• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This revision would focus on two small things:

1. This re-calculation of King Vegeta destroying planets feat got evaluated and the high end was accepted

This affects all Toeiverse DB High 5-As and the current calc would need to be linked to the profiles instead of Amelia's old calculation

That would make all Toeiverse DB characters scale to 1.8 Tenatons of TNT

2. Why are the characters from Toeiverse Namek Saga / Lord Slug movie Low 4-C?

There is absolutely no calc supporting their ratings, and it seems that they're Low 4-C by just upscaling from High 5-A characters.

An exception would be SSJ Bardock, who would still be Low 4-C by using the SSJ multiplier on his base power.

In short:

Low 4-C characters would become "High 5-A" or "At least High 5-A" by being stronger than King Vegeta's feat of 1.8 Tenatons

Bardock = 1.8 Tenatons in base, 90 Tenatons as a Super Saiyan (which would make him Low 4-C+)

I believe Lord Slug got his rating because he fought Kaioken x100 Goku. And Goku's gotten quite a bit stronger than he was in Tree of Might. For reference, Tree of Might Goku has a PL of 30000 in base, which is stronger than he was in Saiyan saga, but weaker than he was in Namek Saga's base.

I believe Lord Slug got his rating because he fought Kaioken x100 Goku. And Goku's gotten quite a bit stronger than he was in Tree of Might. For reference, Tree of Might Goku has a PL of 30000 in base, which is stronger than he was in Saiyan saga, but weaker than he was in Namek Saga's base.
Ok, but this should be noted. Also Kaioken times 100? When was this shown in the movie?

Why The Dragon Ball Z Movies Scale Differently Than The Main Timeline |  DragonBallZ Amino

You have a link for that?

Kaioken 100 is toei verse only, not actually in the main continuity that's why it's inconsistent. But these changes are good I agree except with lord slug thing.

Totally scaling Slug to Frieza is weird, as he would be something like 4-A. But I'm fairly sure they refer to first form Frieza, which would still be consistent and around the same tier.

Just to be clear, Goku with a kaioken times 100 would actually be Star level (180 Tenatons), so if we do scale to Kaioken times 100, this should be taken into account

Though I'm still not sure about it because even in the Frieza Saga it was implied Kaioken times 20 is the maximum limit Goku could do, which is why he needed SSJ to defeat Frieza.

If he could really use Kaioken times 100, this would be twice as strong as Super Saiyan and he wouldn't need the form to beat Frieza.

Not to mention he could've tried using kaioken times 100 in the Cell Saga

The movies really don't tie into the anime with a bevy of continuity errors. There was a thread about this a long time ago, but I don't believe it was ever concluded.

The movies really don't tie into the anime with a bevy of continuity errors. There was a thread about this a long time ago, but I don't believe it was ever concluded.
Yeah I don't remember it being concluded either, but it doesn't matter as of now.

What does matter is that Kaioken times 100 causes a bunch of continuity errors that contradicts the story, since while the anime do some more stuff with filler, it still follows the story of the original manga

The Lord Slug movie introducing Kaio-ken doesn't really impact the anime. According to the Daizenshuu, the movie takes place between Goku's arrival on Namek and Goku's battle with Frieza, which would be impossible to fit into the anime's storyline, since Goku and friends were on Earth, Piccolo was alive, and Vegeta was nowhere to be seen. It's two different continuities.

Like, all movies but 2-3 contradict the anime.

Imho, the kaio-ken x100 could be used, ignoring all the rest, as the Slug movie would impact only on itself.

That's the reason why I mentioned Kaioken 100x being inconsistent, It's strange why they fuse the main anime with the movies like it makes a bunch of continuity errors and plot holes.

yea but then like we'd have to make 20 different versions of goku profiles

thats probably why they did a movie + anime composite profile in the first place

Not entirely sure what the issue with that is? We already have a ton, we could genuinely just have like, 1 movie profile and have it split up into different "keys" which represent each movie if people are willing to do the work.

Yes and we know GT scales to Anime Z goku so you get weird crap like GT scaling to movie canons which are confirmed alternate universes so it doesn't make any sense, I definitely agree on having goku get separate movie and anime profiles. Although we are getting off topic here.

If we ignore the movies, then I'm pretty sure that the Cell Saga stuff becomes 4-B like the manga since the anime early 4-A's are reliant on Broly, unless we heavily backscale from Kid Buu's 4-A feats which would be weird as hell. Also, wouldn't removing the movies from the anime profiles basically remove ssj3 Goku's 3-C feat from Movie 12?

If we ignore the movies, then I'm pretty sure that the Cell Saga stuff becomes 4-B like the manga since the anime early 4-A's are reliant on Broly, unless we heavily backscale from Kid Buu's 4-A feats which would be weird as hell. Also, wouldn't removing the movies from the anime profiles basically remove ssj3 Goku's 3-C feat from Movie 12?

shouldnt broly be 3-B?

He should be, but the wiki only accepts the feats that were shown on screen which are him destroying large portions of a galaxy very quickly. So only 4-A.

Also, Dr. Wheelo's profile also might need fixing. He's High 5-A+ despite Turles not being that, so he might need to be looked at too.

I think the movies should be used as a one side canon, i.e. it's correct to scale the movie characters to the anime but not the opposte thing.

The only exception may be accounting the Garlic Jr. Movie for the anime, due to the connections, and the first Cooler movies for GT, as he appears in the Super 17 arc.

I agree with separating Z TOEI series and OVAs from each other, the movies are even inconsistent with each other (as shown with Janemba and Hildegarn movies, Vegeta was already dead in the former from the "self destruction" against Buu, but in the latter he's alive and is very likely that Buu was already defeated).

I think the movies should be used as a one side canon, i.e. it's correct to scale the movie characters to the anime but not the opposte thing.

The only exception may be accounting the Garlic Jr. Movie for the anime, due to the connections, and the first Cooler movies for GT, as he appears in the Super 17 arc.
This actually sounds pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back