• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toneri's calc is obviously WRONG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kepekley23 said:
> You're right that its not possible for it to drop if he was out of atmosphere, but my argument is that the headpiece proves he wasn't out of atmosphere. The moon being that big was just an artistic liberty.No, we know that Madara must have flown out of the atmosphere since he flew farther than his CTs, the farthest of which were thousands of kilometers away. Either way the headband falling back to the Earth makes absolutely no sense and even if it did, it would have flown much, much farther away from that spot, so it isn't an argument.
How do we know though? The meteors have stuff like this that shows they're not out of atmosphere (they don't even produce the air friction effects that a meteor normally would). We also have extremly visible shots of the land in the background when Madara was done flying.

Nothing here supports him flying that high besides the size of the moon, which could easily just be an over emphasis of an object.

However as said before this is off topic. I know that you'll make a counter argument, but I'll save my response for that for whenever the Madara meteor thing comes into question in some later CRT.

I feel like stuff like that is too picky and overly caring about details

Considering the majority of the verse would scale to this feat, it needs to be examined in a very focused and overly caring way.

"How do we know though? The meteors have stuff like this that shows they're not out of atmosphere"

This is already AFTER the meteors have already started falling, i'm not sure what your point is here

"We also have extremly visible shots of the land in the background when Madara was done flying."

This has already been adressed repeatedly

"Nothing here supports him flying that high besides the size of the moon, which could easily just be an over emphasis of an object."

This would make sense except the manga literally says Madara has to get closer to the moon, so we know for a fact that he did fly to the moon, and we know the distance because you know...as you get closer to something it gets bigger, that's how angular sizing works.

This would make sense except the manga literally says Madara has to get closer to the moon, so we know for a fact that he did fly to the moon

For future reference, when did they say this.

I would say that shoots of the moon being abnormally large in fiction should always be taken as a creative liberty as opposed to evidence of the mooon being closer/ a character being close to it.

But if there is mention of him traveling close to the moon I think it's fair to take the scene at face value.

That is my last response comment. After his response I'm not going to mention anything about Madara's flight until a proper CRT is made for it.

Qawsedf234 said:
This would make sense except the manga literally says Madara has to get closer to the moon, so we know for a fact that he did fly to the moon
For future reference, when did they say this.

Moonsaw

Thanks. Now on topic for the thread, what more needs to be done?

I don't think Kep said that we should keep the calc, but I could be misreading what he wrote.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Dark649 said:
Repeated several times that WPM is not good to use. We talked about it several times, including in the discussion thread. Zero reasons to leave a calc using debunked methods there.
Burning is correct, there was a thread where we discussed and decided to ditch WPM for all calcultions.

There were two huge threads about the toneri calc. And I believe there was one about the madara calc as well. When I have the time I'll look for them and post them here.

The mach 18k Madara one is fine i think

There's a better speed feat for when Sasuke flies close to the moon and returns back to earth in a few panels, making that a higher Sub-Rel feat

What about gai bending space in madara's profile?i remember that it was rejected and it was unquantifiable

Moonsuke
moon size = 212 px
Panel size = 423 px

2atan(tan(70/2)*(212/423))

distance to moon from screen = 7314700 meters

Distance from moon to earth = 384,400,000 meters

384,400,000 - 7314700 = 377085300 meters

I'll assume 10 seconds since it took him 2 pages or less

377085300/10 = 37708530 m/s or Mach 109,907 (Relativistic)

It's essentially the Madara calc but faster since the Madara thing took a chapter and this took a few panels

I think it's fine to downgrade the Toneri calc, mostly due to the fact that the timeframe is arbitrary. The meteor would only start being visible once it crossed the higher atmosphere either way, so the timeframe we have would already make it lower.

Either way, Sub-Relativistic would be the choice.

Lol what

Sasuke at that scene isn't at the moon wtf

Is any character that is standing in the sky looking at the moon is in the moon??

Unless the moon in naruto is 200 meters tall

I don't agree with Sasuke's feat at all. As I have detailed an untold amount of times before, Sasuke did not go anywhere near the Moon. You can see how much he moved in the panel itself. He was only in the Earth's atmosphere.

Kepekley23 said:
I don't agree with Sasuke's feat at all. As I have detailed an untold amount of times before, Sasuke did not go anywhere near the Moon. You can see how much he moved in the panel itself. He was only in the Earth's atmosphere.
Same for madara

But iam going to make a thread for that later

No, Madara was near the Moon. Sasuke not seeing him from his vantage point just goes to show it further.

Welp

If the Toneri and Sasuke one is incorrect then what's the next best feat we're using to scale the verse?

There's mach 22k Toneri's GWR and Naruto's speed, mach 18k Madara, anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back