might upgrade full power Acacia, Midora, Toriko, and other more powerful characters to "Likely Large Star level".
Somebody should message CrossverseCrisis about this, and help with organising potential upgrades (deciding which characters that this should scale to, what their tiers should be, and carrying out the edits) would be very appreciated, as I cannot do so myself.
That'd be satisfying, i just wish the manga gave us an actual live feat...all we got is what i said above

Aye. This was something even i never recalled looking into or back on. I can see this as being an alright enough upgrade. The points that Salvatore showed here more or less can also be used to justify NEO's tier and those that scale to him....right?

That and the planet is also pretty damn durable too if this upgrades a bunch of the top tiers. It did took a lot of attacks and still stood until the near eruption at the final end of the final fight.

Basically, i find this alright enough to pass and be used. Not gonna be doing the upgrades tho since i'm very tired as all heck atm.

Okay. Which characters should scale from this, and what tiers do you think that they should they have?

Whatever works the most sense out of this. Can be Star level or even Large Star if anything. Either one works fine with me.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Which characters should scale from this, and what tiers do you think that they should they have?
I would say toriko and midora no doubt.

I honestly don't know about the other characters though, literally it was just those two putting up the real fight, while starjun helped, he was quickly in capcitated and was also by joei.

Well, somebody would have to organise the changes first.

Some Toriko characters were stated to be on the peak of the Universe's Food Scale.

Perhaps they scale to the Star Sized elephants.

I dunno. There's an OBD argument currently going on;

Well for toriko and midora I believe they should be large star level due to the fact of how much more powerful they have become compared to the NEO we see in the scan, however when don slime was referring to how Neo ate countless stars in the past so he could be very much be referring to when neo had his full power and was seperate from acacia, so anyone that could contend with NEO when he ate God and got his full power back would be star level. I don't know if this would scale to the eight kings(probably not) or anyone else on the matter.

The other 4 kings could scale possibly since at the time they didn't eat God or center but that's speculation.

Overall Midora,Acaica fused with NEO, Toriko, and possibly should get large star level(at least could be up for debate).

And for the other 4 kings and Starjun and joie, putting them at star level looks reasonable. They may very well be stronger than NEO when he ate God, but star level is the cap.

Star level is a very narrow tier, whereas Large Star level is not, as far as I remember.

So, Large Star level for all characters that scale from NEO, and "Possibly higher" for Toriko?

Sounds about right enough. I will say that Large Star is the highest i'll let and see for characters like NEO here to be rated at for something like this.

Everything else above seems about right enough.

Why wasnt universal neo accepted?

He spit out countless galaxies

And its said he could expand bigger than the universe

Both statement and feat are there.Also powerscaling broke end chapter pointed out that some fodders are star lvl and over while kings represent entire universes it makes sense

I disagree with this for a simple reason. In a different translation Neo has saw a lot of them

http://*********.com/Manga/Toriko/Ch-364--A-Certain-Thought--?id=268483

Considering we know Neo has been incinerated multiple times by Supernovas and 'killed', we know that there are theories leaning differently..

@Xanto However saying that a translation from a different one is far superior to another one doesn't make it any more easier as I noticed there are translation errors from even Kewl's translations and I not so sure if those translations will be considered as a official one especially since Kewl's translations can be sketchy from time to time. The fact that Neo still eat a dwarf star along with its statement does seem something I can be fine with.

A dwar star that was only stated to level destroy the planet in Kewl's translation and to lifewipe it in the *********** version. Neither case is impressive.

We have no star level feats in Toriko besides this stretchy and rather vague statement, is all I am saying. We even saw that all of Neo has eaten were planets (and not even whole, but just wiping them out).

Were we shown him a GENUINE star level feat or more repeated star level statements, I would be alright, but as we stand it's a very small one. It doesn't help it's been revealed Neo WASN'T the Demon King who would eat the sun, thus making the feat even vaguer. I completely disagree

I see. The statements that come about the Star level made seem vague, but the fact there is the possible he could eat a star as the legend of the Demon King stated then it will be there. Hence the "Possibly 4-C" will come into role here. Also it has been at least stated once also the Demon King was shown eating a star here: http://m.imgur.com/zrGlKpv?r

Again, as we didn't even see him devour a planet whole (we see planets being turned into wastelands) makes me wonder.

And the Legend of the Demon King is adressed in the last chapter as being a being completely separated by NEO. And honestly to scale him to the Demon Kigns or the Sun Sized Cosmic Mammoth would seem a stretch, as we know Gourmet energy constatnly evolves and increase

Hmmm to be fair they weren't going to fight as NEO and others are getting along at the EOS so hence the possibly or likely "4-C" as interpretation is up in the air for that matter.

I would honestly seek if someone could translate it. I am fine with Neo being star level if we have a more clear cut statement OR a proof on which translation is more accurate (I am not stating Kewl's better, but the fact we have two translation that imply different things, I am forced to feel more inclined ot the one which is shown AKA Neo not eating starts but just having seen them and getting killed by resulting novas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back