• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time for a wild West showdown!

Hol Horse just shoots. He's quicker on the draw since Thinking and having a gun magically in your hand > actually drawing a gun. And Hol Horse won't miss unless Morgan does a sudden unexpected movement.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Arthur has analytical prediction and extremely high pain tolerance, so unless he shoots for the heart or head Arthur can still take it.
Wouldn't Hol Horse one-shot cause of Building level AP?

I mean no matter what prep he gets how much is it going to help against attacks that he cant see, from a weapon he cant see, that can be controlled to go around barricades, that can oneshot him?

Arthur's prediction will be his winning grace here, along with his deadeye

Deadeye has shown multiple time to activate passively whenever Arthur is in a danger he himself did not see coming, doesn't see at all, and when he did not activate Deadeye of his own free will. And he always goes for the shot when this happens.

Something else everyone seems to forget is that when he is sensing the area, time is slowed down in a similar fashion to his Deadeye, allowing him to scout the area and any possible danger coming his way.

A mixture of both gives him the win here. Deadeye activating instantly when he's in a danger he isn't aware off will allow him to quickly deliever a shot to the vitals.

Alright. That's an inconclusive at best, since Emeror's bullet would hit Arthur before Arthur's bullet would hit Hol.

Not really. Analytical Prediction allows him to sense something is wrong and dodge it, especially with his perception time slowed down. He has enhanced senses, so he'll be able to pick up something.

How is he going to dodge something that he not only cannot see, but ca move to hit him anyways even if he dodges?

I think I explained that already, weekly. I see two ways for this fight to go.

1:

Deadeye activates before Hol shoots his bullet. We have mostly seen Deadeye activate passively before the opponent has shot the bullet, or even pulled their gun out. If Deadeye activates before this, Arthur shoots his own and wins. Time is slowed down, and Arthur's gun hits a vital.

2:

Same scenario, but Deadeye activates when the gun is pulled or the bullet is shot. In this scenario, it's an inconclusive, because Arthur's bullet will hit Hol first, but he'll eventually be caught by Hol's bullet. Unless the bullet disappears when Hol is killed, in which case, Arthur wins in both scenario's.

I think you're forgetting time is slowed from Deadeye and his enhanced senses

Anyway, I think Arthur wins this 6/10. But I'll vote inconclusive for my reasons above.

Time isnt actually slowed though, thats just heightened preception and its slowr than Hol just needing to think to fire Emperor versus Arthur needing to actually pull out his gun and fire it

And Hol usually fires several bullets at once, espesially if he's the only one attacking (Like when he was working with Boingo)

You might want to make a CRT to give him time manip because the current profile says its perception ehnancement

Can you prove it isn't canon and that's it's just perception enhancement?

You do realize tutorials tell you what you have to do and how things work, right? It's specifically stated in every read dead forum and the game itself to be time slow

What are you talking about? That image is just another tutorial explaining a game mechanic. It literally dosn't say what you put there.

@Smashor

The link was for another statement in RDR. Jack is different.

Anyway, I made a thread for it. You can say it's "game mechanics" there, but you'll have to prove it of course.

Back