• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna go with Amaterasu here because of her immense Space-Time Manipulation capabilities as well as Concept Manipulation that should put her over the edge.

Guys, just so we're clear, Tifa is resistant to time manipulation.

Votes changed?

Pretty much every FF7 character can equip themselves to be passably resistant to time stop, in fact Pachi just made a CRT for this.

That said I'll eat my words if it doesn't get passed.

Well Amaterasu has Space-Time Manipulation that's pretty powerful. She's able to pull Hakunon back into a the Age of Gods to converse with him casually as well as normally residing in a plane above the mortal realm.

She also still has Concept Manipulation which Tifa doesn't have an answer to.

Okay, just cuz going to go through all of these.

Tamano -Elemental Manipulation, Not going to help, tifas counters her and vice versa

-Poison Manipulation, Assuming Tifa has all of her materia, she cures herself so this wont help.

-Shapeshifting, wont work in a fight

-Summoning, Generally as useful as hers, but she has more 'power', going to lean to her on this one.

-Soul Manipulation, Probably the only hax she has that can hurt/kill tifa atm

-Magic Resistance Bypass, Tifa was always more powerful with her fists in other canon, so this wont be too helpful.

-Resistance to Curse/Matter Manipulation, I guess icing on the cake?

-Probability Manipulation, Forgot the context of this ability but Tifa has this with so many spells so I will just ignore this.

-Time Manipulation, As Per Gargolye said, Tifa can resist time manipulation with certain combination of materia etc so I will leave this be.

-Reality Warping, Scratch the above, this and soul hax is the only thing that can hurt tifa as far as I can see.

-Casuality Manipulation. I dont remember this being combat viable, so someone will have to correct me. Even so, Tifa can just use autolife on herself or her protective spells, should be okay.

- Life/Death Manipulation. Tifa survives auto life

-Fate Manipulation, a little hard for me to say conclusively. Could help with warping and soul hax, but I dont think it is how she will kill tifa.

-Power Nullification, Assuming I did all this work for nothing ggez tamamo wins, but also assuming this only works on active abilities, then Tifa should probably be okay.

-Mind Hax, Again, a means to an end, not a concrete way for victory.

-Spatial Manipulation, Helps counter tifa's aggressive fighting style in many ways? I guess that counts for something.

-Conceptual Manipulation, Going to not go down this rabbit hole.

Allright Tifa-

...basically just the same as above but she has no soul, concept, mind or fate hax.

To be frank, I dont know that much about fate, but even giving the skeptic route of half the above abilities Tifa has no way to kill Tamano, and Tamano can just obliterate Tifa before she can regenerate or hax to death.

Im going Tamano mid diff, only on the soul grounds that tifa will have a very hard time killing her, if not impossible time where as Tamano has so many ways to kill her.

Idk Tamano ap or Kiara who she is scaled too I know Sephiroth is in the megafoes who Tifa scales off of.

Assuming that is it higher, I will be generous and say tamano stomps. If tifas is higher, maybe mid high diff still for Tamano.

KinkiestSins said:
Idk Tamano ap or Kiara who she is scaled too
I know Sephiroth is in the megafoes who Tifa scales off of.

Assuming that is it higher, I will be generous and say tamano stomps. If tifas is higher, maybe mid high diff still for Tamano.
Kiara is a baseline 4-B. Tifa definitely has the advantadge in RAW power, even if she isn't as strong as Sephiroth, Sephiroth's feat is slightly above even Sentry (1 MegaFoe) in terms of AP.

Hax doesn't mean much if your opponent can use a simple ranged attack and end it instantly, and they have no means around it. Tifa wins.

Tifa is fully serious when combat starts, though she's an RPG character, so we don't entirely know.

Amaterasu is shown to be fairly arrogant, but she has no problem doing what needs to be done.

@Cal, ranged attacjs can be dodged, especially when speed is equalised. Unless the starting distance is a few metres,and/ or Tifa's ranged attack has a massive AoE, it gets sidestepped.

But is the AP gap large enough for Tifa to one-shot?

I mean....We don't know too much about her, she's stated to have the power of multiple servants, but that said she shouldn't be the type of person to go in hand to hand considering a piece of her is a caster.

@Monarch

Currently, we've placed Kiara around baseline Solar System level due to the fact that an entire Solar System is able to revolve around her as well as the fact that she was a Bodhisattva on par with Saver, who was stated to be able to easily govern and manipulate entire Solar Systems.

Tifa is far above that due to having a power output comparable to Sephiroth. Even a grazing hit would be enough to kill Kiara despite the latter's resistances.

@Monarch. Any of the -aga spells (Firaga, Thundaga, Blizzaga), have massive AoE. And that's not even counting Final Heaven

Alright, I'll vote for Tifa via serious fighting personality, enough AP to one shot, and AoE to hit Tammy with it

Her profile says it's resistance to Time-Stop, but that's it. Not sure that could negate Tifa being sent practically anywhere in the timeline like Amaterasu did to Hakuno.

Tifa definitely has an AP/Dura advantage, the main thing she needs is to be able to deal with Amaterasu's hax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back