• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tigress vs The Player (MC) (ONE MORE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no real chance. Even in early game ship wrecks are extremely common and you can find a map to the Mansion to get totems.

In anyway it's still standard equipment unless it's changed into keys. I don't see how any votes are valid if they ignore what The Player blatantly has at his disposal.

Just going to say using items will be hard when someone who is vastly more skilled in martial arts is laying a beat down, not to mention Tigress is capable of disarming Steve pretty easily.

All he has to do is eat a notch apple right before the fight starts. Or use a splash potion of poison or decay on himself and Tigress then use milk to heal himself (or if he had the golden apple/notch apple he'd be fine anyway).

Not counting that he also has invisbility to use where he has access to many surprise attacks. He also has "thorns" on his armor where Tigress will take the same damage he wil if she hurt him but he regens instead.

The Player would realistically have a shield and basic armor in the very early game. Any health Regenerationn from potions or golden apples - whether found or crafted - would put severe pressure on Tigress, as would any enchanted armor and/or weaponry: all of which is available to the Player at mid-game. His metabolism also allows minor Regenerationn from simply eating.

For reference, here's a video link to a couple of players with midgame level equipment who tried to fight the Wither - an endgame boss.

1.9.2 Survival 5 - Wither

They definitely bit off more than they could chew, but just look at how much punishment it took to actually defeat them. Tigress is strong, but she's nowhere near THAT strong. Fight starts at 1:24.

Midgame Steve doesn't scale to the Wither at all, him taking hits from the Wither is an outlier. Your other points are fair though

GyroNutz said:
Midgame Steve doesn't scale to the Wither at all, him taking hits from the Wither is an outlier. Your other points are fair though
How is it an outlier? The Wither is from Minecraft. The players are wearing Iron Armor with mild enchantments and taking hits from the Wither: that's a thing they can always reliably do with mid-game equipment. The player can't survive if they stay to fight the thing, but they can clearly take a few hits - hits which are blasting through meters of solid rock.

Because iron armoured players can have trouble taking out Endermen, which are rated 8-C. Endermen are fodder compared to late-game bosses, which are rated 7-C.

GyroNutz said:
Because iron armoured players can have trouble taking out Endermen, which are rated 8-C. Endermen are fodder compared to late-game bosses, which are rated 7-C.
Yet, Iron Armored players can be clearly seen taking shots from the Wither and surviving. Remember: this isn't a plotted TV show, where plot armor and writer inconsistency comes into play: Minecraft is a video game with defined rules and limits that don't change without mods. Those players weren't modding or using cheats either: they were wearing Iron Armor with low-level enchantments, and they are taking shots from the Wither. Thus, they scale to the Wither.

Again, no. There's a much simpler explanation for this: it's just Game Mechanics. The same reason why Mario getting two-shot by Goombas/Koopas etc doesn't make him 9-B.

If you want to argue that iron armoured players scale to the Wither Boss, then make a CRT for it.

Btw, plot armour and writer inconsistency do come into play in video games, although not for Minecraft admittedly.

GyroNutz said:
Again, no. There's a much simpler explanation for this: it's just Game Mechanics. The same reason why Mario getting two-shot by Goombas/Koopas etc doesn't make him 9-B.

If you want to argue that iron armoured players scale to the Wither Boss, then make a CRT for it.

Btw, plot armour and writer inconsistency do come into play in video games, although not for Minecraft admittedly.
I hardly need to argue that point: they factually DO - nothing in Minecraft is comparable to the disparity of Mario getting two-shot by Goombas and Koopas, so I don't know where that idea even came from. And in all seriousness, If all we do here is compare the already listed tiers while ignoring the source material, I don't see why vs threads like this one exist in the first place.

You... really do need to argue that point. Mid-game Steve taking hits from the Wither is textbook game mechanics. Hell, "factually", Base Steve also takes hits from the Wither, so should his durability be listed as 7-C too?

Again, make a CRT if you think that iron armoured players scale to the Wither instead of claiming that all we do is ignore the source material.

GyroNutz said:
You... really do need to argue that point. Mid-game Steve taking hits from the Wither is textbook game mechanics. Hell, "factually", Base Steve also takes hits from the Wither, so should his durability be listed as 7-C too?

Again, make a CRT if you think that iron armoured players scale to the Wither instead of claiming that all we do is ignore the source material.
First off, I DID make a CRT. Second, Base Steve would be one-shot by the Wither. Third, why is the Wither rated so much higher than the Player when it's built into the game that the player can kill it? That makes absolutely no sense on any level.

Firstly, I don't see the CRT under the discussions for Minecraft or for the Wither. Maybe you did and just didn't update the tags?

Secondly, in-game Base Steve is not one-shot by the Wither. Even in hard difficulty, its most powerful attack does 15hp damage. But again, we don't scale base Steve to the Wither.

Thirdly, the Player can reliably fight and kill the Wither only when they have late-game gear (e.g. enchanted diamond). That's why late-game Steve scales to the Wither.

Since/if you made the CRT, mind keeping discussions about Steve scaling to the Wither there and not in my vsthread?

GyroNutz said:
Firstly, I don't see the CRT under the discussions for Minecraft or for the Wither. Maybe you did and just didn't update the tags?
It's under The Player, cince this is actually about The Player.

GyroNutz said:
Secondly, in-game Base Steve is not one-shot by the Wither. Even in hard difficulty, its most powerful attack does 15hp damage. But again, we don't scale base Steve to the Wither.

Thirdly, the Player can reliably fight and kill the Wither only when they have late-game gear (e.g. enchanted diamond). That's why late-game Steve scales to the Wither.

Since/if you made the CRT, mind keeping discussions about Steve scaling to the Wither there and not in my vsthread?
I acknowledged that the Player can only reliably fight and kill the Wither when they have late-game gear. The issue is the fact that such an unequipped player still survives single attacks. With that being fact, this wiki is scaling the Wither higher by an entire tier. That's not a small increase: it's utterly massive, so much so that the Wither should be able to casually one-shot the player on a near-miss. It can't. And there's no plot-armor in Minecraft, so it can't be explained away that way. It's not simple game mechanic either: when exactly do we see the Wither launch a single attack that can level an entire town, only for the player to tank it anyway, like they do in Dragonball? Never.

The tier scaling reeks of shenanigans: either the Player is far too weak, or the Wither is far too strong. Either case, the calcs are way off.

Look, with all respect and without seeming like I'm just dodging your arguments, could you please drop this and take it to the CRT? I'll try to respond tomorrow, but this isn't really the place to discuss it.

Btw, I'd recommend adding a few more tags to your CRT if you haven't already. It makes it easier to find.

My guy, I said I'd try to respond. I don't work for the wiki, I have no obligation to respond to your thread. Cut the attitude.

But yes, I have responded now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back