• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 spookiest Characters for each tier

Just wondering, but reasoning? The profile doesn't make him seem scary but I duuno anything about him

Huh. Neat.

Gongsun Wan'er for High 6-B perhaps? The first we see of her is in a desolate pocket realm in the form of a little girl, where she's awakened and starts sucking the life out of almost everyone she comes across, leaving them a dancing empty husk. She then torments the main character by regularly appearing near him and attempting to suck out his soul the entire time. Finally when he escapes that realm, she does as well and starts going around his world killing off people by draining them of life. She's completely undetectable when doing this and when seen, has a skinned body she treats as a doll.

That and for a while, all that's known about her is that she's the piece of a powerful entity from outside their world.

John Kramer above Light Yagami. Light kills people quickly, Kramer on the other hand tortures his victims both physically and mentally in absolutely horrific ways.

Also, I know almost nothing about Ougi Oshino, but Gravemind is probably above her.

Why the hell is Maria Ushiromiya No. 2 at Tier 0? She's like, the least spooky Tier 0 (ffs, look at her profile).

Maria is very creepy actually especially in the fisrt episode but I am sure that Yog sould be higher than her. Anyway Maria sould be in 10C too

She's not lol. From what I've played, she always just laughs and acts "creepy" but really isn't. Yog Sothoth looks 10 times more spooky.
Yog-Sothoth is a far more terrifying concept. The idea that all that is and isn't is just a part of an uncaring omnipotent deity is a lot more more scary than loli God.

Amygdala for 5-A, given history how damn creepy they are in the already-disturbing world of Bloodborne
Void and Idea of Evil for High 7-C, 7-B, and 7-A, both for their designs and what they represent within the world of Berserk
Guts for 8-A, for how goddamn scary he can get, and how often he borders on tipping over into evil
Molag Bal and Hermaeus Mora for High 1-B, for how disturbing their designs are and just how ****** up they can act.

Last edited:
Diavolo . Almost everything about him is scary tbh. His birth condition, name, mental condition, eyes, knowledge about souls and the ability to control his own e.g. immediately knowing Bruno could only see souls and giving some of his to Doppio. , and of course; King Crimson itself. Though he might not qualify here, he is still spooky.

One for 4-B I have, not sure about objectively, but one character that always unnerved me was majin buu, mostly because how he killed people in the show. Like his candy ability kinda creeped me out for some reason, also this scene is a fairly brutal death.
Another one, his time for 9-B would be the thing from The Thing by John Carpenter. It's assimilation ability is really freaky

I'd like Norwe for High 1-A, his first interaction with the main cast has him turn the MC to melting paint, seal another characters eyes and mouth by sewing them up with beams of light, make someone cough up flowers and go mad, and configure another character into lumps of metal. Before any of them could react. Pretty scary if I say so myself.

Azathoth and Yog-Sothoth should probably be replaced with Characters from the Cthulhu Mythos for No. 1 Tier 0. Probably No. 1 High 1-A as well considering they're the icons of cosmic horror.

Nyarlathotep should be removed from 1-A, since he's High 1-A/0 now. He'd fit in 5-A though.

Tenma Sukuna should be removed from High 1-A and be moved to 1-A as of the downgrades.

Back