• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Stats Equal RPG Characters Tournament (Bad idea edition) (16/16/FULL)

Why hello there F&G forum, it is i, another user.....anyways
Today on the "Topaz's Bad Tournament" show, we have one based around the lovely RPG/JRPG characters
The protagonist, the antagonist, that one random NPC, all are welcome

But with some stipulations
All stats equal (AP, Dura, Speed, etc). Tournament classic
Hax will be capped to High, unless sufficient reason is given (please read this (and make your character possible to kill thanks))
While suggesting characters, please also suggest locations. (optional)
2 characters per verse, along with 2 characters per person
SBA for everything else

The Bracket!

The contestants!:
1. Sans
2. Ninjask
3. The Archon
4. The Future Warrior (Saiyan)
5. Binah (Librarian)
6. Ness
7. Queen
8. Anna (EBF5)
9. NoLegs the Cat (EBF5)
10. Death
11. Byleth Eisner
12. Raiden Shogun
13. Mewtwo
14. Kamek
15. The Player (DBZ Dokkan)
16. The Knight (Hollow Knight)

Last edited:
If I were a stupid jerk, I could suggest Ninjask. Why? Well:

1. Pokemon is a turn-based RPG.
2. Nincada & Ninjask don't get nearly the attention Shedinja does. (Which may be awaiting a revision.)
3. In RPGs, Ice, Electricity & Fire are common & arguably classic elements. Ninjask is weak to all 3 & then some.
4. Stats Equalized is crippling to Ninjask, which almost exclusively uses & relies its speed, lol. (Speed Boost aside.)

I'll wait for more input to see what people think about this suggestion, though.

Last edited:
Will look through these when I can, but Ninjask might be fine because there’s nothing that won’t stop it from using Speed Boost for amps

Also Pokémon being turn base doesn’t matter much, le bug can cause mayhem anyways

Yeah that’s it

Will look through these when I can, but Ninjask might be fine because there’s nothing that won’t stop it from using Speed Boost for amps
There's nothing that won't stop it?
There is not anything that will not stop it?
There is everything that will stop it?

Ergo, everything in this tournament can prevent it Speed Amping?
(Sorry, sorry, just confused.)

Also, for what its worth, Speed Boost is 1 stage per "turn"/round, so only about 1 "move"/action before each boost. 1 stage is 50% of base, & the max is 6 stages, for base (100%) plus 6 stages (300%), totalling to Ninjask being at 4x Speed with all the boosts before Speed Boost can't boost it any further.
But that takes a while & assumes it survives that long, lol.

Hopefully that's appreciable info.

Last edited:
Yeah I made this guy specifically for this tournament

if you get hit, you're ****** if you don't have corruption resistance, and he's got pretty nasty AoEs on him.

I was considering Death, but I'd feel dirty using him considering in-verse he's straight up considered damn near invincible thanks to how hard he is to kill, combine that with skill and versatility, and I'd rather not deal with that!

There's nothing that won't stop it?
There is not anything that will not stop it?
There is everything that will stop it?

Ergo, everything in this tournament can prevent it Speed Amping?
(Sorry, sorry, just confused.)

Also, for what its worth, Speed Boost is 1 stage per "turn"/round, so only about 1 "move"/action before each boost. 1 stage is 50% of base, & the max is 6 stages, for base (100%) plus 6 stages (300%), totalling to Ninjask being at 4x Speed with all the boosts before Speed Boost can't boost it any further.
But that takes a while & assumes it survives that long, lol.

Hopefully that's appreciable info.
Nah its all good, i was typing that out when hella tired.
Ninjask does seem fine for what its worth, its just gonna need to get its speed amps quickly before getting annhilated, but hey- perhaps it can be the underdog everyone appreciates

Yeah I made this guy specifically for this tournament

if you get hit, you're ****** if you don't have corruption resistance, and he's got pretty nasty AoEs on him.

I was considering Death, but I'd feel dirty using him considering in-verse he's straight up considered damn near invincible thanks to how hard he is to kill, combine that with skill and versatility, and I'd rather not deal with that!
yknow if i find someone with decent corruption resistance, im gonna make this guy fight them first right

Nah its all good, i was typing that out when hella tired.
Ninjask does seem fine for what its worth, its just gonna need to get its speed amps quickly before getting annhilated, but hey- perhaps it can be the underdog everyone appreciates
Yeah, I can understand if it's not the best candidate, so I'm somewhat open to changing it later if people have something in mind I like.
yknow if i find someone with decent corruption resistance, im gonna make this guy fight them first right
You don't have a randomized bracket generator?

Yeah, I can understand if it's not the best candidate, so I'm somewhat open to changing it later if people have something in mind I like.

You don't have a randomized bracket generator?
I mean hey, if you wanna swap out Ninjask, nows the time. Sometimes i can appreciate a character that wont walk over everything

As for the second question, i do, but Challonge also lets me manually swap things around before everything starts

I mean hey, if you wanna swap out Ninjask, nows the time. Sometimes i can appreciate a character that wont walk over everything
Noted.
I'll leave it be. I've already researched Ninjask well, & that means it feels "easier" since if/when the time comes to debate with it, I'll know what I'm working with.
More leisurely & all that.

Though, "now"? When not even a quarter of the slots have entries?
As for the second question, i do, but Challonge also lets me manually swap things around before everything starts
Oh, neat!

I recall another tourney I saw used a different site to generate & post an image of Randomized brackets.
Bracket HQ I believe it was called?

Best to swap out characters before everything is set in stone is what i mean, apologies

And yeah, Challonge is hella neat. Should probably be putting in the characters. Ninjask and Sans to start, considering the Archon.....should be fine as long as its not too BS. Thats about it really

Probably gonna pass on this one, sorry koops. Pretty sure he was geared to steamroll the last tournament (which i do want to try and avoid)
They only had one match against someone they had hard counters to last time. Their were a good few peeps last time that could have matched them iirc.

They only had one match against someone they had hard counters to last time. Their were a good few peeps last time that could have matched them iirc.
Hm. Tell ya what, given the hax cap, if you can give a good enough argument ill consider it.
Granted i think the big worry here is Power of Destruction/God Ki/That level of Ki Manip he has in the first place. Everything should be avoidable yes?

Hm. Tell ya what, given the hax cap, if you can give a good enough argument ill consider it.
Granted i think the big worry here is Power of Destruction/God Ki/That level of Ki Manip he has in the first place. Everything should be avoidable yes?
Yeah, PoD can be avoided. Especially since FW only uses in a few moves. God Ki doesn't really give any crazy ability's its mostly resistances.

Fair enough. As long as it's avoidable and FW can die by some means, it technically isnt breaking the rules. Just gotta get someone that can do it before the snowball effect starts coming in
(btw what key for FW?)

Also congrats Reaper Archon is accepted (so i dont look like a fking hypocrite lmao)

Last key? Im assuming OE/Earthling? If its OE the Super Souls are most likely gonna get restricted (unless its just the Earthling key)
Oh, so your asking what race they are? I thought you were asking for their actual keys. Saiyan for now, might swap it to Majin later.

Alright, i may was well submit one of my characters.
Binah (again). Library of Ruina (which is the key i wanna use, Librarian) is an RPG on Steam. If your worried about CM Type 2, thats simply the basis of her attacks, like Hulk's CM Type 1. It can be avoided/blocked as well

Alright, i may was well submit one of my characters.
Binah (again). Library of Ruina (which is the key i wanna use, Librarian) is an RPG on Steam. If your worried about CM Type 2, thats simply the basis of her attacks, like Hulk's CM Type 1. It can be avoided/blocked as well
How's that work?

Could like, a regular real world baseball player block it with a baseball bat or something?

How's that work?

Could like, a regular real world baseball player block it with a baseball bat or something?
It has to do with the clash system in Library of Ruina, basically, if an attack is more power then another attack, the most powerful attack wins out. If an attack cant get through a blocking move/evasion move, the attack wont do anything

Anyway, would Ness' passive Fate/Probability hax be an issue? Because these only prevent him from dying/being permanently stopped from continuing his journey to defeat Giygas, but he can still be beaten up and/or temporairly incapped.

The HDE and AE i will restrict even if its only for his consciousness, for reasons i hope is obvious
As for the Fate Manip? I do typically run incap as an option (which i should put on the OP). Generally i just restrict Fate/Plot/Probability stuff entirely to be safe

He already stomped Sans in the past dw.
I mean, part of why I said what I did was as much for a meme but also because Sans & Ness, as was just indicated, have fought before. I'd be confident more than the other entrants to this tournament so far. If they had a match in it, it might be a bit of a stale concept, you know?

I mean teleport spam and AoE is still nasty lol

Plus there's the fact that you kind of have to resist Corruption from the right sort of thing to resist Archon

I picked a Glass Cannon because I really don't want to deal with surviving everything

I mean teleport spam and AoE is still nasty lol

Plus there's the fact that you kind of have to resist Corruption from the right sort of thing to resist Archon

I picked a Glass Cannon because I really don't want to deal with surviving everything
I mean at the end of the day if they can die they can die so :/

Back