• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 spookiest Characters for each tier

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Basically what the title says. Who do you think is objectively the scariest character for each tier

1. Characters from the Cthulhu Mythos
2. JUDY
3. Anu
4. Maria Ushiromiya
5. The Creator (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)

High 1-A

1. Characters from the Cthulhu Mythos

1-A

1. Tenma Sukuna
2. Pennywise (Canon)

Low 1-A

High 1-B
1. The Numidium

1-B

High 1-C

1-C

Low 1-C

2-A

2-B

2-C

Low 2-C
1. Giygas
2. Nyarlathotep (Persona)
3. Nyx (Persona)
4. Tetsuo Shima (Movie)
5. Yugol

High 3-A

1. Spooky

3-A

3-B

3-C

4-A

1. Star Dream
2. Gaunter O'Dimm
3. Zero Two (Kirby)
4. Zero (Kirby)
5. Gongsun Wan'er

4-B

1. Jenova

High 4-C

4-C

Low 4-C

High 5-A

5-A

1. Nyarlathotep
2. Amygdala
3. Gongsun Wan'er

5-B

1. AM (I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream)

Low 5-B

5-C

High 6-A

6-A

High 6-B

1. Gongsun Wan'er

6-B

High 6-C

6-C

High 7-A

1. Pennywise (Canon)
2. Keiji Mogami

7-A

7-B

1. Gaunter O'Dimm

Low 7-B

High 7-C

7-C

1. Fiddlesticks
2. Freddy Krueger

Low 7-C

8-A

1. Hisoka

8-B

High 8-C

1. The Dunwich Horror
2. Ougi Oshino
3. Gravemind

8-C

1. Envy
2. Cioccolata
3. Diavolo

9-A

1. Freddy Krueger
2. Hare-Wolf

9-B

1. Pennywise (Canon)
2. Freddy Krueger
3. Slappy (Books)

9-C

1. Animatronics from FNAF 4

10-A

1. Light Yagami
2. John Kramer

10-B

10-C

1. Kyubey
2. Cheap Trick
3. Green and Black Poison Dart Frog

11-A

1. White Face
2. Soul Sucking Death Worm
3. SCP-3145
4. Buttercup (Horse Destroys the Universe)
5. Bill Cipher

11-B

11-C

1. SCP-2747
2. Snakebite

Last edited:
Huh. This is an interesting thread idea.

11-B only has Disembodied Thought, King of Lineland, Queens of Lineland, Sandman (SCP), so some variety of those

Likewise, 11-C only has Irotsuki, Monarch of Pointland, SCP-2747, Snakebite (SCP), Caroline (SCP), though I suppose Snakebite would technically be the scariest, being a serial killer?

For 11-A, I'd probably say Bill Cipher, Buttercup (Horse Destroys the Universe), SCP-3145, Soul Sucking Death Worm, White Face

Also, Azathoth (Cthulhu Mythos) for tier 0

Last edited:
Huh. This is an interesting thread idea.

11-B only has Disembodied Thought, King of Lineland, Queens of Lineland, Sandman (SCP), so some variety of those

Likewise, 11-C only has Irotsuki, Monarch of Pointland, SCP-2747, Snakebite (SCP), Caroline (SCP), though I suppose Snakebite would technically be the scariest, being a serial killer?

For 11-A, I'd probably say Bill Cipher, Buttercup (Horse Destroys the Universe), SCP-3145, Soul Sucking Death Worm, White Face

Also, Azathoth (Cthulhu Mythos) for tier 0
Could u put it in order?

11-A was in order.

But as for the others, there really isn't an order. Most just aren't scary entities. SCP-2747 should probably be above Snakebite however, now that I look at the profile again

11-A was in order.

But as for the others, there really isn't an order. Most just aren't scary entities. SCP-2747 should probably be above Snakebite however, now that I look at the profile again
White face is definitely more scary than all of the people in 11A so how is he the lowest

No you're right. It was entirely my mistake for not reading past the summary .-.
But nah, the order could definitely use some work from someone more familiar

Yeah Giygas should definitely be up there (IMO he'd probably be 1st place in Low 2-C), even if it is an overrated suggestion. The first thing you see is the Devils Machine, which if walking through a flesh like tubes with a disturbing theme to go along that trail wasn't already disturbing enough, the machine projects an image of Ness which may make the Player feel a little confused and unease. After going through the Devils Machine phase, you get is what is described to be the embodiment of evil that became detached from sanity and reality itself, merely existing as its own dimension, a dimension of darkness to be exact. To me, I believe Giygas is supposed to represent the moment when a child loses their own innocence since the character was inspired by the creators own imagination when he had walked into the wrong movie which was pretty NSFW in his eyes. The theories made around Giygas is pretty disturbing too since it is depicted by his own shape and form, along with his broken line of dialogue that seems to suggest that he has an obsession over Ness. Did I mention his boss theme? It isn't even a theme at all, it's just completely beyond any forms of description. He presumably even had an unused Theme in Mother 3, which in itself is pretty disturbing along with its significance in the actual story. That and also his attacks, which cannot be properly perceived by the mind of a living Universe. I think all of that would be enough to warrant the 1st place spot in Low 2-C.

Last edited:
Gaunter O'Dimm and can't think of a character that comes close. (7-B or 4-A, you choose)

His identity is unknown, we don't know if he's a demon, a cosmic entity, a djinn or whatever. One thing we know about him is that you can't get rid of him. However won't kill you, he will grant you a wish for some price. And he'll know for what price.

We can see that he's watching Geralt throughout the story many times and that he always knows what he does. He appears and disappears whenever he wants to, we already meet him at the beginning of vanilla game and we don't know of his identity yet, he just shares a drink with Geralt, trades info and instantly disappears. It feels just like he's all-seeing and nearly nothing escapes his sight. He even breaks the fourth wall sometimes, staring at you through your monitor. Creepy shit.

The most frightening thing about Gaunter is how real he feels, he looks like your everyday humble road trader and normally even behaves like one, but your life will turn into living hell if you find out his true self and then trade with him. If you make a wish, you will have to pay price (usually fate worse than death, but you won't know.), though your wish will be twisted. For example, if you'd ask him for world peace he will most likely kill the entire human race, or to take away your sadness, he'll remove your abillity to feel emotions. He's the root of all evil in the world but it's worth noting he's not causing all the evil himself but the rotten wishes from people that were trading with him. That's what makes him so creepy, he is not some generic evil mastermind, but a genuinely mysterious being that will destroy your life if you do a slightest mistake in his contract and not fulfill it. His storyline with Olgierd von Everec and overall in Heart of Stone was incredible and I always felt shivers down my spine and danger when he's appeared. There's much more spooky things about him considering how detailed his actions were, but that were the most important parts of what made him so spooky.

Last edited:
Kyubey (10-c) is pretty spook. he is pretty unkillable and unnoticeable, invisible and you wouldn't notice even if he was in the sink you're using. if you could see him odds nobody you know could. he regularly creates magical girls until they turn into also invisible monsters so he can harvest despair, letting quite a few people die in the process. and since he doesn't have emotion he just doesn't care. no matter what happens, like torturing young girls or letting earth be destroyed, if he gets something out of it he's okay with it

Kyubey (10-c) is pretty spook. he is pretty unkillable and unnoticeable, invisible and you wouldn't notice even if he was in the sink you're using. if you could see him odds nobody you know could. he regularly creates magical girls until they turn into also invisible monsters so he can harvest despair, letting quite a few people die in the process. and since he doesn't have emotion he just doesn't care. no matter what happens, like torturing young girls or letting earth be destroyed, if he gets something out of it he's okay with it
He looks so cute but wtf

Hm. Writer does seem scarier tho. The idea that we're all just pieces of fiction on a blank piece of paper and having our fates and lives being controlled by a writer does seem more frightening than the creator

Hm. Writer does seem scarier tho. The idea that we're all just pieces of fiction on a blank piece of paper and having our fates and lives being controlled by a writer does seem more frightening than the creator
pretty sure writer only considers dc fiction and not us. In a way for the dc Universe we are all Tier 0 arent we?

Fair point. But I meant to say how the writer would be like to us if we were in the perspective or in the DC verse.

Yeah Giygas should definitely be up there (IMO he'd probably be 1st place in Low 2-C), even if it is an overrated suggestion. The first thing you see is the Devils Machine, which if walking through a flesh like tubes with a disturbing theme to go along that trail wasn't already disturbing enough, the machine projects an image of Ness which may make the Player feel a little confused and unease. After going through the Devils Machine phase, you get is what is described to be the embodiment of evil that became detached from sanity and reality itself, merely existing as its own dimension, a dimension of darkness to be exact. To me, I believe Giygas is supposed to represent the moment when a child loses their own innocence since the character was inspired by the creators own imagination when he had walked into the wrong movie which was pretty NSFW in his eyes. The theories made around Giygas is pretty disturbing too since it is depicted by his own shape and form, along with his broken line of dialogue that seems to suggest that he has an obsession over Ness. Did I mention his boss theme? It isn't even a theme at all, it's just completely beyond any forms of description. He presumably even had an unused Theme in Mother 3, which in itself is pretty disturbing along with its significance in the actual story. That and also his attacks, which cannot be properly perceived by the mind of a living Universe. I think all of that would be enough to warrant the 1st place spot in Low 2-C.
Yeah, there is an unused theme for him in Mother 3.

Why are three literal waffle dudes more scarier than a thing that you have no idea what is, ruins your whole life with literal snap of his fingers, grants your wish but not your desire, grants a fate worse than death, ******* makes you blind and have nightmares for rest of your life, literally tortures you for even knowing his true name

Not saying that Gaunter needs to be above Zero, Zero-Two, and Star Dream but why are they above him?

Yeaah, if it's a top it will be redpilled to have Gaunter first ngl

I first thought that Zero Two means THAT Zero Two and was really confused tho, like what the ****

Gaunter should be above Zero and Zero-Two, but not Star Dream. The latter messed with someone's head to make his company go around galaxies conquering planets, mechanizing them, exploiting their resources for them until using them up to then move on to other planets and repeat the process, Star Dream deemed all natives of those planets as savages (regular people) and leaded the company to eliminate them, or turn into cyborgs to mind control them and make them work for the company. Later Star Dream became sentient, called all life-forms a liability and went to eradicate all of them in existence, all while being a planet-sized face of a cat. The worst part is that this isn't some evil monster or a simply crazy character, but a being who influenced a competent military empire with fellow geniuses & full of futuristic technology, and they now so happen to have an ideology that screws over everyone, which carried over for someone to recreate that company and re-do most of the same atrocities, their customers letting them roll with it 'cause who's gonna stop them?

Back