• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toichiro Suzuki vs Meruem

This is the only other battle I could think of where it isn't a stomp and Meruem's Nen Crush doesn't automatically win. Toichiro Suzuki and all espers possess resistance to mental manipulation, and since Toichiro is one of the strongest espers in the series, his resistance is significantly higher. Therefore, Toichiro would not be affected by the fear or madness manipulation of Meruem's Ren. Even with the limited Death Manipulation, Toichiro could just form a barrier around himself to shield himself from the Ren or just use his telekinesis to push Meruem away so that his Ren couldn't reach him.

This is the only other battle I could think of where it isn't a stomp and Meruem's Nen Crush doesn't automatically win. Toichiro Suzuki and all espers possess resistance to mental manipulation, and since Toichiro is one of the strongest espers in the series, his resistance is significantly higher. Therefore, Toichiro would not be affected by the fear or madness manipulation of Meruem's Ren. Even with the limited Death Manipulation, Toichiro could just form a barrier around himself to shield himself from the Ren or just use his telekinesis to push Meruem away so that his Ren couldn't reach him.
You could put Meliodas against meurem.

I mean, if Meruem lacks a wincon then this is a stomp. Anything he can do?

I mean, if Meruem lacks a wincon then this is a stomp. Anything he can do?
Only thing I see Meruem can even do is range spam with Rage Blast, but I'm pretty sure Toichiro will just shut him up after the first one or two. Plus I'm not sure what Post-Rose Meruem opens up with, since Pre-Rose Meruem almost exclusively does H2H.

Only thing I see Meruem can even do is range spam with Rage Blast, but I'm pretty sure Toichiro will just shut him up after the first one or two. Plus I'm not sure what Post-Rose Meruem opens up with, since Pre-Rose Meruem almost exclusively does H2H.
I mean, Toichirou's range is tens of kilometres so that's not stopping TK think + whatever he feels like pulling out that day.

I mean, Toichirou's range is tens of kilometres so that's not stopping TK think + whatever he feels like pulling out that day.
Oh, it only said "More than 1 kilometer" and Muruem has 3 - 4 km so I thought he outranged.
This kinda is looking like a stomp .-.

Meruem's win con was his speed, but as always, its speed equal. I don't think rage blast was actually very fast, was it? Dunno how the ice works but the other guy has telekenesis so he can instantly win with an invisible attack it seems.

Meruem's win con was his speed, but as always, its speed equal. I don't think rage blast was actually very fast, was it? Dunno how the ice works but the other guy has telekenesis so he can instantly win with an invisible attack it seems.
He instantly encases his target in ice.

Anyway, anyone have an issue with me closing this?

He instantly encases his target in ice.

Anyway, anyone have an issue with me closing this?
Well Meruem can counter being encased in ice by just blowing himself up, similar to how Youpi blew himself up when he was getting used to his power. And couldn’t Meruem break free of telekinesis with enough effort? The AP gap between these two isn’t that large.

Well Meruem can counter being encased in ice by just blowing himself up, similar to how Youpi blew himself up when he was getting used to his power. And couldn’t Meruem break free of telekinesis with enough effort? The AP gap between these two isn’t that large.
Telekinesis is overcome by lifting strength, not power. And Toichirou massively outclasses him in that regard.

if it's not in character for him to use this...
voting meruem by removing the powers of higher than 20% (keys are kinda confusing in this, idk if it's just for me)
if nothing instakills or hurt enough, meruem heals and "outstaminas" the other guy until he get what his weakness says and die for having a strong af headache (or self-destructing, which would count for meruem anyway)

Nen Crush GG.
Toichiro and all espers have mind resistance which allows him to resist the effects of any mental manipulation, including spirits like Dimple who are capable of destroying people's minds with little effort. Since Toichiro is one of the most powerful espers in the series, his resistance would allow him to withstand the madness manipulation and fear manipulation effects of the Nen Crush. He can also create a barrier to protect himself as well.

I wouldn't say so, as it's been established that characters who have mental manipulation resistance can resist categories of mind manipulation such as fear and madness manipulation.
Eyo what? Where did you hear that? I thought we can't just assume mind resistance scales to everything else like fear and madness manip?

Also, Meruem was able to bypass the resistance of a dude to fear manip, why can't he do that here?

Back