• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toriko Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isnt an AP feat, is just... an eating feat lol. NEO can eat galaxies but to do so he needs millions upon million of years. His hunger cannot be satisfied until he has devoured so many things, thats it, no AP, just "hax". And, guys, maybe toriko is ending, but we may get a continuation in the future, white said that toriko's adventures wouldnt stop. And we should add "Life Creation" to midora's page.

Yes please, seems good enough

So far all we can do is speculate the blue demons and White demon's (?) strength of the series is truly ending..and honestly i just hope it goes on a hiatus and comes back..just not berserk long hiatus please.

i propose something:

Can we add a new stat to the profiles of characters? it name would be: "honorable non-combat feat"

the feat of neo deserves to be mentioned in his profile so that future generations realize how great of a monster he was :')

it would be more or less like the "intelligence" stat (it doesnt really play a role in fights except in the rare case of giving prep time) but a hell lot more awesome since the most epic non-combat feats of chars will be mentioned in there :D

I have already mentioned it as a footnote in Acacia's profile.

Antvasima said:
I have already mentioned it as a footnote in Acacia's profile.
ohhh, cool,thanks, i wish we gotten more of such stuff, i dont want it to end, i want to see actual galaxy busting feats :'(

I think that the Bleach ending was either the fault of Kubo's editors axing the series, or his own failing health.

Why is the Acacia Galaxy thing mentioned at all? It isn't a relevant feat since it can't be used in any concievable battle and it isn't an outlier either since he is vomiting up all of the food that Neo ate over the course of billions of years (and we have learned from the Blue Nitro that in times when Neo has revived he caused Gourmet Cell destruction on a galactic scale).

We already know it's more than possible for him to have eaten that much, so why mention it?

You can't even say it is an outlier compared to other characters vomiting because none of them have eaten as much as him, nor have they ever vomited out everything he's ever eaten.

now that i think about it:

maybe neos feat wasnt that much of a outlier afterall, because it seems like this "vomitting" took away all the food he ate, ergo, he became a husk of his powerful self, basically like netero after zero hand,

and if we think about it, using such a move against the current enemys would be stupid since it will give away all the food he amassed throughout the countless years,

that would make him large planet lvl in stats except for the time he uses a self-weakening one-time-only move that makes him superweak again and where he would need billions of years in order to reach the usual self...

this doesnt seem that impossible imo :/

It's not even a move or an attack though... It's nothing he has control over.

Salavtore said:
Hush damage, we already went over it.

Sure, but I still don't see why that note is there at all at the bottom of Acacia's profile. It isn't relevant to the profile nor is it an outlier or a feat.

He has control of puking it all up but its mostly a suicidal attack on his part stil pretty usable in a battle as a last resort

@Salatore Nope as I always know Zonge has it when he first appeared.

@Nibbler Midora doing that on the chapter before the last one. May he RIP for doing so.

@Salavtore Then explain how he survive in the Century Soup Arc or even the fact he somehow surviving the time during the Arc that involve the Puffer Whale being the central focus by Toriko. You probably did not read the entire Toriko manga anyway.

@Starkiller His stupidity and job of being a comical character ;l No need to get defensive on something so small kiddo

Plus the concept of gourmet luck being able to defend someone from vicious attacks and such wasn't even a known concept till the more recent chapters, before Neo acacia, gourmet luck was more related to "cooking" than used as a weapon.

Zonge = hercule

Comedic character who has a use near the end of a big battle.

@Salavtore Lol even then he is not that stupid while his comedic scenes goes for it. He still got luck on his side when times was serious.

@Salavtore He also survived from getting eaten alive during the Century Soup Arc. Also the fact that Zonge eated Pair as well.

I mean from getting eaten.

Well, again, it's just part of his character type. Gourmet luck or not, he's a comedic character who seems to survive anything, just like hercule.

Also yea he ate pair, but still doesn't seem to of affected him much, which is a shame for everyone else who ate pair.

Can someone please explain what Food Luck/Gourmet luck actually is I tried looking it up and it says the luck people have in finding rare ingredients but like that doesn't explain some of the crazy stuff it can do like giving Toriko hands when he had none lol

It changed DRASTICALLY since joei explained it during his/her first battle with midora.

Before it, it was nothing more than something only chefs were said to have.

I'm having a difficult time giving a easy to understand explaination since its done so many different things.

Food Luck is basically the most broken ability in Toriko.

It grants you command (conscious or subconsciously) over these invisible humanoid spirits capable of amazing feats in order to help you.

They can divert / deflect attacks as seen when Joie simply walked through Midora's barage of tongues, or when Midora deflect Acacia's Gourmet Spank, or when Toriko deflected Acacia planet-sized fists.

They can also attack your opponent directly; as seen when Joie tried erasing Starjun with attacks of Food Luck or when Midora hit Acacia in the face with Food Luck.

They can also take damage in your place - if you're already hit with an attack - then the attack will be undone and the Food Luck will take the damage instead.

Food Lucks can literally carry you away from one spot to another to save you, and force-feed you power-up food.

Food Luck can also manipulate events slightly - as they guided Aimaru down toward the core of the planet, and brought both Acacia and Toriko to help Joie and Midora respectively.

Pretty much that ^

Plus, it helped komatsu becomed skilled AF during the series as a chef and indetify ingredients. (which is a minor thing)

On top of being one of the most broken non-destructive abilities in toriko, its only weakness is you can't use it constantly as joie learned the hard way

to boot, it can also negate knocking and allow the body to regrow body parts...

it basically can do anything the author wants but where he cant find a legit way to make it possible :)

Damage3245 said:
When did Food Luck negate Knocking?
the time after neo ate midora hand, it first didnt grow back due to midora being knocked or some other hax of neo,

than it grow back thanks to gourmet luck after neo/acaica was defeated...

GreatestSin said:
Damage3245 said:
When did Food Luck negate Knocking?
the time after neo ate midora hand, it first didnt grow back due to midora being knocked or some other hax of neo,
than it grow back thanks to gourmet luck after neo/acaica was defeated...

No, it didn't grow back because it was eaten by Acacia (who had the power of Neo).

It grew back later because Neo vomited back out everything he's ever eaten, which would include Midora's hands. So Midora's regen naturally took effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back