• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru - Stiyl Magnus and other magicians' upgrade + Fixing Kreutune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stiyl Magnus and other magicians' upgrade

So, when completing Toaru's profiles we were a bit stumped with Stiyl Magnus, as he lacks proper destruction feats due to IB. So, we did the next best thing, which was to put him as "at least Small Building level" from one statement in one of the side-stories, despite knowing he should probably be stronger than that. Oriana Thomso now has a page with "Large Building level" AP thanks to DontTalk's calc. Stiyl and Oriana are comparable to each other in terms of magic and succesfully disrupt and block each other's spells. Example taken from Volume 10, Chapter 8 Parts 4 (Oriana uses water magic to block Stiyl's attack and trap him/try to drown him, but he breaks the spell and escapes):

Kamijou and Stiyl were thinking separately about attacking Oriana from both flanks. As the range of the flame sword was longer, Stiyl, who was aiming, was much quicker.

"Hah!!"

Breathing in and making a sharp sound, the flame sword swung downwards.

With a sigh, Oriana tore another flashcard. A water ball the size of a basketball appeared on her right hand. Oriana then proceeded to catch the flame sword with the water ball. There was no explosion. Before that, the water ball on Oriana's hand changed shape, wrapping around Stiyl's flame sword.

"!!"

Just as Stiyl was surprised, the vine made by the water ball wrapped around his wrist, and extended onto his arm, before wrapping around his entire body, from the head to the feet. Stiyl, who was wrapped in a three-centimeter-thick water body, lost his footing and collapsed onto the ground.

[...]

Just as she was about to bite and tear the flashcard…

"IAB (Destroy)!!"

With that sound, Stiyl, who was lying beside Oriana, let the flame sword explode. The water surrounding him scattered in all directions.

And Part 7 (Ice sword vs Flame sword):

She finally tore a flashcard after much difficulty and blocked the flame sword with the ice sword that she created. However, Kamijou knocked into Stiyl's back, and was absolutely merciless towards his own ally. No matter what, it looked like he was attacking Stiyl. With that increase in force, Oriana heavily bent backwards. At that moment, the flame sword that Stiyl continued to use broke.

During the British Civil War it's mentioned that Stiyl's group of Necessarius magicians engaged the Curtana buffed Knights of England in a battle and won without any support (Volume 18 Chapter 6 Part 10), confirming that Stiyl should be stronger than a buffed Knight. Though he nearly dies, he also manages to stall John Pen's Index during the last part of World War III, which is another proof of his strength. Additionally, in the Miracle of Endymion movie Stiyl uses an unboosted one-shot Innocentius (Not the proper summoned regenerating flame Innocentius he usually creates) to destroy one of the Endymion's explosive bolts, which should make him at least Building level from being comparable to Misaka Mikoto's Railgun, which was used to destroy a second bolt.

Because of this, I think Stiyl Magnus' AP should be upgraded to "Large Building level, higher with Innocentius", as there's still no good way to estimate Innocentius' power. If we do this, there's other profiles currently scaled to him or people comparable to him that would also change. Itsuwa and Tatemiya Saiji would also need to have their magic AP and Durability changed to "Large Building level". Gremlin member Jörmungandr would also have his AP similarly upgraded. Finally, Vento of the Front, Cynthia Exment and Freadia Strikers (Just her second key with the special armour) should also be changed to "at least Large Building level", giving that the three should be very superior to Stiyl and/or Itsuwa.

Fixing Fräulein Kreutune

Kreutune's page needs to be fixed. It puts her survivability as being caused by high-tier Regenerationn and actually having a normal human body/human level Durability. This is a mistake, as Kreutune has not displayed Regenerationn. Kreutune's deal is more Invulnerability than Regenerationn. It's wouldn't be strange if she did have regen, don't get me wrong, but so far she hasn't needed Regenerationn because conventional methods can't harm her. I'll post some quotes.

NT5 Chapter 1 Between the Lines 1:

"How dare you…How dare a monster like you speak of our Lord!! We threw you into the lake with your arms and legs bound, we bound you atop of the tower where lightning struck you, and we burned your entire body with fire! And yet you are still able to smile like that! You are clearly a witch!!"

"Oh, kind, kind priest."

I spread my arms as if to welcome in a friend with the intent of accepting everything that entailed.

"Have you run out of trials to put me through? Let's see, there is one thing I would like to check on: now that I have weathered these trials by ordeal without suffering any harm, what are you supposed to do with me?"

NT5 Chapter 2 Part 6:

Gremlin was the group that had caused such a great disturbance in Baggage City and they wanted Fräulein Kreutune "because she was durable". So what exactly would happen to her in their hands?

NT5 Chapter 2 Between the Lines 2:

Fräulein Kreutune.

That woman outlasted 308 of the trials by ordeal that became the basis of the "confession by torture" method that was later often used in witch hunts.

It did not matter if she was left within great flames for hours on end or forced to hold scorching hot stones in her hands.

It did not matter if she was tossed into a spring with her arms and legs bound.

It did not matter if she was tied to the top of a tower and struck by lightning.

It did not matter if she was left in a cell without food or water for over a month.

Not only did she not die, but her expression did not even change much, if at all. That woman's true identity and the trick behind her survival could not be determined simply by calling them legends of the day.

The general form of those trials by ordeal was to put the suspected witch through various ordeals. If she was guilty, god would abandon her and she would be harmed. If she was innocent, god would save her and she would not be harmed.

Later, it was decided that trials by ordeal were testing god which was forbidden, so they changed their methods to simply obtaining confessions by torture. However, the trials by ordeal did achieve some results when it came to Fräulein Kreutune.

Ironically, the judges at the time could only come to one conclusion.

Fräulein Kreutune had not been injured and ergo she was innocent and nothing but a mere human.

NT7 Chapter 5 Part 13 & 16 Accelerator's and Kakine's White Beetles attacks fail to cause her harm:

The #1 Level 5 could manipulate any and all vectors, and now he took action to send Fräulein Kreutune flying back with the same momentum with which she had been charging in their direction.

The human body was not a simple thing.

Just as many different changes could be seen when watching a rubber ball hit a wall in slow motion, extreme burden was put on the internal portions of the human body when it was forced into extreme movements. Burdens to the spine could be especially bad, and the question about this strike was whether the damage would stop at just a herniated disk or not.

But for Accelerator, this was being cautious. He was holding back.

If he manipulated the electric currents in the nerves or the flow of blood in the veins, he could cause a human being to literally explode from the inside.

However…

"!!!!!!"

Fräulein Kreutune's back rotated three full times.

Her lower body stayed exactly where it was and her upper body alone spun around.

A horrible sound came from within her body, but not a single drop of blood was shed and her expression did not show an ounce of pain.

(…What? She forced her body to rotate in order to eliminate the backwards momentum!?)

Her body was still twisted around like a spring within her white dress.

And despite what had happened, Fräulein Kreutune did not so much as glance at Accelerator. That #1 monster was of no consequence to her.

[...]

With the sound of a great blast, Fräulein Kreutune's upper body was bent to the side in an L-shape.

With her waist at the center, Fräulein Kreutune's body was bent forcefully to the right. Since her lower body still stood straight up from the ground as before, it was a truly strange sight.

[...]

Accelerator let another kick fly towards Fräulein Kreutune who was still bent. This time she was unable to turn aside the momentum. She bounced and rolled for several dozen meters while still in her jumbled up state.

And then Accelerator looked in the direction the shell had come from.

He had assumed something like a tank had fired it…but he was wrong.

It had come from a giant white rhinoceros beetle that was 15 meters long.

[...]

An odd creaking noise came from Fräulein Kreutune where she lay collapsed on the road. Her upper body had been rotated around three full times and then it had been bent over in an L shape thanks to a shell from the side.

Her body was gradually returning to normal.

She looked like a doll made of rubber or plastic that had been balled up in someone's hand and then let go.

Bonus, in NT7 Kreutune is attacked by a swarm of man-eating roaches, something that fails to harm her.

"Oh, and they can eat a lot more than just human flesh. They can eat wood. They can eat stone. They can eat rubber, metal, glass, and plastic. If you try to run off and hide, they'll just eat through the building, so be careful."

[...]

Someone stepped into the alley. This person was all too defenseless.

"Found you," said a plain young girl's voice. "I found the bad guy."

Yakumi Hisako did not view this girl as a threat. She sent out the swarm of man-eating roaches. The first few dozen roaches began mercilessly eating into that young body.

However…

"Ah…eh…?"

The girl ignored Yakumi's surprise and continued forward.

The girl paid no heed to the swarm of roaches eating into the arms, legs, and cheeks not covered by her white dress. She did not bleed a single drop of blood as she approached Yakumi Hisako with smooth movements.

Finally, Yakumi began to grow worried.

She felt something that no human should have ever felt.

She felt the fear of being stared down by one's natural predator.

I'm not sure how to rate her Durability, but I think it's obviously not human level. To note, Leivinia Birdway, Silvia and Brunhild Eiktobel can't kill her with normal means. They were going to use a special technique from Birdway to make Kreutune vulnerable; when Birdway was defeated by Touma Silvia and Brunhild decided to give up, as Birdway hadn't shared the technique with them and thus they could no longer try to kill her.

Agree with the Stiyl magnus part.

About Fraulein kretune I am not sure. She is really on the level that the whole science side and without the special spells even the high tiers of the magic side can not kill her.

She has some amount of Regenerationn (as shown by repairing her back). She maybe has more than human level durability as well, but in the end it really is a question what we want to give the fact that she is unkillable to.

If she has such high durability it has to be truly insane. Island level would be the minimum, given that AC can construct things like planet level gravity bombs, I would wonder how high it would have to be so that not even a special designed machine from them could kill her. (after all aleister had to imprison her, since he coouldn't kill her without using special spells that would reveal that he lives).

So this is a difficult topic, either we talk about insane Regenerationn or insane durability. What should be clear is that she probably has immunity to all kinds of things, like destruction one cell at a time for example.

Edit: Actually, shouldn't teleportation (teleporting things into her body) then not be able to kill her? that would speak more in favour of Regenerationn, given that at least normal durability can not help you against that.

Kreutune's Durability does seem troublesome. I found a statement given from her point of view that seems to rule out most conventional methods of killing. She did not want to continue on in this way. She would prefer for it to just stop here. She did not care if all the meaning behind all the time she had spent and everything she had built up was sent crashing down by some strike from the side.

But it would not end.

She could not end it.

Even if she was cut. Even if she was burned. Even if she was shot or struck or crushed or stabbed or bit or hanged or buried or split or ripped or drowned or thrown into molten lava or dried up or struck by lightning or soaked in a barrel of poison or forced between gears or fed to wild beasts.

None of the countless cruel methods that humans had used their high level of intelligence to come up with had been able to bring an end to the life form known as Fraulein Kreutune. She knew that down to the very core of her being.

I wouldn't be surprised if she had high level regen, but the most she has shown is when she put her spine back to normal. How would that be rated? Maybe it would be better to leave her Durability as "Unknown" and simply make a list of the things she has endured as feats. What do you think?

Well, we can set her durability to unknown and can certainly add the quotes of what she can endure to the feats.

For Regenerationn I think that her current "at least mid-high" ranking in justified, because as she said she can survive being burnt, which should mean she can survive being turned to ash, I would think.

I understood that part differently. When the narration mentions the trials by ordeal it says that the judges had to give up on her case since after 308 trials she had not been harmed or injured, so I think those are things that were done to her and failed to harm her in any significant way the judges at the time could take as a sign she was guilty, not things that she survived by Regenerationn.

Hmmm... I see. I am not sure to be honest. Its a either or case.

Either she has insane durability and a somehow a resistence to basically all durability negating hax of the science side and likely most of the magic side as well (for example teleportation as mentioned) or she has high level Regenerationn and possibly some amount of durability as well.

So doing an explanation of feats, both what she has practically endured as well as what she should story wise have to endure to get her ranking as not killable by almost all means seems best.

In that case what should we rank her Regenerationn as? She has the one feat, but I am not sure if it should be at least mid-low or at least low-mid.

The question is if we count resetting her spine like she did after Accelerator and Kakine attacked her as healing from a fatal wound. It's basically the same problem as Gunha's regen. He can regenerate being shot and stabbed in the heart which should be a fatal wound but we have him as Mid-low, possibly higher since he hasn't regenerated lost parts of his body. Probably best to put her as "Mid-low" like him (maybe switch the "possibly higher" for likely) for consistency and add the feat list to her page.

I think adding Invulnerability to her powers and abilities seems reasonable. Though I admit, I'm not sure when you start considering it Invulnerability and not just very high/insane Durability. I guess it would need to be stated in the story. The only pages I made with it are Rán and Jack Elvan since are clearly a form of invulnerability in-universe. Gunha has limited Invulnerability listed in his page, and Kreutune seems more unkillable than he is.Would Kihara Kagun's ability to nullify all fatal attacks be considered a fom of Conditional Invulnerability?

Even if we don't add Invulnerability I think her lack of need for air, food and water and her resistance to poison (and heat?) are notable enough to be listed.

This is trickier than I though it would be.

So, leaving aside the harder part of Kreutune's durability, does anyone else agree to the upgrade to Stiyl Magnus' AP and subsequent upgrades to people who are scaled from him?

Well, I don't agree with scaling Innocentius based on Misaka's railgun but scaling from Oriana is fine.

As for her durability, can't you just put it "at least X Saint's AP" since even Saints can't deal with her?

Invulnerability isn't really an accepted thing here.

If people are okay with Kreutune's Durability being at least Mountain level I won't complain. I wasn't sure if it would be a valid claim since none of her feats put her at that level, not that she has many. What do you think about her Regenerationn ranking?

It doesn't seem like anyone else is going to comment or give their opinion. I'll wait a bit more in case someone has a counterargument before making the upgrades to Stiyl and the other magicians scaling from him and Oriana plus fixing Kreutune's Durability and Regen, as we three appear to agree on those changes being fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back