• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top Five Strongest Characters for Every Tier II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yobo Blue said:
I mean, 2-B summons and other thins should put him higher then JoJo characters, and he's currently going against Giorno
What stops GER from just not allowing him to summon his 2-B monsters ?

It seems like he might actually take the 10-A spot with summons (Or at least it would be an argument), but he would have to summon a specific monster before Yogiri says "die" or GER one-shots.

From my limited knowledge on YGO; summoning a monster above 4 stars would take either a ritual, tribute, fusion, syncro, XYZ, or Pendulum.

None of which can be done very fast at all. Unless in the manga Yuya said "F*** the rules!!" and is just normal summoning higher level monsters.

I'm pretty sure Zero Reset falls under time Manipulation, at least partially. I was only really advocating for spot 2 anyway.

YungManzi said:
It seems like he might actually take the 10-A spot with summons (Or at least it would be an argument), but he would have to summon a specific monster before Yogiri says "die" or GER one-shots.

From my limited knowledge on YGO; summoning a monster above 4 stars would take either a ritual, tribute, fusion, syncro, XYZ, or Pendulum.

None of which can be done very fast at all. Unless in the anime Yuya said "F*** the rules!!" and is just normal summoning higher level monsters.
This is Manga Yuya, but outside of a duel those rules don't apply

This is Manga Yuya, but outside of a duel those rules don't apply

Why wouldn't they apply?

And even if they don't apply, he would think they would (At least in the begining), because that's how YGO works.

You can't normal summon high level monsters, so Yuya wouldn't do that.

Anyway, to answer your question, it's a ARC-V thing. They are definitely not limited to the cards or rules. Solid Vision is used regularly outside of duels, including by duelists. Shun uses his Raidraptors to blow up walls and their effects to destroy monsters outside of a duel. Yuya himself summons monsters during a duel that aren't in game summons, but tools for himself, and regularly uses Solid Vision to save people in dangerous situations, grab action cards, create smoke bombs, duplicates of himself, etc. Heck, the whole plot started because G.O.D. (a high level monster that would require summoning materials in game) manifests itself and blows up humanity of its own accord.

8-B should probably have Kumagawa replaced with Medaka Box characters in general. He may sit there simply because he is faster than a good number on the quick draw, but Mogura would debatably be a bigger threat than he is due to her passives and empowerment if he didn't hard counter her. There are others with a similar situation to this as well

Nah Rohan gets hard stomped by GER which is why I argued GER get its own spot. Any action taken against Giorno gets Zero Reset and GER acts even without Giorno being aware of it. if Yuya has to still "Summon" his monsters then It's likely getting reset.

JohnConquest1 said:
Nah Rohan gets hard stomped by GER which is why I argued GER get its own spot. Any action taken against Giorno gets Zero Reset and GER acts even without Giorno being aware of it. if Yuya has to still "Summon" his monsters then It's likely getting reset.
Fate characters stomp other Fate characters hard too. They're still sharing a spot. JoJo shouldn't get special treatment

Yeah but this is one character whose abilities go significantly beyond the rest of the cast, it'd be like saying Hierophant Green is superior to Yuya because GER is superior. Its obviously not true because Kakyoin is nowhere near as busted as those characters.

There are characters in DND and Digimon who would beat SMT characters, and those that wouldn't. JoJo isn't unique.

HAVE beate

But yeah basically to save spots and not have one tier dominated by 5 misc characters from one verse, just put the verse in general where it falls.

I'm not saying their unique I'm saying the gap is that wide. That rating Giorno in place with other characters from the series doesn't make sense because that would again be like saying those characters can beat characters bellow Giorno or can go even with them which obviously isn't true. Should the list be more specific about which of those characters from those should occupy that spot, I guess but yeah dude.

Maybe specify which ones should fall under that definition of upper eschelon or strongest of that general definition like Warhammer has going for 2-B.

@Yobo Blue

You're arguing whether or not he can summon monsters outside of duels. I never disputed that.

My question is if he can normal summon 2-B monsters.

He needs a feat of doing something like that to say he can do it.

It's different because generally you can't normal summon high level monsters.

I haven't seen Arc V, if Yuya does have a feat of normal summoning God-Eyes, then he can be in the conversation.

YungManzi said:
It's different because generally you can't normal summon high level monsters.

I haven't seen Arc V, if Yuya does have a feat of normal summoning God-Eyes, then he can be in the conversation.
>Literally gives list of reasons why he doesn't have to abide by Yu-Gi-Oh rules and a high level monster manifesting without tributes

>Gets ignored

Hmm some corrections:

In 8-B, put "Characters from Medaka Box" instead of just misogi as there are a lot of MB 8-B's that take spots.

I wanna see what Amane Shinomiya can do in 5-C (Likely above Medaka) and 8-C (idk where he sits here or if he even sits here, he only has 3D hax though). In 9-A he likely beats The Player.

Literally gives list of reasons why he doesn't have to abide by Yu-Gi-Oh rules and a high level monster manifesting without tributes
^^^Which doesn't matter if Yuya himself didn't summon it.

Except it's not as if Yuya's tech is any different. If anything, he has greater access since he essentially rooted his own duel disk. Your trying to arbitrarily choose and pick rules that Yuya supposedly has to abide by despite there being no precedent for it.

Firephoenixearl said:
Hmm some corrections:
In 8-B, put "Characters from Medaka Box" instead of just misogi as there are a lot of MB 8-B's that take spots.

I wanna see what Amane Shinomiya can do in 5-C (Likely above Medaka) and 8-C (idk where he sits here or if he even sits here, he only has 3D hax though). In 9-A he likely beats The Player.
I'll do the Medaka thing, but you should probably make the matches with the ones in 5-C - starting with the weakest to the strongest.

Warren Valion said:
I'll do the Medaka thing, but you should probably make the matches with the ones in 5-C - starting with the weakest to the strongest.
Well he passively stomps Medaka due to his bullshit fate hax, probability, causality and power null.

I'm not picking and choosing rules, I'm saying Yuya can't do something he's literally never done before.

Even if he could normal summon God Eyes, what is there to suggest he would do so before Yogiri and Giorno hax him to death?

The reason why characters in upper tiers are probably best left off clumped together anyways is for the very reason of them being multiple degrees of infinity that're hard to exactly quantify.

For Jojo we're talking one character with an ability like that in a sea of characters who aren't even on that level. I get not having too many characters from the same series but It'd be ridiculous if characters like Kakyoin or Kira were ranked higher than other characters who can clearly beat them because Giorno is better.

YungManzi said:
I'm not picking and choosing rules, I'm saying Yuya can't do something he's literally never done before.
Even if he could normal summon God Eyes, what is there to suggest he would do so before Yogiri and Giorno hax him to death?
No, thats exactly what its called when you try to assume he has to follow a rule from a rule set that he's ignored and no one else follows unless they want to.

Nothing much. Hence why hes at best spot 2.

I think GER being separate is fine. Look at how The Emperor of Mankind is apart from the other 40K 4-Bs, since he stomped Oryx via tier 1 resistances that the others just don't have.

Wokistan said:
I think GER being separate is fine. Look at how The Emperor of Mankind is apart from the other 40K 4-Bs, since he stomped Oryx via tier 1 resistances that the others just don't have.
Depends. Oryx separated Emperor from the others in that case. But i think there are several Jojo's besides GER that are in a line there.

Firephoenixearl said:
Well he passively stomps Medaka due to his bullshit fate hax, probability, causality and power null.
Probably, but I feel like Yhwach can beat him with his own Power null.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back