• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well since AP discrepency isn't that bad and speed is equalized it really comes down to abilities. Spongebob (I would argue) is smarter than Tom and is overall more skilled not to mention bosting more stamina. Gotta go with the Ocean Man.

Tom's getting the grinder

Spongebob doesn't use most of his one-off abilities even when the situation calls for it. Like, there are instances of him being stranded and not using Teleportation...

Maverick Zero X said:
Spongebob doesn't use most of his one-off abilities even when the situation calls for it. Like, there are instances of him being stranded and not using Teleportation...
This is true, but then how do we differentiate between what abilities are "in-character" and which ones aren't? If even under these basic battle standards these abilities will be dismissed as a case of one-off ness then why even include them?

Some abilities are included solely for indexing purposes as opposed to whether or not they're combat applicable.

You can deduce whether or not an ability is in-character based on if the character in question has canonically used said power in combat.

Maverick Zero X said:
Some abilities are included solely for indexing purposes as opposed to whether or not they're combat applicable.
You can deduce whether or not an ability is in-character based on if the character in question has canonically used said power in combat.
That's....odd. I don't understand adding something to a VS profile....if it's not applicable for a VS scenario but ok. Even so Spongebob should still be able to use it given that the argument is Tom just throws him and the context of his using it in canon is to transport from one side of town to the other. If it's not accepted then ok I guess Tom should win via BFR even tho here Spongebob could just walk back.

Mirai-Koichi said:
Maverick Zero X said:
That's....odd. I don't understand adding something to a VS profile....if it's not applicable for a VS scenario but ok. Even so Spongebob should still be able to use it given that the argument is Tom just throws him and the context of his using it in canon is to transport from one side of town to the other. If it's not accepted then ok I guess Tom should win via BFR even tho here Spongebob could just walk back.
i agree, every cartoon character has their fair share of non combat applicable stuff but i guess this wiki has something against spongebob (half kidding)

also i seriously doubt spongebob's stamina is an outlier because he has also stared at a flower for 3 days straight (without blinking)

Back