• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier ∞, should it be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I and DarkLK both dislike the category, so I personally have no problem with removing it, and possibly the joke profiles as well. However, others do like them, which is why I kept the better ones around.

In agreement with Antvasima, which is why I asked for the removal of Naruto joke page which thankfully is gone. I would definitely not mind the revomal of tier infinity as it does not help our cause or contribute to a serious discussion of characters and their power levels and abilities, which is what this site is all about. But I also wouldn't like them to take their time to remove all that, admins here are stressed enough as it is.

Well, I could remove the category from the character tiering page easily enough. And deleting all of the joke profiles wouldn't be hard either.

As requested, I have removed tier infinity from the Character Tiering page. However, since some people like them, the better joke profiles remain.

I am not against joke profiles.

But something like "Random relatively weak character with multi-omniversal statistics and long list of victories" is not a joke at all to me.

Okay. Since this is the theme for all of the "joke profiles" that remain, do you think that I should delete them as well?

Antvasima said:
Okay. Since this is the theme for all of the "joke profiles" that remain, do you think that I should delete them as well?
I thought the point behind Goku's joke profile was how hilariously wanked he is by many places on the internet despite being relatively unimpressive compared to a vast number of fictional characters?

Yes, but people take other profiles, such as Chuck Norris, more seriously, and we have quite a few mostly pointless ones now.

Chuck Norris character and his feats are purely comedic, Goku is not a joke character, and he clearly has limitations. Whether Goku is wanked by his delusional fanboys should not be the concern of this wiki. Joke profiles are very much unnecessary and insulting to the fans themselves. A lot of people are trolling Screwattack superman with unlimited jokes on the internet. Joke profiles would piss off genuine fans who're not fanboys/wankers/trolls. It's best to remove them

I and DarkLK agree about removing them, but we should probably wait for more input before doing so.

Okay, so are new joke pages illegal now?

Because if not, and we still can make them simply without the ∞, I would like to make at least one joke page in my time here...

Well, DarkLK, who is our most respected member, only seems to have a problem with the "tier infinity multi-omniverse" part, due to its idiocy. However, since that is much of the entire joke with several pages, we likely have to either delete or restructure them.

Maybe we could give them unknown or impossible to define tiers instead, and remove the omniverse mentions?

Maybe so. I mean the only joke profiles i don't mind having here would be the Chuck Norris and Squirrl Girl ones. The rest i really don't care about them being deleted.

Joke profiles don't really have a meaning except from being jokes. Personally I think the ifinite tier doesn't have a purpose unless there really was a character at that tier.

Point there. I mean i can get the Chuck Norris and Squirrl Girl ones, but just not the other ones tbh with ya.

Okay, so should I remove the pointless profiles, and keep the better ones, but remove their "omniverse" and "tier infinity" ratings?

I don't know yet. Probably just "Joke character" and something other than "omniverse". I am open for suggestions.

Good question, Lasting. What would replace it then now that the Tier Infinity is taken out?

Edit: nvrmind, Ant already kind of answered this.

I don't know yet. Probably just "Joke character" and something other than "omniverse".

Something specific for this character, may be.

I will take a look at them in a short while.

I have now deleted all of them except for Chuck Norris and Squirrel Girl, and removed the "Multi-Omniverse" mention from Chuck's profile. I let them keep the "Tier infinity" rating in lack of better ideas though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back