• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Toriel because her stats are likely far higher.

I also think her use of magic gives her a massive range edge over Pearl's relatively pathetic ranged attacks, as they are are more numerous and far less predictable than Pearls straightforward bolts. Toriel is the same person who effortlessly flicked Asgore away with 1 ball of magic when at least somewhat serious.

So IMO Toriel 9/10

The great ZZ said:
1) holo dupilcates of herself
2) 1000 years experience

3)high stamina
1) I don't think she ever used against someone as strong as Toriel

2) Toriel is immortal, so we don't have a clue how old Toriel is.

3) Toriel has immensely high stamina sooo...

Isn't Toriel a LOT faster? I doubt Pearl is going to touch her with a thousand clones.

1) I don't think she ever used against someone as strong as Toriel
2) Toriel is immortal, so we don't have a clue how old Toriel is.

3) Toriel has immensely high stamina sooo...

1) That doesn't mean she has use it

2) Toriel can be killed

3) I think Pearl has a little bit more stamina

Yeah, forgot to read that, anyway, I don't know that much about either series, but Toriel can knock away Asgore with a single fireball, never mind the storms of fireballs she's able to create. I don't think Holo-Pearls are doing much here.

The great ZZ said:
2) Toriel can be killed
Immortal as in doesn't age.

Also, Pearl and Toriel should be equal in stamina IMO, both can go on for just about ever and can operate at prime effectiveness up unless they are absolutely killed or are hit by someone far stronger than they are, so it's pretty much a non issue.

I still say Toriel takes this due to range.

Sirius The EM Troll said:
One semi-serious blast from Toriel blasted Asgore off the screen, while Pearl's lasers did nothing to Amethyst.
Pearl wasn't serious in that fight she said she didn't want to fight.

Toriel held back somewhat against Asgore too. She wasn't out to kill him, just subdue him, similar to Pearl, and Toriel did in one hit what several strikes and shots from Pearl couldn't, sooo...

Toriel held back somewhat against Asgore too. She wasn't out to kill him, just subdue him, similar to Pearl, and Toriel did in one hit what several strikes and shots from Pearl couldn't, sooo...
Well Toriel caught him off guard and Amethyst is pretty durable.

True, but I still am more impressed with what Toriel has done.
I see your stand point this but since steve universe isn't over yet Pearl and the Gems could be upgraded.

The real cal howard said:
Wait. How does Toriel have a better range? We only see her fight in a corridor, so that's like, a few metres.
well, rather several dozen and while pearl can also attack at range she is far more proficient at a closer range while toriel is far more proficient at longer ranges.

I mean, how is Toriel gonna hurt Pearl? Low 6-B vs High 6-B. And those attacks do follow a pattern. And since this is U-Tale, Game Mechanics are canon. Pearl is known to be the smartest of the CGs, so she'd likely figure it out and get in close enough to use her superior stats to win.

I mean, how is Toriel gonna hurt Pearl? Low 6-B vs High 6-B. And those attacks do follow a pattern. And since this is U-Tale, Game Mechanics are canon. Pearl is known to be the smartest of the CGs, so she'd likely figure it out and get in close enough to use her superior stats to win.
Either that or she outlasts Toriel with her superior stamina and takes her out then

WeeklyBattles said:
Either that or she outlasts Toriel with her superior stamina and takes her out then

it seems to have been assumed that Toriel was holding back greatly when fighting Frisk and blowing Asgore away. Aditionally don't discredit Toriel's inteligence as she was the brains behind the entire monster kingdom up until she left for the ruins

It's not like she has a lot of fighting intelligence. Her only known battles are vs Frisk, and vs Asgore, and the latter was a sneak attack.

It's not like she has a lot of fighting intelligence. Her only known battles are vs Frisk, and vs Asgore, and the latter was a sneak attack.

but, she also probably fought in the war against the humans to some extent as did Asgore and uses very similar competent battle strategies to Asgore's; who, according to multiple in game sources, is a very skilled fighter.

Problem is, she lost. In Pearl's war, which should've lasted longer as it was a battle of immortals, she won. And if Asgore was so skilled, how come he lost to a little boy? Yeah, yeah, determination and all that jazz, but it's really just a matter of dodging, which Pearl is capable of as seen in her battle with the much more unpredictable Sugilite.

She's even known to be smarter than Asgore.
Intellect doesn't always translate to fighting ability. i.e: Alphys is smarter than Undyne, though the latter is vastly stronger than the former. Goku is the prime example of fighting ability, as with most shonen heroes.

Problem is, she lost. In Pearl's war, which should've lasted longer as it was a battle of immortals, she won. And if Asgore was so skilled, how come he lost to a little boy? Yeah, yeah, determination and all that jazz, but it's really just a matter of dodging, which Pearl is capable of as seen in her battle with the much more unpredictable Sugilite.

it took a child with omni-directional flight capabilities to actively dodge Toriel's attacks, also yeah, determination, the thing that meant Agore was never going his all and that the monsters had to fight beings that at full power could destroy universes. that "little boy" went to fight 2-As

@Squid

Frisk's power has nothing to do with what Cal's trying to say.

He's trying to say that Toriel's combat experience is extremely lacking, especially when compared to Pearl, who has somewhere around 8,000 years of experience.

Intellect doesn't always translate to fighting ability. i.e: Alphys is smarter than Undyne, though the latter is vastly stronger than the former. Goku is the prime example of fighting ability, as with most shonen heroes.
but being intellegence does still hold value, a smart indivdual who knows how to fight can fight smart. Also Toriel faced numerous opponents in war that were way beyond her power and survived, Pearl was defeated constantly against opponents above her power.

Frisk can't fly. That's why he needed the jetpack. And Frisk wasn't at max determination, or else ol King Dad woud be that high. The little boy arguement was meant to show intellect, which Frisk (not necessarily Chara) doesn't, or at least shouldn't have a ton of in combat. He's sparing enemies and (in TFS Piccolo voice) dodging, which Pearl is capable of doing. And why would determination signify that asgore wasn't going all out? I know that he wasn't, because of the way he was acting, but neither was Frisk. Frisk is only at max right after the Flowey reset and Asriel showing.

Squid peanut said:
but being intellegence does still hold value, a smart indivdual who knows how to fight can fight smart. Also Toriel faced numerous opponents in war that were way beyond her power and survived, Pearl was defeated constantly against opponents above her power.
She survived because she was peace loving. And also, most leaders survive in the war, or else problems arise. Also, Pearl still survived against opponents above her power, just like Toriel in more ways than one (both lost), and Toriel is below her in power (again, Low vs High 6-B)

The Everlasting said:
@Squid
Frisk's power has nothing to do with what Cal's trying to say.

He's trying to say that Toriel's combat experience is extremely lacking, especially when compared to Pearl, who has somewhere around 8,000 years of experience.

I was just trying to adress that refering to Frisk as just a little child and that the monsters lost is missleading and ignores just what the monsters were up against.

Squid peanut said:
I was just trying to adress that refering to Frisk as just a little child and that the monsters lost is missleading and ignores just what the monsters were up against.
I understand your point man. I get that Frisk is mega powerful. I just hope you undertale... i mean understand mine.

Frisk can't fly. That's why he needed the jetpack. And Frisk wasn't at max determination, or else ol King Dad woud be that high. The little boy arguement was meant to show intellect, which Frisk (not necessarily Chara) doesn't, or at least shouldn't have a ton of in combat. He's sparing enemies and (in TFS Piccolo voice) dodging, which Pearl is capable of doing. And why would determination signify that asgore wasn't going all out? I know that he wasn't, because of the way he was acting, but neither was Frisk. Frisk is only at max right after the Flowey reset and Asriel showing.

Frisk in combat can fly to some extent, Papyrus actively refers to Frisk's soul as a "floating heart" during the date scene as well as the fact that blue mode forces Frisk to what very much seems to be the ground as a bone is capable of skating on it and a dog walking on it as well as previous encounters that treated the bottom of the battle box as the ground as well.

I wasn't using determination to signify Asgore not going all out, it was to say that low determination Undertale Characters are weaker in every respect and we have only seen toriel in low determination battles, hence "likely far higher" on her page.

Pearl can dodge, but can she dodge very tightly bunched fire attacks that were tricky for someone way shorter then her to dodge.

Back