• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toneri's calc is obviously WRONG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the majority of the OP's arguments were debunked too. Votes are irrelevant when what you agree is being questioned

He literally ignored what everyone said and just said things that have already been answered. He agrees is not relevant at all when he does not give an explanation.

He literally answered several post in this thread such as the madara downgrade which he rejected and explained, the sasuke feat which he also explained why it's not acceptable. I don't understand what you mean by didn't read the arguments when all the arguments are just his arguments that he made in the past and now disagrees with.

I'll do so. @IMade. Kep was the only reason it got through in the first place and now that he disagrees, yeah...

All irrelevant. This has nothing to do with the post. We are talking about the Toneri's speed calc and not that of Madara or Sasuke. Honestly, he disagrees now is totally irrelevant.

Just read what they write, have said several times that the arguments have not been answered.

Do you at least read what others write? Kep disagreeing is irrelevant if he does not refute the previous arguments. There is no reason to edit profiles, nothing has been approved

Honestly this does seem like a pretty big attempt to hold onto Relativistic. Kep doesn't agree when it anymore and now disagrees with it. I pointed this out earlier, if the user who's responsible for the argument he made no longer agrees with said argument then its rather self explanatory.

Nothing was approved. If it were already, it would have been applied. Most of the post's arguments have been rebutted. Again, profiles should not be updated. You did not even answer me about Kep not refuting anything about the old arguments. Honestly, just stop. This has not been approved and probably will not be

It does not matter if he disagrees, if he did not give reasons it's irrelevant.

What part of that can not you understand?

I think you're the one who doesn't understand M3X. The majority of the thread has users and staff disagreeing with the calc. One of which was the user who got it approved in the first place. Simply dismissing everything that's happened on this thread strikes me as grabbing for straws and bias. Again, the majority of users on the thread all agree that the calc is wrong and even Kep himself agreed with throwing it out.

Kep doesn't need to refute HIS OWN ARGUMENTS. If he doesn't believe in them, he doesn't believe in them and they become invalid. Case closed. I've re-read the arguments in the thread. Everything after Kep is a variation of "The meteor showed up immediately after Toneri finished his warning so it must've come after he finished the warning," ignoring one, that would mean Toneri ended the conversation and within a fraction of a fraction of a second, sent the meteor (which yes, he can do at his current speed, but that's clearly not what's trying to be portrayed), two, the meteor is visible while Toneri is disappearing, and three, Toneri's warning makes more sense with the meteor being sent prior.

"Nothing was approved. If it were already, it would have been applied."

I recall the Pokemon downgrades to 7-A taking literal months before implemented despite previous acceptance so this statement is false.

@Rin

How relevant are the votes when what they agree is being questioned and even refuted? Absolutely nothing. They could have hundreds of people agreeing on the same thing, if it was quoted and proven to be wrong (as was the case here) then the votes are invalid.

@Cal

Yes, KEP NEEDS TO REFUSE THEIR OWN ARGUMENTS. The fact that he does not agree more is IRRELEVANT if he does not even give reasons for it. I do not know what kind of crazy thinking this is. Just because the person no longer agrees with the arguments, are they now invalid even for no reason at all? Ridiculous

This is going in circles with literally the exact same things beig said by the same people

Say something different or drop it in general, repeating one thing after it already doesn't work makes no sense

And why do I need to refute my own arguments if I believe their wrong exactly? You say its hard to understand yet don't bother explaining why.

But who needs to explain things are who says the arguments are invalid. I could put up a huge argument about anything that nobody refuted for months, but only for I disagree for no reason are they invalid? Come on, explain why arguments are invalid even though they are not being refuted

"I think it's fine to downgrade the Toneri calc, mostly due to the fact that the timeframe is arbitrary. The meteor would only start being visible once it crossed the higher atmosphere either way, so the timeframe we have would already make it lower."

"I mean, you could recalc it, the problem is that the result wouldn't come even close to Relativistic.
We still have Sub-Rel feats so that's what they'd go back to."

"I think it's fine to downgrade the Toneri calc, mostly due to the fact that the timeframe is arbitrary. The meteor would only start being visible once it crossed the higher atmosphere either way, so the timeframe we have would already make it lower."

-Kepekley23

Yes. Total lack of reasoning. Even if it weren't, the only way you'd have a point is if Kep agreed with someone else's arguments and didn't make his own. Disagreeing with your arguments can indeed make them bunk. This isn't politics where disagreeing with your arguments changes someone else's world view who agreed with you. This was "I believe x to have been true at one point of time, now I don't."

Nobody even refuted the calc being faulty. The whole argument for the side against the downgrade is just "but Kep said he agreed with it in the past."

M3X said:
at 11:47 in the movie and before toneri first came, we have been told that the moon is already falling

there were already meteorites falling

No. The first meteor was the one calculated, sent by Toneri. Before that there was no piece of moon falling on Earth, literally none. The scene you show is just a hypothesis of what would happen if the moon came to a certain distance near Earth. Its said "I belive". In addition, we see almost all the meteors falling on Earth during the movie

1_there is nothing to suggest that toneri sent it..there were already meteorites falling towards earth long before toneri came..that's head cano

Read above

2_why did u assume that the meteorite crossed the earth in 5 seconds while the first frame we could see it was the moment toneri stared to disapper?it's have already intered the earth's atmosphere at the point

Can you prove that the meteor has already entered our atmosphere at that moment? We see the meteor at 20:55, when it starts to go, and at 21:00, it has already arrived on Earth

3_even hinata was watching the meteorite falling..unless it's oUtLiEr FeAt FoR hInAtA

The worst of all. This is not an argument that can be used, in addition to being an outlier for her, this is not a criteria for evaluating a calculation. Everyone can see the fight between Guy and Madara even though both are dozens of times faster
^

This one, right?

Wrath Of Itachi said:
No one has debunked the reasons that got the calc accepted in the first place.
no ne gave any good reason to debunked this

assuming that Toneri sent the meteor after warning is also most reasonable

i mean

attack first than warn i will kil u = doesn't make seance

normally

people warn first than attack not other-way around

@cal

timeframe is fine

only thing we had problem with.................................when meteor was sent by toneri

after or before warning

asuming that Toneri sent the meteor after warning is also most reasonable

i mean

attack first than warn i will kil u = doesn't make seance

normally

people warn first than attack not other-way around

and i gave my reason so other should debunked my reason b4 downgrades

People are still attempting to upgrade Naruto from Part 2 in 2019... the results won't really matter because everyone has their own take on the feats.

Don't want to come in a Naruto Downgrade thread but some things are pretty odd:

• Firstly, We just see the Meteors coming into the Earth atmosphere without more proof that it indeed traveled to the moon and come in the atmosphere. I can understand that people can say that "but that make no sense if he dosn't throw this meteor from the moon" but in my opinion, if we have more divergent opinions, it's better to use the Distance to the Earth Atmosphere for being sure.
  • Secondly, We can also see that the Earth has a moon debrits ring in the Movie, we can also suggest that Toneri throwed the meteors from this ring.
The other argument i can see is about the visual speed but it doesn't make sense in fiction. as we can see above, there is too many assumption, in my opinion we need to use a safe end and use the distance to earth atmosphere.

Screenshot 20190401-003256
I also have the problem with toneri slicing the moon feat, they assume the moon slice apart 50km, but it didn't look like 50km here

What I've read from the OP is assuming that Toneri didn't send it....but how do u know he didn't send it? it can also be assumed that he actually did send the meteor the moment he disappeared

The issue I'm seeing is that even if he did send it, we only have a time-frame for when it entered the atmosphere where it was demonstrably much slower than the current speed rating.

It's pretty safe to assume the meteor was sent after he told them he was going to attack him

Why is it safe to assume that? The only time we see the meteor is after it had entered the atmosphere. Why assume a result that's thousands of times higher than what we see.

I honestly don't see any reason to assume the meteor crossed that much distance in such a short timeframe when it's blatantly much slower once it actually becomes visible, I don't believe its fair to dismiss the latter showing of its descent as "cinematic timing" when the idea of the meteor moving faster is purely conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back