• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time Killer in BlazBlue

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have finished almost everything in story mode but can't find any single statement about Time Killer erasing the target across past, present and future at all, it just says that Time Killer can kill the time that target possesses (which can just mean present and/or future only). Have a discussion with @Theglassman12 on discord and he said something like this :

Terumi is not erased by the Boundary, which can delete the target across time, which means Time Killer can delete the target across time because it is superior to Boundary's EE as it can erase Terumi, something that the Boundary can't.

I respond something like this :

Being able to erase someone who can resist history erasure doesn't translate to being able to erase the history of the target at all, let's say now one character has high 1-B EE but he can only erase present and future (not the past), he can still erase Terumi right? Because that's EE is way more powerful than what Terumi can truly resist, it doesn't need to be history erasure to delete Terumi at all, just a normal EE beyond what Terumi can resist is enough.

Despite what I said he still repeats the same thing and we literally stuck in a loop of same arguments, so I decided to make a CRT to see others opinions.

If his interpretation is correct then nothing changes
If my interpretation is correct then there is no reason to assume that Time Killer can erase past by default, which means many characters will most likely lose HGR and HGR neg

The boundary doesn’t erase someone across time, it erases someone across history. Time Killer erases someone across time given Hakumen literally erases Terumi after his time was killed.

The boundary doesn’t erase someone across time, it erases someone across history. Time Killer erases someone across time given Hakumen literally erases Terumi after his time was killed.
Scan says that Terumi getting erased across time? Because his time being killed can mean various things, there is no reason to assume that he gets erased across time without actual direct statement about it at all.

Hakumen stated that he killed the time which Terumi possesses, isn't it about Terumi's entire history or something?

@Delta333 How? He literally vanishes and the game doesn’t even give him a collapsing sound effect that anyone else gets when they get their asses kicked. Meaning he just fades away.

@Rabbit2002 that and the fact he can erase someone who can no sell the boundary’s EE. Which means it’s a level higher than that level of EE.

@Delta333 How? He literally vanishes and the game doesn’t even give him a collapsing sound effect that anyone else gets when they get their asses kicked. Meaning he just fades away.
I know he vanished, I'm asking which part says that his history gets erased
@Rabbit2002 that and the fact he can erase someone who can no sell the boundary’s EE. Which means it’s a level higher than that level of EE.
You just repeat what I said on OP, bypassing/overpowering resistance doesn't mean having history erasure at all

@Delta333 It’s literally upscaling from the Cauldron’s ability to erase you across history, that’s where the history part comes in.

it means it’s a stronger EE than what the boundary has.

There’s Nu-13 regenerating her existence from the Boundary in CS, Observation being able to bring one’s existence back through rebuilding their information. Terumi coming back from Doomsday which has statements of erasing something on a conceptual level. Likely more if I look into any new material that’s out.

Hades: Izanami stated that Time Killer did not affect her because her time had already ended, correct?

@Delta333 It’s literally upscaling from the Cauldron’s ability to erase you across history, that’s where the history part comes in.

it means it’s a stronger EE than what the boundary has
Same as what has been pointed out on OP

If you have any better feats like what you have said then I suggest to use them instead tbh

But there is no failling sound tho, he was indeed erased, the problem is that no proof about him getting erased across time.

Does his time being killed not give you any idea that his time got erased? Especially when Hakumen says prior to doing it that he’s going to erase Terumi’s existence completely? At this point I don’t know what you’re trying to ask for regarding the time killer.

I'm asking the part about history erasure of Time Killer, because his time being killed is vague thing that can have various possible meanings.

Killing his time means erasing his time? You admitted that he got erased when time killer hit him, why would killing his time not mean erasing his time?

I know it erases his time, the point is that no one knows if time here refers to past, present and future or not.

If one character can stop time, we don't automatically assume said character can stop everything across time right? Here is no different, you need to prove "time" in killing time refers to them.

timestop isn't the same as what Time Killer is so that's a false equivalence. Also what do you mean it refers to them? Like attacking the person specifically because Hakumen literally specifies he kills Terumi's time when he uses it, you can't get more blatant than that when he's telling Terumi what he did to him, otherwise why was he affected in the first place if the time being killed isn't referring to the target.

timestop isn't the same as what Time Killer is so that's a false equivalence
Never said they are the same things, I want to say that influencing "time" doesn't need to be influencing across past, present and future by default, just like how time stop users don't automatically have feats to affect across time at all
Also what do you mean it refers to them?
"Time" in "Killing Time" needs to be directly referred to past, present and future, which is something that the game doesn't elaborate at all

You're not really doing a good job on explaining what you want to see. Also Hakumen literally tells Terumi he kills the time he possessed, the dude with eternal life that existed for eons loses all the time he had, which is likely infinite given how he lives forever.

First off, you'd need a stronger EE than the boundary to affect terumi, also ok? That's not what I'm arguing right now, I'm arguing he erased Terumi's time he had which is infinite given his nature as an immortal being who lived since the dawn of time itself.

First off, you'd need a stronger EE than the boundary to affect terumi, also ok? That's not what I'm arguing right now, I'm arguing he erased Terumi's time he had which is infinite given his nature as an immortal being who lived since the dawn of time itself.
Slicing the neck of someone with type 1 immortality won’t mean you have the ability to erase infinite time. It just means you killed the person

And EE greater than the boundary is just another EE with higher potency.

First off, you'd need a stronger EE than the boundary to affect terumi
You just literally repeat what I said on OP
I'm arguing he erased Terumi's time he had which is infinite given his nature as an immortal being who lived since the dawn of time itself.
I'm saying that erasing the time of someone who can live forever doesn't prove that it can erase history at all, you can just erase the present or the future of Terumi to yeet him out of existence (because it is impossible for someone to live without present and future unless there is feat for such thing)

@Delta333 that would still be erasing him from history as his future is gone, that's still a part of history that's being erased by default and he lives forever, his time is endless as he never ages at all.

@Delta333 that would still be erasing him from history as his future is gone, that's still a part of history that's being erased by default and he lives forever, his time is endless as he never ages at all.
Literally killing anyone removes their future tho
Or are we giving anyone with a gun history erasure cause killing people in the present erases them from the future?

I don't think the current standard treats future and past are the same thing, beside it's just example, time here can just mean present only since everything here is extremely vague, the game doesn't give much information at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back