• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Stat Equal RPG Tourney Round 1: Mewtwo vs the Future Warrior (Saiyan) (0-0-0)

a purple and white pokemon with a purple tail is standing on a white background

Following.

So, I'll start this by noting I'm more knowledgeable on the games side of Pokémon so I'm not 100% sure of things Mewtwo does outside of them. So FW outskills in CQC and has many ways to close the distance instantly and combo Mewtwo. Does Mewtwo have any way to deal with FW copying their moves?

Since Mewtwo also has Power Mimicry and is an Extraordinary Genius, while the Future Warrior is rated Genius, I'd say the former has the advantage here.

Pretty sure the hax cap would prevent it (High hax cap)
Pretty sure the hax tiers don't say anything about Power Mimicry and Its not something that can ignore distance to immediately win a match.
Since Mewtwo also has Power Mimicry and is an Extraordinary Genius, while the Future Warrior is rated Genius, I'd say the former has the advantage here.
FW should also have Extraordinary Genius from scaling to Goku who just got EG recently so FW's profile hasn't been updated yet. Also, Mewtwo's is more from smarts then combat IQ iirc.

After checking Mewtwo's profile I think his best moves/abilities are these:

Pressure: Base Mewtwo only. Mewtwo exerts a pressure on the opponent which makes them expend twice as much energy tiring them out twice as quickly. Furthermore, some iterations also include that attacks hitting Mewtwo do less damage, and if under a certain threshold, do nothing at all (not counting effects).
Disable: Mewtwo disables the opponent's last move entirely.
Future Sight: Mewtwo prepares a powerful psychic attack which strikes the opponent later on. It ignores moves like Protect and Detect, meaning barriers and precog don't help against it.
Psych Up: Mewtwo copies the opponent's stat changes.
Power Swap: Mewtwo uses its psychic powers to swap attack and special attack with the opponent.
Guard Swap: Mewtwo uses its psychic powers to swap defense and special defense with the opponent.
Recover: Mewtwo heals itself of any damage it may have received by up to half of its maximum health.
Aura Sphere: Mewtwo draws from its aura and forms it into a light blue sphere which it then fires. It highly difficult to avoid because of its homing properties.
Me First: Mewtwo uses the opponent's intended move before they can.
Counter: Mewtwo reflects any physically based attacks back at the opponent.
Protect: Mewtwo creates a forcefield to protect itself.

Pressure: Base Mewtwo only. Mewtwo exerts a pressure on the opponent which makes them expend twice as much energy tiring them out twice as quickly. Furthermore, some iterations also include that attacks hitting Mewtwo do less damage, and if under a certain threshold, do nothing at all (not counting effects).
Pressure won't be too much of a problem cause FW can handle very taxing forms like SSJ3 and Beast with up to x20 Kaio-ken on top of them and FW is just gonna adapt to it due to being a Saiyan.
Disable: Mewtwo disables the opponent's last move entirely.
FW has a lot of moves so unless Mewtwo spams Disable it won't help much.
Aura Sphere: Mewtwo draws from its aura and forms it into a light blue sphere which it then fires. It highly difficult to avoid because of its homing properties.
FW also has multiple homing attacks and can has a number of ways to block Mewtwo's Aura Sphere.
Me First: Mewtwo uses the opponent's intended move before they can.
FW has plenty of experience dealing with peeps who have their moves so they should notice that Mewtwo is trying to hit them with and counter accordingly.
Counter: Mewtwo reflects any physically based attacks back at the opponent.
FW has dealt with counters that activate from both ranged and physical attacks so they should be able to notice and work around it.

So both seem to resist each other's stuff fully it seems? It is basically a who-beats-who up first and in this case, I will argue for mewtwo. Speed and power swap will swap any stat boosts that FW uses with Mewtwo's own stats. Basically he can steal them. He also has some of his own stat boosts.
Mind hax is equalized it seems (?) so I'll assume layers aren't relevant here.

Mewtwo does have a certain advantage with his attacks however and that is transmutation. His transmutation turns people into stone on contact with his psychic energy. He can cover himself in a barrier of psychic energy and shoot it and if at any point FW gets hit significantly by it he'd end up turned to stone. His resistance is limited so at most he'd be able to fly as a statue but he wouldn't be able to fight seriously. At that point Mewtwo could use it to his advantage to pretty much boost his own stats and destroy FW.

Mewtwo does have a certain advantage with his attacks however and that is transmutation. His transmutation turns people into stone on contact with his psychic energy. He can cover himself in a barrier of psychic energy and shoot it and if at any point FW gets hit significantly by it he'd end up turned to stone. His resistance is limited so at most he'd be able to fly as a statue but he wouldn't be able to fight seriously. At that point Mewtwo could use it to his advantage to pretty much boost his own stats and destroy FW.
FW resists transmutation fully with God Ki so the transmutation won't effect them.

A few other abilities that he can use here:
Barrier: Mewtwo sets up a psychic barrier to sharply boost its physical defense. This also has been used as a forcefield, and some iterations prevent any outside effect, damaging or otherwise (within reason), from affecting Mewtwo as long as it's active.
FW can copy it after seeing it and use it for themselves and can over power Mewtwo's Barrier with time or just use PoD to get rid of it.
Soul Manipulation (Can send souls to other dimensions)
they resist soul manip with god ki.

FW can copy it after seeing it and use it for themselves and can over power Mewtwo's Barrier with time or just use PoD to get rid of it.
Why exactly would he think of doing that? Future Warrior doesn't have Information Analysis so there's no way he would know about the Barrier's effects.

What I meant is he doesn't have the Information Analysis needed to to figure out the barrier effects since all it says in his profile is "(Can see an opponent's skills and abilities with or without the scouter".
They would see Mewtwo's power going up after using Barrier and it doesn't really matter cause if they know what the effects are or not cause their still gonna copy it regardless.

They would see Mewtwo's power going up after using Barrier and it doesn't really matter cause if they know what the effects are or not cause their still gonna copy it regardless.
Well Mewtwo can still bypass it with his Future Sight so it's not really a big deal.

Back